OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan-TRO 3145 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental  (Read 23188 times)

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Re: Fan-TRO 3145 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 10:47:05 AM »

SWEET!  Thank you, this will go on the fan project list on the official forum, too.

Fenris

• Menig
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »

Well, thank you too then. :) I'm kinda relieved to see it finally being "finished". Took long enough ^^

Fenris

• Menig
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 10:27:59 AM »

Good day, everyone.

Let me present you with the REVISED edition of my Fan-TRO, or rather the Beta version of the Revised edition. :)

Since this is a Beta, I would like to encourage you to give as much feedback as possible, especially concerning any grammar or spelling mistakes as well as stat errors.

Why a Beta at all? Because I still have to do the Record Sheets of all new units and change a few old Record Sheets. Since that takes time, and I currently don't have too much of that available (plus it is very tedious and boring work), I can't really say at what point exactly I'll have everything ready to release the "final" Revised edition (and this time, it is definitely going to be the "final" edition).

Anyways, happy reading :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?xz60mstt48z42q9
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:40:25 AM by Fenris »

Fenris

• Menig
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »

Good day, everyone.

I would like to share with you the REVISED and this time definitely *final* edition of my nearly three year old Fan-TRO 3150 Lyran Commonwealth Supplemental, which you can download with at mediafire with the link below.

What I changed for the Revised Edition:
-'hopefully' fixed all errors and glitches in the fluff texts, stats and previous Record Sheets
-Record Sheets are back
-included a new *hidden* unit design with yet another artwork by the awesome Matt Plog
-changed a few unit stats
-improved fluff coherence inregard to the 3145/3150 change
-reworked the layout a bit
-new TRO cover

WARNING: This TRO is still very 'Lyran' and also contains almost exclusively what most people would describe as 'min-maxed designs', except for the BV I guess. If you thoroughly despise either of the two or maybe even both, no matter the corresponding fluff, chances are you will not be very happy with the TRO. In that case, I'm truly sorry, but it's just the way I design BT stuff.
Also, I did my best to get rid of any language-related errors, but I cannot be 100% certain as, sadly, I'm still no native speaker :P, so please forgive any language-related oddities you may still come across.

Anyways, I sincerely hope people can enjoy the TRO nonetheless, even after all this time. Happy reading ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/?80lm2c9qexapfu3

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »

Downloaded.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2016, 11:37:43 PM »

AWESOME!

Great cover, like the Archon space station image.  People keep forgetting there needs to be orbital infrastructure, too.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2016, 06:19:01 AM »

Thanks Fenris, not much of a min max fan myself, but I'll have a look in the spirit it is offered and focus on the fluff, as I'm a Lyran fanatic...I have to go now though, the ball is about to start.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 08:47:11 PM »

I enjoyed the fluff and artwork throughout and a couple of the designs the Rakshasa II, Terror, Schanze Fortress Trailer (Awesome BTW), Cwn Annwn Battle Armour, the Bastion upgrade, the Reingold and Archon Gigaplex

Maybe one mistake though the Terror T12S has 2 ER Large Pulse Lasers for 6 Crit and 9 ton seems very light for the guns.  Actuator Enhancement System on the arm (I've no idea if it reduces the weight tbh if it does I'm wrong)  Probably my favourite looking design.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:48:06 PM by Dragon Cat »
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »

The Schange was a great idea - I really enjoyed writing that one.

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »

only two things are missing.  the first is Alpha Strike cards and the second is 3D Printer Files for the Rakshaska II
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 06:20:14 PM »

Hmm..  Never considered Alpha Strike for my project, either.

Fenris

• Menig
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »

Alpha Strike Cards... yes, I had those in there before QuickStrike became Alpha Strike, but only because the number of designs back then was still limited and SSW allowed spit out the necessary stats with each design. Alpha Strike has some differences though from what I understand and the conversion looked kind of... complex to me. So since the number of designs had increased by a lot since then, I never bothered with the conversion. Would simply eat up too much time, I feared.

As for 3d prints... I have literally zero expertise in that field and would need to buy any prints from that Russian website as well...  ;D

And yes, sorry... I only do minmaxed designs. The TRO is essentially an adaption from an old AU of mine (which started way before '45 though) where all factions have minmaxed designs. And even while being minmaxed, i think some fairly original designs came into being nonetheless. I felt it would be weird to intentionally tweak the designs for the worse.
I understand however that many if not even most people prefer (un)intentionally flawed designs. Again, I'm truly sorry in that case as those people will most likely get not too much out of this TRO, especially if they don't care for the LC. In that case however, I still hope that they can get at least something out of the artworks and writing (as a non-native, I still hope the writing is at least somewhat entertaining and not too off in terms of syntax etc... and yes, I intentionally focused on the more technical aspects of R&D in contrast to the more "action driven" narrative of the canon TRO3145/3150 TROs, I simply prefer it that way :P and it also allowed the TRO to be more compatible withe the canon timeline as I didn't need to make up too many  combat-related events)

As for the last variant of the Terror... not sure it's too light... don't forget, it doesn't have LFF anymore but reflective and also uses standard structure (not a big fan of composite... just too fragile).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:30:38 PM by Fenris »

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2016, 02:37:33 AM »

I don't mind... my beloved commonwealth NEEDS min maxed designs right now.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up