OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dagda (3033 2) CBS vs CB  (Read 10631 times)

Marlin

• Lord Dragon
  • Korporal
  • Trying my best.
Dagda (3033 2) CBS vs CB
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »

As several Jump-signatures emerged at the Zenith of Dagda, Fighters disgorged, Dropships were separated from their holds, Dagda's Burrock Enclave received a message: Behind a blood-red faceplate with no human appearance, a Warrior looked into the VidCam: "Clan Burrock! Your time of quiet on Dagda has come to an end. I am saKhan Darius Cage of Clan Blood Spirit, the only true Clan and I challenge you for possession of your production facilities here as well as the surrounding (8) Enclaves you own.
Know that Clan Fire Mandrill forces are accompanying us and shall get their fair share of combat and reward. With what will you defend against our rightful claim?"

A small movement of the head and a somewhat less arrogant tone indicated a bit of indignation when the following words were uttered: "Also, we ask for safcon."

The image vanished.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:06:44 PM by Knightmare »
Clan Blood Spirit, KU.

For the ultimate combined Arms experience:

Mechwarrior Living Legends full installer:

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,19089.0.html

Coriendal

• Mandarin
  • KU Player
  • Korporal
  • Chancellor of the Confederation
Re: Dagda (3033 2) CBS vs CB
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »

OOC:  Dagda has 65 enclaves and 10 Omni factories.  Should the Clans be conducting trials with this much at stake.  Should it not be a few enclaves or 1 factory at a time?  Using this model I could attack Shadow which has the entire production of Clan Mandrill(IIRC) and if I won pretty much destroy them.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

No. With the force heading in, he can't claim the entire World.  He can go after the factory and several enclaves.

Due to the need to get sheets out this combat has been resolved. Feel free to role play it though.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Marlin

• Lord Dragon
  • Korporal
  • Trying my best.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »

No. With the force heading in, he can't claim the entire World.  He can go after the factory and several enclaves.

Due to the need to get sheets out this combat has been resolved. Feel free to role play it though.

OOC: was safcon granted or was it a bloody slugfest?
And yeah, it is for the whole 10 Factories and 8 Enclaves. It is a chunk of Dagda, but only of the Burrocks. Even so, Clan practices could allow for just one Cluster do defend this or even more, although that price here would be very important, so no Clan would go that route, but 1 Galaxy would be fitting, think of Tokasha, where 2 Galaxies clashed. However, I fear there will be more units involved.. limiting the fights to a few, but masses of troops at that, I guess. For normal trials, yes, I could see Clans going for 1 Enclave at a time. But this is Blood Spirits vs Burrocks. :/
Clan Blood Spirit, KU.

For the ultimate combined Arms experience:

Mechwarrior Living Legends full installer:

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,19089.0.html

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 03:54:51 PM »

I have a full write up on clan bidding and warfare, but I also have to put a time limit on players and their conversations, or we will never get anywhere.

@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Coriendal

• Mandarin
  • KU Player
  • Korporal
  • Chancellor of the Confederation
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »

OOC:  I think we all need a write up on what we can trial for.  As in how much at a time and what force should be committed.  10 GF factories seems like a lot to get for one trial.  If that is where we are going Clan Snow Raven will never grant Safcon and will commit every force in space and on world to its defense.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:01:15 PM by Coriendal »
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »

Which is the Raven's right an something they historically did.  Safcon does not have to be granted.

@BlackNova01

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »

I was under the impression it was 1 Cluster for 1 Enclave/Omni-GF as a way to limit massive land grabs, but still allow for Galaxy-sized clashes? I'm italicizing in-character text so players will know the difference.

:)
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »

That was it.  Due to the size of the facility, the Blood Spirits needed to commit a large force, additionally, the Fire Mandrills went in with the Spirits, thier own assault adding to the overall weight of the attack, but being viewed as a separate combat.

After 2 months of Clan trials I have a solid document for how things will proceed, but no one has breached any rules or standards.  Within the KU, the Spirits dropped 3 Galaxies on the Burrocks about 20 years ago, so this is not unprecedented.

@BlackNova01

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 03:13:49 AM »

"saKhan Darius Cage," the woman on the screen says with an amused look. "Your petition for Safcon is denied. I would also like to take this moment to mock your hypocrisy in declaring your Spirits the 'one true clan' when you do not dare come here without help from the Fire Mandrills. Apparently the 'one true clan' must hide behind what, by definition, they do not accept as a real clan."

"I would like to mock you, but I have found that I cannot bid the level of intelligence necessary without carrying out a lobotomy on one of my warriors to lower them to your level - and you do not deserve that level of effort."

"Be assured of a warm welcome on Dagda."

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 04:13:50 AM »

And with that, the Burrocks of Dagda would burn...

@BlackNova01

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »

I was thinking about it last night and I was thinking that a 1 cluster to 1 enclave/GF is perfect and for ship to ship trials a 1-1 rule would also suffice. So if the Foxes wanted three Hellion vessels, the initial hellion bid should have been three ships with the option to add a single "cluster" to each as a defensive cap. The Foxes could then match accordingly. Make a small change for designated Capitals, but otherwise it would allow for large and small trials.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:36:18 PM by Knightmare »
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:16 AM »

And with that, the Burrocks of Dagda would burn...

Well yeah. So might as well get in some defiant banter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up