OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolfenstein: New Order  (Read 4255 times)

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
Wolfenstein: New Order
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »

I have a confession.  I don't like the Military First Person Shooter.  this stems from a long entrenched pacifist nature and a belief that for the most part people are pretty okay.  this means if I want to play an FPS I gotta got for Sci Fi Fare like Doom, Quake 4, or Halo.

it is fitting the first two were mentioned as they are Id Stalwarts along with Wolfenstein, and their new entry Wolfenstein the New Order is right up my alley.

lets start with the fact that we are back to shoot Nazis, which conveniently bypasses my "I do not like the hurt people" switch... because freaking Nazis.  I love that this game wraps every FPS trope old and new around it like a warm cuddly blanket, and yet gives you so many choices on how to approach it.  that every weapon is dual weildable is a nice touch, and despite being forced down your throat, the LASERKRAFTWERK's continuous upgrades make it a gore spraying blast that I have not seen since the Unmaker in Doom64.  While ceretianly no Citizen Kain in the narrative department there is suprising depth if you go looking for it as well.

it is definatly worht the 60 bucks and the best game on My XboxOne so far.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
Re: Wolfenstein: New Order
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »

this stems from a long entrenched pacifist nature and a belief that for the most part people are pretty okay. 

But you are okay with dealing with BattleMechs?

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »

Sure. I can understand that sentiment. It isn't far off from my own. Battletech is fictional, not intent on simulating the reality of warfare as it exists in a modern-day understandable sense. Call of Duty...not so much.
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »

Miniature representing 3 story tall Robot dudes where my imagination is key to visualize doesn't make me squick as much as standing in a virtual world from the perspective of a character I directly control, and having to shoulder a rifle and intentional bring harm to another reasonably realistic human being.

if the thing I am shooting at is dehumanized in a significant way, such as being encased in battle armor, made into a cyborg, an alien, demon or a Nazi (because seriously you don't need to justify shite with Nazis) then I am not bothered.

I did not say it makes sense, just how I am wired.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up