OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: screenshot experiment - project page (finished)  (Read 22900 times)

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Re: screenshot experiment - project page
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 05:51:56 PM »

Right now?  "The Invasion".  Not my best work, but I had to describe it somehow to my wife and the people I work with.   :P

I guess we'll see what happens in canon.  If there's a big time jump after all, it might be interesting.

*Ugh.  Darn you, Namar, I'm not even half done THIS project.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 03:00:09 AM »

The newer, larger and hopefully final Light trailer sheets.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2022, 03:01:09 AM »

...And the second page.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:01:43 AM by Red Pins »

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2022, 05:38:09 AM »

Looks good!

namar13766

• Menig
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2022, 05:48:16 AM »

Wait, how did these Blakists get their hands on Black Boxes?

Also, what kinds of drones would be launched from those cubicles?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2022, 08:45:32 AM »

Black box tech is common in the Cluster, HPGs are too big, expensive, and a massive 'hit me!' Target.

Getting them isn't hard with the 'Prometheus Database'.  It's a cheat, a shortcut to regaining the old SL tech base.

the micro drone cubicles are basically for anything under 100 kg.  I figure a 'Killerwasp' from the OF, but might need something smaller.  I did ask to use them, at least.

namar13766

• Menig
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2022, 11:03:39 AM »

You working on the Assault Trailers now?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2022, 05:43:47 PM »

Already done.

Just have to work on the layout.  It's probably going to be identical to the two pages of light trailers, but with more guns and independent trailers.  It was about the same number, just more of the same.

Although I really like what Marauder648 did in his Hell's Horses Zhukoverse with the Protmech ACs, so I might be looking into using them as towed trailers or something. :o

Something else to look up.  Tell me again why I chose Infantry first?

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 06:04:57 AM »

Trailers always seemed to me like more or less mobile bunkers.
You can add to the firepower of your vehicles and such but once they are put somewhere they remain there.

But I never gave them much thoughts.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 06:08:56 PM »

You can add to the firepower of your vehicles and such but once they are put somewhere they remain there.

Hmm, kinda.  They have advantages and disadvantages like any thing. Particularly mine, but it isn't legal. The thing most people seem to look over is the.way they're powered.  The have a minimum, 10 ER - but nothing else.

Add the drone control for (mass*10%)+.5tons, and you have something interesting.

namar13766

• Menig
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 08:21:49 PM »

Hmm, kinda.  They have advantages and disadvantages like any thing. Particularly mine, but it isn't legal. The thing most people seem to look over is the.way they're powered.  The have a minimum, 10 ER - but nothing else.

Add the drone control for (mass*10%)+.5tons, and you have something interesting.

I think ultimately Infantry remains an essential part of any military. So Wheeled Battle Armor, Battle Armor Trailers, and Battle Armor Mules are just tools which happen to allow infantry to be much more effective, be it open warfare or asymmetrical operations.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 11:00:32 PM »

I think ultimately Infantry remains an essential part of any military. So Wheeled Battle Armor, Battle Armor Trailers, and Battle Armor Mules are just tools which happen to allow infantry to be much more effective, be it open warfare or asymmetrical operations.

...You forgot, 'Extra-Light 'Mechs', Cassette missile launchers, Portable Turrets, Thunderbolt-TOW launchers, and I forget what else.  Like I said, why did I do Infantry first, again?

I'm actually just writing fluff for the Serpentus series of WOB vehicles right now - needed a break from layout.  Three really optimized, two so-so, one failure (the tracked MBT).  Ironically, the three best carry nukes, either Piranha/Alamo, or Davy Crockett-Ms, the .5 kiloton Arrow IV.

namar13766

• Menig
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2022, 11:51:26 AM »

...You forgot, 'Extra-Light 'Mechs', Cassette missile launchers, Portable Turrets, Thunderbolt-TOW launchers, and I forget what else.  Like I said, why did I do Infantry first, again?

I'm actually just writing fluff for the Serpentus series of WOB vehicles right now - needed a break from layout.  Three really optimized, two so-so, one failure (the tracked MBT).  Ironically, the three best carry nukes, either Piranha/Alamo, or Davy Crockett-Ms, the .5 kiloton Arrow IV.

You thought Infantry would be easiest to do and didn't realize how complicated it actually ended up being?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »

Oh - My - God.  No, I had no CLUE what I was saying.

>snip<

Ugh.  Nevermind, diarrhea of the keyboard.  Yeah, I thought this would be the easiest group, 6 WoB armor, a couple native stuff, the ELMs I had done already.  Then, do some drones, then finish up and use MML or HMPro to pound out the Mechs, Vehicles, ASF.  Maybe a week for each type.

No.  No idea.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 10:36:25 PM »

Case in point; looking through TacOps to make sure I didn't miss something that might make a good variant for a Serpentis Series VTOL, and notice I don't have anything that uses dropchutes, even though I have notes at the front of the book to remind myself of these things.

So, now, I have to come up with a half-dozen pre-made ones for the WBA, and drone-launch capabilities for a 'RAPID DRAGON' launch system https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGw8XEt8B9M for drones (VTOLs), and ground drones (wheeled, tracked, hover, ELM LAMs), plus ground stations for Emergency C3 Masters, C3 Boosters, P-C3, Towed Artillery (ProtomechACs, renamed of course), Heavy Towed Artillery (iACs and Light ACs), Missile Tubes...

Shoot me now.  At 2 15-min breaks and a 20-min lunch, that's a month or so of work for just another couple pages.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up