OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: screenshot experiment - project page (finished)  (Read 22898 times)

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Re: screenshot experiment - project page
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2022, 11:49:45 PM »

...And now, lost everything from the last two weeks or so due to trying to reorganize the files mixed up between two computers and a flash drive.  Hopefully, I have a more recent save, somewhere, or I'm going to have to figure out a better way to keep things straight.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2022, 10:09:24 AM »

Cool units
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2022, 05:35:33 PM »

Thanks.  Just trying to keep writing down one item a day.  God knows when I'll be able to enter this stuff.  I'd love to spend time editing, but I've decided to try getting it down first.  Next up is Technicals and Auxiliaries.

namar13766

• Menig
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2022, 06:37:49 PM »

Thanks.  Just trying to keep writing down one item a day.  God knows when I'll be able to enter this stuff.  I'd love to spend time editing, but I've decided to try getting it down first.  Next up is Technicals and Auxiliaries.

More irregular stuff fielded by the WOB?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2022, 12:16:44 AM »

Yeah.

You ever see one of those pictures from the middle east, the beaten-up old 1 ton truck with the giant AA gun on the back?  "Technical - a light, improvised fighting vehicle."

How about a police helicopter?  Auxiliary.

According to my notes and headcanon, the Civil Government was adding suspicious pieces to civilian vehicles - nothing really noticeable, just things like supports slightly stronger than they had to be, oversized fuel cells in multiple vehicles as a 'cost saving measure', busses that used noticeably better suspension than previous models.  That kind of thing.  Then, when those vehicles were spotted with Pintle mounts and a couple hundred kilos of Bar-6 armor, the cars were parted out for military spares on trailers, etc., and the old tires and seating on the busses switched out with All-Terran wheels and mounting Satellite Uplinks with drone control stations, it suddenly made a lot more sense.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Re: screenshot experiment - project page (Finished for now.)
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2022, 12:30:40 AM »

(Temporarily) Final screenshots of the Serpentus vehicles.  One exceptional unit, two good units, one reconditioned failure, one fair unit, and one unqualified failure.

From here, I already have the charts set up with generic images for the 17 technicals (assorted movement types) but still setting up the layout for the Auxiliaries.  Now, to go over designs and notes before doing data entry.  Maybe this weekend, as a reward for finishing building a fence.  I feel optimistic that I might even be able to get it all painted if I can rent the sprayer and it doesn't rain.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 12:34:07 AM »

...And another post, because you can only do four attachments.

Please note the Blight is going to have to be partially re-written - I took out bits about the external pylons holding bombs, then found the rule I was looking for.  Plus confusing Cubicles with racks.  Should be fixed in the Gamma, whenever that happens.

namar13766

• Menig
Re: screenshot experiment - project page (finished)
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2022, 05:28:14 AM »

What’s the difference between drone racks and drone cubicles?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2022, 08:35:43 AM »

Cubicles are BA sized - one drone each.  Racks are vehicle/Mech sized, 10 micro Cubicles per ton, 8 Light (?) per ton, 6 Medium per ton, 1 per Heavy.  I think I posted the screen pic of the tech here somewhere, not sure those are the right numbers.

Anyway, realized something wasn't done right (forget right now) but not worth fixing right now, maybe this weekend or leave for the Gamma.

Wrangler

• Korporal
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2022, 07:49:40 PM »

What is this precisely for? MULE?

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2022, 02:28:53 AM »

What is this precisely for? MULE?

Sorry, what?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up