OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming Releases  (Read 86260 times)

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
Re: Upcoming Releases
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2013, 08:42:33 AM »

Off work sick so i've been reading it (just finished the FedSuns section) been good so far.

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »

I used to consider the Cappelans a joke and the Free Worlds League something that happens to other people...

What the hell?
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »

It's not a good time to be a son of the suns i guess.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

I used to consider the Cappelans a joke and the Free Worlds League something that happens to other people...

What the hell?

Every dog has his day?... ;)

Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2013, 05:14:34 PM »

And now with full color maps.  Updated download already available.  I was wondering about that.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Epoch Rooster

• Kavallerist
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »

What the hell?

True, but the Capellan dog has been having his day since 3057, while the FedSuns has been on a downward spiral since the War of 3039.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:31:36 AM by Epoch Rooster »
Commander Cyrus Nickle
ARC-3K Archer
The Disposable Heroes

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »

What the hell?

True, but the Capellan dog has been having his day since 3057, while the fedSuns has been ona downward spiral since the War of 3039.

I don't buy the second part of that, the Fed Suns had been propping up the Lyran war machine.  it was Davion Military planning that repelled Clan jade Falcon, it was a Davion Scion and his force that saved a Kurita, and it was the Federated Commonwealth that gathered up the second Star League  to annihilate Clan Smoke Jaguar (a war whereby the Davion contributions kicked some major ass)
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

He might be looking pure territorial gains...

IMO, I think the Suns suffered through to 3145 pretty well given Caleb's reign. It's not the Confederation's fault that they squirreled away more weapons than the Suns after the Jihad, or that the AFFS grew complacent in the years after the Victoria War.

Like a good Wall Street institution, the FedSuns is too big to fail.  ;)...or is it? MadCap might get his way.

Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »

Thank you Knightmare for bringing up the Victoria war, where all indications are they kicked the crap out of the Cappies.

looking at Victories in terms of territory gains is the wrong way to go, since the end of the Jihad there has been a rejection of the pursuit of the dream of the Star Leauge acknowledging that "This is what has gotten us into so much trouble."  this has left war as a tool more for raw conquest, something the Suns has no interest in anymore.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2013, 06:29:36 AM »

As long as the Free Worlds League can continue to expand back to its traditional borders all will be right with the world.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »

.... yeaaaaaaaaaaaah about that

Nerroth

• Korporal
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »

Looks like we might be getting a PDF release for TRO: 3145 Republic of the Sphere after all.

Plus there should be a set of "Old is the New New" Record Sheets included in an upcoming unabridged RS file supporting the TRO:3145 print volume.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »

To little to late for me, I have walked away from the game over this and went out and played 40k for the first time in years yesterday.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »

I'm just kind of confused as to why a PDF of the "print" TRO, so you can pick up the quirks and such, wouldn't just be easier to do than "we'll be re-editing/formatting a Republic only TRO." This particular product has had a very strange, and rather off-putting, roll out. Print first exclusive, I guess I can get (though that seems rather antithetical to CGL's model for the last...rather long time). This one just seems wacky, and badly handled from a product management standpoint. I'll freely state I'm sure there are a thousand things going on behind the scenes that make it all make sense. But from out here, it's just confusing as all hell. Mixed messages abound.
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

TigerShark

• Sergeant
    • MekWars: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2013, 01:21:33 PM »

To little to late for me, I have walked away from the game over this and went out and played 40k for the first time in years yesterday.

O.o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up