OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming Releases  (Read 86288 times)

Nerroth

• Korporal
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
Re: Upcoming Releases
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2013, 12:51:39 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing how QuadVees will work in an Alpha Strike context.

Also, it's been confirmed over on the BT boards: there will be no faction-specific TRO for the Republic of the Sphere. The RAF (and any "associated factions") will be in the print edition of TRO:3145.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:51:57 PM by Nerroth »

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing how QuadVees will work in an Alpha Strike context.

Also, it's been confirmed over on the BT boards: there will be no faction-specific TRO for the Republic of the Sphere. The RAF (and any "associated factions") will be in the print edition of TRO:3145.

ComStar and anyone else?

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »

ComStar and anyone else?

Maybe... 8)

Seriously though, the RAF is BAMF IMHO (but I'm partial for other reasons) so you should definitely buy the TRO for the goodies.
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »

That's rather disappointing. I was really looking forward to a full Republic TRO, not something shared.
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »

That's rather disappointing. I was really looking forward to a full Republic TRO, not something shared.

It could be a stand alone, but combined with the new awesome pilot profiles it really is an awesome product worth picking up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:50:29 PM by Knightmare »
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

Many things depend on the paperback TRO

1) How many of the designs will be plain repeats of the PDFs

2) will there be any further info/updates of already released designs

3) How much will it be?  (which is also related to question 1) since I don't want to splash out on a bunch of stuff I already have and only a couple of new units.  I generally buy TROs for the units/fluff which is why I've so far grabbed the 3145 PDFs - the timeline period at the moment has little interest to me - so exactly how much over and above the PDFs in this one is pretty important.

I see the PDFs as a bit of a double edged sword they've given us tons of new units in PDF form but if the paper version is full of repeats and a couple of new units then I can see it not doing as well as previous TROs.

Good thing is the yanks tend to get it before us brits so I'll just watch the forum chatter  :P
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »

Prototyes was realy sly about it, not using everything from XTROs, giving us new never before seen stuff, altered artwork and tweaked stats.

I expect much the same from the print 3145 book.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »

I'm a little confused on the timeline here. Am I mis-remembering, or was a TRO 3145 Republic said to be forthcoming, and just recently, they've said otherwise? If my memory is correct, that's the part that seems to irk me. It feels like a bait and switch. "Yeah, we just decide we wanted the print TRO ready for GenCon, so fuck you Republic fans." It kind of seems like maybe this could have been mentioned a while back. If it was, I'll withdraw the complaint. I freely admit that I'm not as up to date on the product timeline.

Ken

• Bethlens' Irregulars
  • Hexare Grenadier
  • Fanjunkare
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2013, 07:16:57 AM »

It was always planned to have the Republic material in the 'print' TRO, which will also be released as a .pdf, along with selected material from the .pdf only ones.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up. Complaint withdrawn. :)

Nerroth

• Korporal
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »

So, who (if anyone) here will be going to GenCon, to see if CGL managed to get a few copies of TRO:3145 printed and brought to the convention?

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »

Sadly, I can't make it, but I might be at Dragon Con.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »

So, who (if anyone) here will be going to GenCon, to see if CGL managed to get a few copies of TRO:3145 printed and brought to the convention?

I am at gencon now, i have a printed edition of 3145, and will be talking about it when i record the show tonight
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »

[turns to face JPArbiter]

Raises gun >:(

Hope you have fun...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:49:52 AM by Dragon Cat »
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2013, 12:07:42 AM »

Having a terrible time, no one should go to Gencon EVER!

Please don't kill me

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up