OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming Releases  (Read 86278 times)

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
Re: Upcoming Releases
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

Ordered the current Space Marines Codex as well today.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »

To little to late for me, I have walked away from the game over this and went out and played 40k for the first time in years yesterday.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2013, 08:03:35 AM »

Okay someone has too much time on their hands and DID NOT SHARE THE RUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »

I'm just kind of confused as to why a PDF of the "print" TRO, so you can pick up the quirks and such, wouldn't just be easier to do than "we'll be re-editing/formatting a Republic only TRO." This particular product has had a very strange, and rather off-putting, roll out. Print first exclusive, I guess I can get (though that seems rather antithetical to CGL's model for the last...rather long time). This one just seems wacky, and badly handled from a product management standpoint. I'll freely state I'm sure there are a thousand things going on behind the scenes that make it all make sense. But from out here, it's just confusing as all hell. Mixed messages abound.

they could be experimenting with a new way to roll out.  I mean lets face it the PDF TROs were a great way to get psyched, and at best out of the two dozen units we saw in each only about 5 or 6 made it in the print.  the goal for CGL was for fans to buy the print book (when it hits shelves) and one or two PDFs of thier favorite factions.  would they like it if everyone bought the whole set?  of course, but thier sales goal was probably much more modest.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

I think Herb has mentioned over and over again that single faction books don't sell particularly well. I figure you have two choices. Keep creating combo-faction books like the FMs, or smaller single faction products like TRO 3145, but with some sort of combo-set for those who want a more complete book. By tossing in a few goodies a print-only product doesn't seem like a rip off IMO.

Personally, I think this was a better deal than say TRO 3055 or TRO 3067.
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »

See i'd be happy with that if they'd released all 8 books as PDF's but the fact that they've released 7 and then said 'if you want the 8th you have to buy it in DTF' has pissed me off, i've been replacing all my older books with pdf as i can afford it and only buying new stuff as pdf's, not good customer service all.

TigerShark

• Sergeant
    • MekWars: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:03 PM »

See i'd be happy with that if they'd released all 8 books as PDF's but the fact that they've released 7 and then said 'if you want the 8th you have to buy it in DTF' has pissed me off, i've been replacing all my older books with pdf as i can afford it and only buying new stuff as pdf's, not good customer service all.

If that's your tipping point, then that's your tipping point. Does Warhammer sell all of their stuff in PDF? I haven't checked in many years.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2013, 01:38:22 AM »

Given that minatures are a much larger part of their sales than they for CGL, I would imagine not.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »

If that's your tipping point, then that's your tipping point. Does Warhammer sell all of their stuff in PDF? I haven't checked in many years.

They've only just started selling the game books in pdf but so far all have been released at the same time as dtf.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »

By tossing in a few goodies a print-only product doesn't seem like a rip off IMO.

I'm not sure that I think it's a rip-off, it just seems like an odd change. Print only isn't really something that has frequently been done by CGL in the past. Sure, there has been staggered release schedules and such, but print only products that never see a PDF version are very much the exception and not the rule over CGL's tenure. After this many years of conditioning myself and the rest of the fan base to have a PDF at some point (and a PDF of the actual print version, one that doesn't lack things found in the print version)...it does seem like a bit of a jarring change. It also feels like a policy shift that is a bit outdated (if it is in fact a policy shift...I have no clue). And total first world problems here, but for me as a PDF only fan, it just grates on me. I can get the Republic units but not the quirk rules (or some sort of rules, as I recall that being mentioned as not likely in the Republic PDF). I've set up my CGL material buying habits based on their historical stance on PDF/print products. It sounds like that stance may be changing, and I don't think that change is for the better. I'm not sure what that means for my future buying habits, outside of the fact that I won't be buying Field Manuals again. I forgot how dry and boring they really are. It's not the fault of the particular book, just the scope of what they have to cover.
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

Ken

• Bethlens' Irregulars
  • Hexare Grenadier
  • Fanjunkare
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2013, 08:14:31 PM »

I have no actual knowledge of the plans for TRO 3145, but I'm guessing the change has to do with a change (or lack of change) in buying habits. It may be the new way things are done or a failure that doesn't continue (see print RS). The forumites can't keep BT afloat so this is probably a way to get the rest of the buyers to buy more.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »

Still no sign of the TRO as a PDF then?

Or any of the PDF exclusives that have been coming soon for several months then?

Or Handbook Kurita? (how many years now?)

Its things like this that will drive people away and kill the game long term.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »

Considering prior post-GenCon lulls and the recent line developer change/restructuring/whatever would be best to call it...it seems about situation normal. Big slam of products during the con build-up, lull afterwards, then a minor blitz towards the holidays.
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:56 PM »

I know its disappointing Six but I have a feeling we are about to see the SL era Field Reports soon.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »

Considering prior post-GenCon lulls and the recent line developer change/restructuring/whatever would be best to call it...it seems about situation normal. Big slam of products during the con build-up, lull afterwards, then a minor blitz towards the holidays.

Yeah, i know, just annoyed me more than normal this time (the whole TRO pdf/dtf thing) and Handbook Kurita still not being out.

I know its disappointing Six but I have a feeling we are about to see the SL era Field Reports soon.

Can't wait, as times gone on I seem to have become more and more interested in that time period.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up