OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quicksilver Upgrades #1: Fire Moth (Dasher) 20 tons [RECONFIGURATION CONTEST]  (Read 27831 times)

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion

The design program made a big deal of it. Basically if you put an ER PPC in the arm you have remove an actuator. Is this a hard rule? If so how big of a deal is this??

I designed your 'Mech as an Omni and the same happened (which now I remember was happening a lot).

For an explanation (or none at all), see https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=61541.0

And for the G, aren't you missing something? It seems a bit light when I retroengineered it to test the actuators.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!

Thanks Ice!

I am leaning to placing the ER PPC in the Right Torso as a 'heavy weapon port' similar to Configuration C. The reasoning would largely be non-rule oriented. It could be the odd arms of the Fire Moth which I don't want to alter their feel. Or the Elemental holds which are integral to the design. Still would like to hear your feedback.

Regarding the underweight concerns Ice after quick calculations, I feel that the MASC isn't really identified as a fixed piece of equipment which could be the apparent missing ton. Gonna try to list it more clearly as FIXED EQUIPMENT on the design. Thank you for pointing it out. 

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion

Thanks Ice!

I am leaning to placing the ER PPC in the Right Torso as a 'heavy weapon port' similar to Configuration C. The reasoning would largely be non-rule oriented. It could be the odd arms of the Fire Moth which I don't want to alter their feel. Or the Elemental holds which are integral to the design. Still would like to hear your feedback.

Regarding the underweight concerns Ice after quick calculations, I feel that the MASC isn't really identified as a fixed piece of equipment which could be the apparent missing ton. Gonna try to list it more clearly as FIXED EQUIPMENT on the design. Thank you for pointing it out.

For the underweight, I had MASC in my test so it must be something else.

The odd arms just sound cooler.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!

For the underweight, I had MASC in my test so it must be something else.

The odd arms just sound cooler.

I'll have to check it later today if I have time and get back to you on the underweight. I'm pretty sure my latest recheck was my spot on calculation wise but who knows I'm getting old.

I do like the visual idea of the ER PPC being mounted on the torso though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up