OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Coronavirus Status  (Read 18761 times)

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
Coronavirus Status
« on: March 17, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »

Figured I'd start a thread here as I know there's a lot of people all over the world on here just wanted to have something to share news amongst us.

As most you know Tak and I both live in NY both are civil servants I am lucky enough where I was deemed nonessential and am off on administrative leave / working from home. I work at a College and its shut down until the end of the month at least for now. Tak was deemed essential and is forced to work through this. Thankfully no one I know yet has gotten the disease but its spreading like wildfire around here. We went from no cases 10 days ago and now NY leads the country. Basically everyone is home and all the stores are nearly sold out of essentials. Thankfully I paid attention to the news and got a large stockpile of stuff well ahead of the rush.

Hope everyone and their loved ones and friends are doing well themselves
NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
Re: Coronavirus Status
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 05:11:59 PM »

I am also working from home but it seems right now that my schedule is getting even busier as we have to organize everything nearly from the ground up while keeping on working.

And so far no one I know is infected.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »

My Province in Saskatchewan, Canada, just declared a SoE.  No infected at or from my school, but sanitizing twice a day EVERYTHING is such a drag.  Supposedly no teachers tomorrow, so I may be in only for drains and roof checks, locking up areas and posting signs reminding them not to go into cleaned areas.

Bradshaw

• General
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »

One of my buddies has to work just to answer the phone and say they are closed. I was like just buy an answering machine and hook it up to repeat the same message. Not even busy work for him to get through the day.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 02:21:41 PM »

I just got sent home yesterday and apparently they are cutting the work force by even more tomorrow. Scary stuff but more time to BattleTech!

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:54:40 PM »

Still full time work in Aberdeen, Scotland, I work in a shopping centre its slowly shutting down last few days theres started to be losses but mine is so far so good they need us to run the place
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 03:47:24 AM »

We are all at home, to protect my wife, and isolated on five acres out of town. We work for government and are working from home.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Abele

• General
  • A Man in a Tin Suit
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 04:01:23 AM »

I expect the governor of Colorado to put us on lockdown during the coming week. Probably as early as Monday night. New cases are going up at about 100 or so per day with the death rate per case at barely over 1% (591 cases, 6 dead). At least we're not doubling new cases everyday. A lockdown will suck as I will be laid off from my job as we are a non-essential business.
The Honor of Men cannot be bound by the words of Fools- Marco Hietala
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Chaos doesn't need a recipe, just a list of ingredients. - Drakensis
Kachi ni Fushigi no Kachi Ari. Make ni Fushigi no Make Nashi
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of Doom™®©

Bradshaw

• General
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »

Yeah from just under 2 weeks ago with nothing ny to now it being dead quiet at least where I live is kinda crazy. I live on a pretty busy state highway and there are hour or so long stretches now with no cars. I haven't left the house in 4 days besides to get cash out of the bank in case of emergency and I've ordered online groceries to be delivered.

My job is closed for spring break and I've heard nothing about whats going to happen when that ends. I feel the press has made this case crazier than it should have in some regards especially considered we just had the H1N1 issue a few years back and no where near as much coverage and fear mongering. My mother is a rather fearless woman in many regards and she's paranoid now because of all the coverage that you can't get away from on TV
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:08:19 AM by Bradshaw »

Abele

• General
  • A Man in a Tin Suit
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 08:45:58 PM »

Colorado is on lockdown effective 6am tomorrow. I'm in a critical industry and will still have to work as I'm essential personnel.
The Honor of Men cannot be bound by the words of Fools- Marco Hietala
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Chaos doesn't need a recipe, just a list of ingredients. - Drakensis
Kachi ni Fushigi no Kachi Ari. Make ni Fushigi no Make Nashi
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of Doom™®©

Bradshaw

• General
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »

Don't know what you do but be safe. My mother is set to retire next year but she's still a school custodian, she was just just notified schools here out till end of the year only has to go in  occasionally like once every two weeks. They rotating the staff as one of the schools is being converted to a day care center for essential staff at hospital and other emergency services. I'm still awaiting word for my job but the rumors are we done as well for the rest of the semester everything online and staff told to work from home.

I used to work in our nursing program here at the College and the former students I still talk to told me today was a very bad day a large increase of cases in our immediate area. Its got me thinking if I get told to work from home rest of semester I'm going upstate to where a large part of family lives less people less people to be around and fight over resources with.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 03:06:19 AM »

I work in a security control centre so was deemed a key worker due to the work we do for the blue light services and transport network and am working normally, my partner is working from home all but one day a week, she's in local government and they are taking it in turns to man the office 1 day a week.

Her sister tested positive for Covid last week but had a mild case and is allowed back to work today.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 02:34:39 PM »

I work in a security control centre so was deemed a key worker due to the work we do for the blue light services and transport network and am working normally,

No specific new work schedule? Protection between two shifts?

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 03:22:25 PM »

I work in a security control centre so was deemed a key worker due to the work we do for the blue light services and transport network and am working normally,

No specific new work schedule? Protection between two shifts?

Social distancing in place, the guys on the 12 hour shifts are still down in the bunker, the rest of us are up in an office that wasn't being used that has about the same area, works well and for the first time in more that 13 years I have a window to look out of.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »

Just completed my second week back at work but we had always been deemed essential personnel. I tested positive for covid antibodies yesterday which just confirmation for me that I had it late March early April.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up