OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A Stitch In Time  (Read 21247 times)

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
Re: A Stitch In Time
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 02:46:23 AM »

Saso, New Syrtis
Capellan March, Federated Suns
4 August 2577

There were new lines on Charles Wexworth’s face. Losing a quarter of his command had marked him, although with desperation rather than despair.

“They’re going to come here,” he said confidently. “Here and Taygeta. The Taurians will want to knock out the command worlds, so we need to deny them the chance to make this an knock-out blow.”

“Does that mean you want to relocate your command post, sir?” asked Daniel Luqmann.

“No, that would be too obvious.” Wexworth looked at the troop pins on the map, as if he hadn’t already committed his deployments to memory. “But we can pull some of the troops off Taygeta. I want to take a page from the Outworlder’s book. The First Royal Division is to send one brigade here and a second – along with all Division level assets and their headquarters – back to Okains where they can act as a reserve.”

“Noted sir. What are the specific orders?”

“The brigades here and on Taygeta are to make use of the subterranean forts that will be least vulnerable to an orbital bombardment. The reports from the Free Worlds League sho the Canopians were willing to target military installations with ortillery, so we must presume the same of the Taurians. If hostiles land then the defenders are to avoid decisive engagement except in defense of secure bases.”

“As General Forlough experienced on Niles with the Outworlds’ Wolf Dragoons regiment?”

“Precisely Luqmann.” The general returned to his desk and called up a diagram of the star system. “Set up a meeting with Admiral Drum and Admiral Smythe please. We’ll need to discuss the options for defending the orbital stations and the yards assuming that it’s practical.”

“Understood sir, I’ll pencil them in for this evening if their schedules permit.”

“Good. Next I want a request to go out with the next couriers to New Avalon and Terra. This is the only theatre of action so far that has seen the use of nuclear weapons so I want them to open up the strategic reserves and send us a thousand each of Class II, III and IV warheads. Have logistics check how we stand for suitable missiles to make use of the and if there’s a deficiency have them made up – no, wait, make sure we have at least two thousand of each.”

“Sir?”

“Think about it, Dan! We know that they have excellent missile defences, do we not? Therefore we need to overwhelm them with numbers. That isn’t financially viable with nuclear weapons but we can seed the missile barrages with conventional missiles. If only there were some way to make those missiles appear to be higher target priorities for their defences.”

“I don’t know about that sir, but I’m sure there must be some company somewhere that would love a contract to develop such a thing.”

“Now that is a good thought. Put together a recommendation and I’ll countersign it.” Wexworth frowned. “Too late to be of much use here, probably, but assuming we’re both here in a year or two, it won’t hurt your chances of promotion to think ahead like that.”

“Nice to think ahead, I suppose.”

“I prefer to think of it as optimism. A thousand years or so ago there was a toast among naval men: ‘A Bloody War or a Sickly Season’ in tribute to their hope for promotions. Well, medicine has come a long way, but we’ve got a bloody war alright and there’s going to be room to rise for those who can give the First Lord victories... just as those who lose battles have a good chance of seeing their careers ended.”

Luqmann frowned. “You don’t think you might be relieved?”

“Right now? I doubt it. But I’m sure if we take another defeat I’ll be removed immediately – to encourage the other commanders. It’s a proven formula, Dan. I can’t even say they’d be wrong in the big picture but, dammit, I don’t mean to let them down again.”

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »

Terra Prime, Apollo
Republic of the Outer Reaches
9 August 2577

Applause, some sincere and some merely self-congratulatory, filled the great hall that had once been throne room to the First Consuls of the Rim Worlds Republic.

Now the gallery that lined one side of the chamber, facing the tall windows, provided seating for the newly selected senators of the equally new Republic. The dais that had once held the throne occupied by Gregory Amaris now supported three chairs for the Consuls who would now hold executive authority within their respective states within the Republic.

“Ladies and gentleman of the Senate.” Rather confidently, Charlotte Grimm, Consul (and Queen) of the Oberon Confederation, had seated herself nearest the senate out of all three of the Consuls. “There has, as we all know, been a shadow over the formation of this Republic. That shadow is one of war. As we now face what must be considered imminent invasion by the Star League, I place before you a motion to elect a Strategos or Strategoi to command the armies of the Republic.”

Hakim Wbika – formerly commander of Republican Navy and now one of the senators for the world of Luanda – rose to his feet. “I move approval of this motion be accepted by acclaimation and that we proceed immediately to nominations. Do I have a second?”

He did.

“Objections?”

Despite some uneasy stirrings, none were offered.

“Thank you, Senator Wbika.” Charlotte inclined her head gracefully towards the gallery. “I would like to submit the name of John bin Bilal, Consul of the Rift Republic, as Strategos for forces responsible for protecting the attacking out of the Tamar Pact.”

The Consul in question, immediately to Charlotte’s right, managed to avoid exploding. He couldn’t refuse without appearing unpatriotic, but had no especial military expertise which meant he’d be completely out of his depth and responsible for any failures. “Thank you, Queen Charlotte,” he said instead. “I would like to also nominate you as the Strategos responsible for defending us from attacks out of Coventry Province.”

“That is very gracious of you, Consul.” Charlotte managed to appear regretful. “Unfortunately as I have just been confirmed as pregnant with my second child, I fear I might be unequal to such an active role. May I suggest instead Colonel Graham, formerly of the Amaris Household Guards, would be an individual of suitable experience?”

“You may,” bin Bilal agreed. Dammit. She’d pushed him offworld, to all practical purposes, meaning government of the new Republic would inevitably be dominated by the other two Consuls.

“All in favour of the proposed Strategoi, please stand.”

An obvious majority rose to their feet and sealed the fate of bin Bilal.

“Congratulations, Strategos.” Charlotte offered her hand to the appalled Consul, who had no choice but to accept it and then shake the hand of Jervis Siever, Consul for the Rim Worlds, who sat on his other side.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 03:11:46 AM »

Oh she's good.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 03:00:27 AM »

And now, before christmas, a musical number:

Unity City, North America
Terra, Terran Hegemony
20 August 2577

There were drums and then a squeal of what Ian recognised from his youth as the sound of an electric guitar riff. It wasn’t something that he’d expected to hear in an official video message from the Periphery.

The image that was displayed showed a simple line of six people, five in military uniforms which he now recognised as representing the Periphery states, the sixth in a simple business suit.

Over this image cut in his own voice, his own words: “We the Lords representative of the Realms of the Human Sphere -”

The preamble to the Articles of the Star League was interrupted by the lone civilian: Jack Calderon, Protector of the Taurian Concordat himself. “Stop pretending that you’ve never been bad. You’re never wrong and you’ve never been dirty.” His words, as much snarl as song, dripped sarcasm: “You’re such a saint. That’s not the way we see you.”

“You want to rule us with an iron hand.” Rachel Calderon-Davion pointed accusingly out towards the viewer, towards Ian. She, at least, could sing well. “You changed the rules and became a butcher. This isn’t Terra, you aren’t our dads and mothers.”

“They never knew anyway,” the blue-clad Savitri Centrella interjected slyly.

Marcus O’Reilly, cloak of imperial purple over the Marian Legions’ uniform, stepped past the two women. “I never walk away from what I know is right. But I’m going to turn my back on you.” And he did, cloak flaring dramatically.

The picture cut to show a plaza filled to bursting with civilians. The centre of one of their capitals? The buildings certainly looked to possess the necessary grandeur. Clearly visible over the crowd were all six Lords standing upon the balcony of one building, clearly addressing the crowd. Placards left no doubt where the sympathies of their audience lay with regard to the Star League: against it.

Overlaid across this, the song went on, all six voices raised in defiant unison. “Freedom, we’re gonna ring the bell! Freedom to rock, freedom to talk! Freedom to raise our fists and yell. Freedom to rock, freedom to talk! Freedom Ring!”

The video cut back to the six leaders, the Canopian leader now taking centre stage. “You’re playing God from your ivory tower. Back off Ian, I don’t care for your preaching. I ain’t no angel but I never felt better.”

She stepped back and allowed the man presumably representing the still almost unknown Tortugan Domain to step up. “We’re a distant future generation. We’re not the serfs you want to make us. You better leave us alone, ‘cause you sure can’t take us.”

Callum Avellar, the last of them to take the stage, moved forwards until he was glaring into the camera up close, the music that had backed the entire video fading back slightly. “No one gets to tell us how live our lives, we’re going to do that on our own.

The refrain came again, but now it wasn’t overcut with the crowd. No, this time the imagery was of a more military nature.

There were ships: big, menacing warships. Aerospace fighters flying in formation in numbers that actually did at times obscure the sun above them. Tanks and blocks of parading infantry. BattleMechs.

Ian Cameron had been a soldier, a Mechwarrior. He recognised some of the ’Mechs but there were also an incredible range of others that he didn’t. Worse: many showed what to him were the obvious tell-tales of the advanced technologies that had – less than a year ago – seemed to suggest that the SLDF would have an overwhelming advantage over the more primitive weapons of the Periphery.

“It’s not exactly the New Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra, is it.” Shandra Noruff-Cameron’s expression suggested darker thoughts than her relatively casual words implied. “I hope they don’t expect a reply in the same vein, because I’m sorry love, neither you nor Ian Marik can carry a tune in a bucket.”

“It’s different,” he told her. “Rather the point, I suspect.”

“Oh?”

“They don’t think the way we do. They don’t see events the same way we do and their reactions to those events may not mirror what we would expect.”

“You mean calling you a butcher, or a would-be tyrant?”

“I’ve been called worse.” Ian’s lips quirked. Much worse, in fact. He had take power rather irregularly after his brother’s assassination, but out of necessity rather than any form of personal ambition. “In a way I’m glad that they’ve channelled their aggression into that singing because the personal letters that each has written are almost reasonable. In tone at least.”

“Personal letters? An interesting term for something that they managed to mail to every news agency in the universe. I think the Dracs aren’t reporting it, but even the Capellans – who certainly could quash the reports – haven’t elected to do so.”

Ian shrugged. “I’m going to consider that a step in the direction of Chancellor Liao allowing something resembling a free press. Something this juicy was going to leak almost immediately anyway, no matter what the Bureau of Star League Affairs did.”

“There’s some interesting analysis in there and I don’t think all of it is the various heads of state regurgitating what they’ve been fed by their staffers. Savitri Centrella’s letter is brutally frank: she actually applauds what she describes as the Star League’s initial mission statement: Albert Marik and I wanting to put an end to the almost permanent fighting on the wars. Of course she then asserts that I’ve lost track of the mission in favour of focusing on my means – the Star League. The post script... well, you’ve read it.”

“’Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity: someone gets screwed.’ Canopians! No doubt it will play well with the newsbites.”

“Yes, but can you imagine some script-writer suggesting to their ruler that they say something like that? They’d never have dared. That has to be something she decided on herself. I wish I had a better record of her personal history, it must be fascinating.”

Shandra smiled wryly. “Turning to a younger woman? I’m heartbroken, love.”

“The interest is entirely platonic, I assure you.” Ian shook his head. “Then we get Rachel Davion’s analysis of how the Periphery campaigns turned out in their history, with comparisons back to the Outer Reaches Rebellion two hundred and fifty years ago.”

“What I wonder there is why she’s spelling out the problems we had in their history.” Shandra Noruff-Cameron had only briefly led the Star League Defense Forces but she had led the Hegemony Armed Forces before that for decades. “That can’t do anything but help us avoid making those same mistakes.”

“Probably she doesn’t intend this war to be anything like that history. After all, according to their history, we win.”

“After, if she’s telling the truth, killing more soldiers and civilians than every other war since the invention of the Kearny-Fuchida drive... combined.”

“True.” That one word cost Ian Cameron more than he would have believed possible when he was ‘just’ a senior general. “Unfortunately there is also the letter of Jack Calderon.”

Ah yes.

That letter took pride of place. It laid out the situation in stark terms: the Pollux Proclaimation had linked the Star League inextricably to the policy of forcing the Periphery in compliance with the League’s government. Therefore either the Periphery submitted, which they had elected not to do, or the Star League must be destroyed.

The letter finished with an ultimatum: if the Star League disbanded of its own free will then the independent states of the periphery would be delighted to sign binding peace treaties with the various member states. The Protector had not felt it necessary to spell out the alternative.

House of Government, Atreus
Marik Commonwealth, Free Worlds League
25 August 2577

It was exactly three months to the day since Jacquelynn Ortega had briefed Parliament on the Magistracy of Canopus, to which she had been ambassador since 3025. Since that time she’d been being debriefed by the National Intelligence Agency on an astonishing range of topics, ranging from the history of the Succession Wars to the brands of food she had purchased when she was a student on Aitutaki in her late teens.

There was no surprise that on being summoned to see the new Captain-General there was a FWLN officer in the antechamber of the subterranean command centre beneath the League’s centre of government.

But finding that she knew the officer in question was a surprise. “Captain Jones?”

Grace Jones of FWLS Harpy rose from her chair (institutional, thinly padded and generic) to look at her. “Ma’am?”

“Ambassador Ortega. We met three years ago when the Harpy was representing the League at the Canopian Naval Review.”

Jones nodded, recognition dawning. “Of course, now I remember. I’d be surprised the Canopians hadn’t interned you if I wasn’t still astonished that Marcus O’Reilly let me leave with the Harpy.”

It was impossible for Ortega not to whistle softly at that revelation. “That’s unbelievable, surely he would have to know that he’s ceding much of his technological advantage by doing so.”

“God bless that old Roman sense of honour,” the Captain said. “Although maybe it’s just his cruel streak: it’s killing me to see the Harpy opened up by what passes for dockworkers in this era.”

Ortega shook her head. “It’s not long since that they were pirates. Hard to think that he’s representative of them all.”

The door opened and an aide looked out. “Captain Jones, Ambassador Ortega, the Captain-General will see you now.”

Inside, Ian Marik sat behind a towering desk and motioned the two women towards seats facing him. “Tea, coffee?” When both declined, he waved off the steward who was attending on him with a small tea trolley and also the aide.

“Thank you for both coming,” he said, as if they’d had any reasonable alternative to accepting their respective summons. “I’d like your opinion of the Star League’s proposed strategy over the next year.” Ian pushed folders across the desk to them, each clearly only containing a few sheets of paper. “Obviously, this is highly classified.”

Ortega skimmed the documents and then went back over few points she felt needed more scrutiny while Jones apparently preferred to read the entire document steadily. Of course, as a military officer, some of the terminology probably was more familiar to her, the diplomat thought.

“There are a couple of things that stand out, sir,” Jones began. “Firstly, it assumes a degree of passivity on the part of the Canopians. My own experience is that the Magestrix feels warfare is better practised on worlds outside her own domain. The business on Tellman’s World is an excellent example.”

“Do you agree, Ambassador?”

“I do, sir. The Magestrix is extremely protective of her industries and civilian population. She will not want any confrontation to take place inside the Magistracy or the Duchy of Andurien.”

“I was afraid you’d say that. And the Marians?”

“Hard to guess, but my suspicion is that they will be looking to use the Rim Worlds to tie up Star League resources. Expect that campaign to be rather harder than this anticipates. It was the second longest-fought theatre in the Reunification War.”

“Damn. Is there any chance that we can convince them to side with us,” Ian asked. “We were allies in the thirty-first century, after all.”

Ortega frowned. “I wouldn’t rule it out but you’d have to make a very solid offer.”

“So you don’t think he could be convinced to join the Free Worlds League as another province?” Ian asked. “Because perhaps I’m guilty of some over-optimism, but allowing the Harpy to come home to us... even without some of her databanks...”

“That probably is over-optimistic, sir.” Jones leant forwards, ignoring the comment on the paucity of electronic records the Harpy had provided about the Marians. “I don’t think you quite appreciate how unpopular the Star League is in the Periphery. I wouldn’t have entirely ruled out the possibility of an eventual merger in the thirty-first century but that was really extraordinary given that it was based on Kristen Marik establishing a close relationship despite the Caesar having killed her half-brother Thomas back in ’25.”

“So what do you recommend then, Captain?”

“Honestly sir? Play the diplomatic game and hope like hell that the Lucies and the Crappies get themselves carved up.”

“Am I detecting a bit of aggression towards our allies in the Star League?” asked the Captain-General.

She held up two fingers, one on each hand. “Perhaps just a smidgen, sir. We have history.”

“Part of that history is that right now, we’re allies. Try to keep that in mind.”

“Sir, I’m going to be straight up: with an ally like Viola Steiner-Dinessen you don’t need enemies.”

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2011, 04:26:10 AM »

The Triad, Tharkad City
Tharkad, Lyran Commonwealth
29 August 2577

“This is ridiculous,” Henry Gram protested as he was dragged physically from his office. “I am the Speaker of the Estates-General. You can’t arrest me on trumped-up charges of some crime that you yourself say I wouldn’t even commit for years.”

Viola Steiner-Dinessen gestured sharply. “The Estates-General have only the power that I grant it.”

“This is not justice, this is tyranny!”

“Think yourself grateful – according to our information on these events I crushed you under the foot of my Warhammer. That remains an option.” The Archon nodded to the guards. “Take him away.”

“He has a point though.” The Archon’s husband, Robert Dinesen, had been silent witness to the arrest. “Putting him on trial for crimes he hasn’t committed yet sets a worrying precedent that his supporters in the Estates-General will rally against.”

“They won’t have the chance.” Viola turned on her heel and started walking back towards the Royal Apartments. “The same historical information that that LIC recovered from that thirty-first century trading vessel showed me that the Estates General cannot be entrusted with the well-being of the Lyran Commonwealth. They would actually seek it’s very dissolution during Kevin’s reign.”

Robert fell in step alongside her. “That’s true, but whether we like it or not, they are seen as the voice of the common Lyran.”

“What does the common Lyran know?” She shook her blonde head. “I will put my trust in faithful nobles such as yourself long before I trust that chiselling pack of merchants.”

“That still leaves the question of who will govern the Commonwealth while you’re commanding the fighting in the Rim Worlds. At the risk of sounding self-aggrandising, Kevin isn’t ready for the responsibility.”

“I know. Fortunately learning of the future permits that I may learn from my own future mistakes. Duke Kelswa and Duke Lestrade will no doubt learn of -” She paused. “Of the errors that I would make. By appointing them alongside Kevin as a triumvirate of regents in my absence, I will show them that I will place more trust in them than I did then.”

It was hard for Robert to hide his disappointment at not being included among the regents. “I’m sure it will give Kevin the chance to learn from both of them.”

“And from you as well. Please advise him well, Robert. This is his chance to make a good impression on the leadership of the Commonwealth.”

“Of course.” He looked out the window. “I’d like to go with you as far as Coventry though. I have responsibilities there that could benefit from some personal attention and it’ll let him get his feet wet without his old man looking over his shoulder.”

“If you think it would be best. I’m not leaving immediately – it’s probably best not to take regiments of the Skye Rangers or the Tamar Tigers so the LCAF is shuffling deployments. It will be at least a month before the replacement regiments will be ready to leave.”

“That might undercut the gesture of offering trust to Kelswa and Lestrade, don’t you think? Who have you picked instead?”

“The Nineteenth Arcturan Guards and Fifteenth Lyran Guards.” Viola touched his arm. “Don’t worry so, Robert. They’ll understand that I want their regiments on hand to protect Kevin if need be.”

“If you think best,” Robert agreed, but silently he was less sanguine. Arresting Gram and disbanding the Estates-General would send shockwaves through the Lyran establishment and it was politicians like the Speaker who would be the greatest threat to their family in the future, not military forces.

I’ll need to bring some Dinesens back with me from Coventry, he thought. I’ll need family I can rely on to protect my children, rather than their Steiner cousins, all of whom have their own eyes on the throne.

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »

All of a sudden i get the feeling there might be a civil war comming up in the not to distent future.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2011, 03:20:13 AM »

New Syrtis System
11 October 2577

It wasn’t the first time that the Taurian Concordat Navy had entered this star-system in full battle array. That occasion – three years ago, or four hundred and fifty-two years from now depending on how it was counted – had been a scheduled wargame, pitting the First (Hyades) Fleet of the TCN against the Second Fleet of the Federated Suns Navy.

That exercise had been a success for the Taurians and a black eye for Arch-Duke Nathaniel Hasek.

This time it was in deadly earnest.

The first move was the same that they had used before: operating in pairs, New Vandenberg-class corvettes appeared at six pirate points around the system, taking advantage of detailed mapping carried out by the SLDF in this era and still on record in archives that had survived the centuries that followed.

Since the SLDF did not know of that exercise, they did not follow the FSN strategy (nor would they have done given the records, given it had failed) but instead had improvised and adapted. The pirate points nearest to New Syrtis including all five in its own orbit or that of its moon, were defended by satellites rigged with racks of missiles little different from those that had been used by the TCN at Estuan.

Still orientating themselves from the jump, the anti-missile defences of the corvettes did their best... and it was a very good best indeed. Even in this case they averaged ninety percent success in the three instances where they were attacked.

Unfortunately, with nuclear weapons, ninety percent isn’t good enough.

Each satellite had automatically targeted the nearest corvette and that had been the death of TCS Weippe and TCS Armington. Corvettes were simply too small to survive a direct hit. TCS Jamestown had been luckier, the hit burning away a swathe of armour along one flank, but causing relatively little internal damage. She could still move and, if absolutely necessary, fight.

That was something that was proven immediately as the crews of the four surviving corvettes in each of the three small battlegrounds brought weapons to bear and destroyed the satellites, regardless of the fact that all had expended their complete onboard armament in that brief orgy of destruction.

Then, confident of their security, the surviving eight ships grimly set about identifying and reporting every man-made structure, mobile or otherwise, that their sensors could pick up around the system.

First blood had gone to the Star League, but the Taurian mission was information and they owed it to their dead to ensure that that mission was a success.

“It feels odd to leave their scouts untouched.” Wexworth’s current point of view lacked the view of his office, but there was no shortage of holographic displays to reveal the situation in space, and in compensation the command centre was several hundred metres below the surface of New Syrtis, rendering it relatively proof against bombardment.

“There’s no point, if we send anything out they can just call their main force in – and with the ships there, jumping at the same points would be far too dangerous.” Admiral Drum shook his head. “We’d be letting them lure into another trap. Let’s let them pull away from the pirate point before we move.”

“How much can they see?”

“From those locations? The entirety of New Syrtis’ orbit, multiple angles on the shipyards... most of the interesting bits of the system. They’ve got excellent navigational data.”

Wexworth nodded. “Not surprising. What now?”

“Now?” Drum shrugged. “Their move. Probably move a force in at one of the near jump-points that they know has already been cleared of threats. We can send a message to one of the jumpships lurking out-system if you want, but there’s not much point. A few corvettes, even loaded up with nuclear weapons, don’t pose a direct threat to the system.”

Wexworth had been careful not to keep too many warships in the system. A few dropships and jumpships of the Federated Suns Navy remained, the bare handful that the general had been unable to convince Duke Halverson to despatch for the Crucis March, now another potential theatre of combat. There were also a handful of Star League destroyers, mostly stationed at the warship yards where work crews had been hastily attempting to refit them with defences against missile attacks.

Otherwise the only traffic was the usual commercial shipping found near any industrial system and lying quietly in remote corners of the system, a handful of stealthy courier jumpships were waiting to communicate with the rest of universe. Only a new arrival would be obvious to the corvettes.

“How long do you think it will be?”

Drum shook his head. “Hard to say. But if they take too long then they might get suspicious about the traffic patterns. Let’s hope they whoever they answer to isn’t a patient man.”

Light years away, Benoit Cyscoe – commander of the Taurian Third Fleet – wouldn’t have catagorised himself as being impatient. But he was on a schedule, which could easily amount to the same thing.

“No major forces there. They could very well be playing the same game as Hasek did.”

He hadn’t been a participant in that exercise but it had been well-reported how the Arch-Duke had held his own forces a jump away, emerging from the same pirate point that First Fleet had used, right to their rear and savaging the Taurian rear-guard before being overwhelmed.

“That is possible, sir, although it would be quite a coincidence.” Eric Hickmann, the Admiral’s aide, had served on that exercise although he hadn’t much enjoyed it much since the dropship he’d commanded had been ruled destroyed trying to screen a carrier.

Cyscoe steepled his fingers. “Or of course they may simply not have serious forces here. No one can be strong everywhere. We’ll proceed with operation plan Murat Three, T-Time as twenty-one hundred hours today.”

“Understood sir.” Hickmann activated a microphone. “All ships, message from flag. Operation Murat Three is live, counting from T-Time as twenty-one hundred, I repeat twenty-one hundred, this day.”

Around them, dozens of warships confirmed readiness to jump from their respective locations to others within the New Syrtis star system. They had been ready for hours but now, with less than twenty minutes to go, there was a rush of NCOs and junior officers making sure again.

And then, in a rush of radiation, cutters began jumping out, heading for their destinations.

On New Syrtis, the first warning was the corvettes moving out of the pirate points.

“All of them?”

Drum nodded. “Making room for arrivals, but unless they’re spreading out a lot, most are just acting as decoys. I suspect we’ll see one or maybe two points being using, the rest is just to keep us guessing in case we have something clever planned.”

They watched the icons move fractionally on the master display until new ones began appearing. “Jump signatures, sir. Ships, lots of them.”

“Two of them.” Drum glanced dismissively at the ships appearing at the Zenith jump point near the smaller of the two shipyards before focusing on the L3 point. “Permission to be clever, sir.”

“Permission granted.”

“Initiate Operation Hatchet.”

Wexworth deliberately did not look at the effects of that order upon the Star League forces. Instead he looked at the developing threat assessments of the ships arriving. The lighter cutters were followed by larger ships – frigates and cruisers for the most part. It was already plain that main force was arriving at L3 with a decidedly secondary element emerging at the Zenith point.

“General, you have a call from Admiral Smythe.”

Looking up, he saw member of the communications staff holding a handset. Accepting it, Wexworth answered: “This is Wexworth.”

“General, this is Harry Smythe. I have been ordered to engage the Taurian fleet.”

It took a moment for the meaning of the remark to sink in and then Wexworth’s eyes darted to the display of ships and stations around New Syrtis. In addition to the unfolding of Operation Hatchet, he could see nine Leopard CV dropships beginning to accelerate towards the L3 pirate point. “Admiral, I’ve given no such order.”

“I haven’t received the orders from your side of the chain of command.”

Halverson! That damn inbred cretin! “Harry, you don’t have a chance in hell. This is suicide.”

Harry’s voice was strained. “I have my orders, sir. My fighters are carrying nukes, so we might land a punch or two.” Unspoken was the fact that after that, the entire FSN force would be destroyed. “We’re going to try to mask Hatchet for you, as much as we can. Might improve the odds a bit.”

The hell of it was, Wexworth could see how it would help. A forlorn hope of fighters would attract a lot of attention from the unfolding of the Hatchet. But, almost to Wexworth’s surprise, the loss of the fighters and their pilots, not to mention the support crews and carrier dropships was not something he felt that that advantage merited.

“Look, Harry, hold off. Just cut your ships’ thrust while I contact the Duke. I’ll talk him around.”

“Charles, I don’t claim to know how it is in the Star League Defense Force, but in the Federated Suns Navy orders from a senior officer are obeyed by their juniors and my orders do not give me latitude. Besides which, if you think the Duke can be dissuaded by anything you or I say then I have to wonder how you’ve managed to spend a year on New Syrtis without meeting him.”

Wexworth couldn’t help but smile ruefully. He had met the Duke of New Syrtis. Jasper Halverson could be diplomatically described as determined. Less politely, the words ‘stubborn’ and ‘bloodyminded’ came to mind.

His jaw worked as he tried to force himself to say ‘good luck’.

Smythe seemed to understand. “Quite. See you on the other side, Charles. Don’t feel you have to rush.”

The line went dead abruptly. Wexworth couldn’t help but feel that it was a bad omen.

Vhen

• Menig
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2011, 07:22:06 AM »

First...

All the other L Points other then L1 are not valid jump-points.

Two... shouldn't they be a tad more surprised.. given that to their knowledge... the ships would have to jump out again to send the nav coordinates for ALL the ships?

Shadow_Wraith

• Lojtnant
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »

:)  Hope to read more before the New Year!  Keep up the writing!

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »

Vhen:

L1 points are stable jump points, if harder to calculate for. The other Lagrange points tend to be transient but can be used if your numbers are spot on. And the uptimers have a much larger body of records to work from when it comes to that.
Edit: hmm, re-read that part. I'm wrong, you're right.
Rewriting would be... rather tricky at this stage. It's not the only time I've used other L points. I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks for the catch.

And it's come up before: the existence of HPGs has leaked to the Star League. More precisely, the Periphery states have concluded that it has. See the discussion following Marcus advising the other Lords that he let the Hydra leave.

Shadow Wraith:

I intend to continue daily posts.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:54:10 AM by drakensis »

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2011, 03:01:47 AM »

New Syrtis System
12 October 2577

The Federated Suns Centurion aerospace fighters didn’t manage to get into firing range of the main Taurian force.

That wasn’t to say that they didn’t manage to get their strikes in. In Cyscoe’s opinion the fighters were being expended by a commander who didn’t or wouldn’t grasp the futility of the gesture. So he gave them the respect due a foe: sending a mixed group of nine cutters and corvettes forward to clear them aside. Those ships alone carried three times the number of Federated Suns aerospace fighters, and their loads were skewed towards Tigers that laughed at the lasers of the Centurions and danced around the nuclear missiles, picking them apart with arrogant ease.

Then one Tiger disintegrated into splinters as a fast moving kinetic projectile, made specifically of radar-absorbant materials, smashed through it at thousands of kilometres per hour.

The others scattered, giving the Centurions a brief opening. Two of them managed to dart ahead, daring the other kinetic projectiles that had been propelled onto this vector by freight dropships commandeered for the exact purpose of Operation Hatchet. TCS Pericles, busy raking apart the dropship FCS Sparrow with capital lasers turned its secondary guns upon the fighters and the general approach of the kinetic killers, sending sparks flying off the latter and shredding the former.

But not before at least one of the pair fired off a missile tipped with a single Class II warhead. Sheer luck – the Pericles missile defences being focused for the most part in hammering at the almost invisible kinetic strikes as it fired its thrusters to evade the lethal cloud – allowed the missile to make contact and the five kiloton nuclear explosion shattered its port flank, along with most of the armament across one side.

That was the extent of the damage though and the Pericles rolled gracefully to make use of the undamaged turrets along the starboard side of the cutter as it clawed away from the threat. The little cutter made it clear, but the corvette TCS Carmichael was less fortunate, having been closer to the centre of the attack pattern and were a hair too slow. Warship armour was tough, but the engines had to be exposed and a hundred ton mass, even with a glancing hit, could do considerable damage. Carmichael limped away, struggling to slow down so she could regroup with the rest of the little force.

Far behind them, the main Taurian force, already moving out of the L3 pirate point and turning towards the L4 location, where the relatively neutral gravitational pulls had been exploited to build the primary New Syrtis shipyards, altered course slightly to avoid intersecting the still distant weapons.

A secondary plot displayed an overview of all of Third Fleet’s operations but Cyscoe wasn’t paying more than occasional attention to it.

One of his carrier groups and it’s reinforced screening elements were operating at the zenith jump point, but they might as well have been in another star system entirely for all he could do influence events there. How that operation turned out was in the hands of the local commander.

Similarly, though he had a paternal interest, the tiny group of escorts supporting his cripples and recovering ejected pilots of both sides from the brief clash the previous night was in no need of his micro-management.

“It’s time,” he ordered quietly and watched darkly as his formation split again. Division of forces, opening himself to defeat in detail if the Star League had a major force in readiness.

But somehow he didn’t think that they did.

While the core of his force remained in a distinct orbit clear of any immediate threat but ready to respond to an attack on any of its subordinate formations, task groups broke off. One was escorting the transports of the Special Asteroid Support Force as they prepared to take control of the shipyards. The second was moving into a much closer orbit of New Syrtis, in not so veiled promise of what was to come.

“Open up one of the SLDF frequencies,” he ordered. “Record me and then transmit what I say in the clear.”

“You’re live sir.”

Cyscoe eyed the microphone as if it was a poisonous serpent and then squared his soldiers. “This is the commander of the Taurian Second Fleet to the local SLDF commander. Sir, my fleet now controls the orbitals of New Syrtis. My orders do not require me to take any action with regard to the surface of New Syrtis or to armed forces located upon it.”

“Notwithstanding this fact, should my forces come under attack by dropships or other aerospace assets launched from the surface then I will order without hesitation that any facility operated by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and the Star League Defence Force that are not protected under the Ares Conventions by proximity to a concentration of civilian population will be destroyed utterly. Any breach of the Ares Conventions as specified in 2412 will be met with similar retaliation at my discretion. So long as these circumstances are met, no one on the surface need consider themselves under threat by the Taurian Concordat.”

A nod to the communications officer and the channel was closed. “We’ll see what that provokes,” he mused, watching the ships seem to crawl as they moved towards their destinations.

Minutes passed without response and then tens of minutes. It was almost an hour later, with the two task forces more than half-way to their destinations when the communications officer reported: “Sir we’ve got a signal from the planet. Same channel as before but using one of the old codes.”

“Pipe it through.”

There was a crackle and then a voice with the slight accent of someone who’d been raised to speak anglo-french alongside standard English. “This is Jasper Halverson, Duke of New Syrtis. I hope you’re happy, you Taurian batard. We’ve got everything short of riots jamming the roads around anything that looks strategic much less military. What are you going to do next, steal the population’s dogs?”

Cyscoe gestured to the officer. “Put me back on.”

“In the clear?”

“Oh yes.” He leant over the microphone. “Well Duke Halverson, it seems to me that since they would only be under threat if you were callously disregard their safety and launch an attack from New Syrtis upon us. We both know that such an attack would accomplish nothing except to satisfy your wounded pride. If your citizens believe that you are likely to put them at risk for the sake of that, then you, sir, have larger problems than my presence.”

The admiral closed the connection with a certain satisfaction.

“Sir, another message.”

“A reply? I must be losing my touch. Surely he’s not calm enough to speak clearly already.”

“It’s a different point of origin, sir. The speaker identifies himself as General Wexworth.”

“Well put him through.”

Unlike the previous message, this came with a video signal as well and Cyscoe saw a face familiar to him from historical records. “I presume that you are the commander of the Taurian forces in this system, sir.”

“I am sir. And you would be General Wexworth.”

“That is correct Admiral. I see that I have a measure of fame. Of a sort, anyway.”

“What can I do for you today, General?”

“I am simply calling to advise you that earlier today I had cause to station SLDF soldiers at all military bases currently active on New Syrtis. Those soldiers now have orders to ensure that no material attacks are launched from those bases. Unless you land troops upon New Syrtis or in some manner contravene the same Ares Conventions that you have cited to me, I will not amend those orders.”

“You understand that this will not apply to forces elsewhere in the system? And that I will continue to exercise control of those forces from my command post here?”

“General, your terms are accepted,” Cyscoe said tersely.

There was an awkward silence and then the video channel cut off abruptly. Cyscoe nodded thoughtfully to himself. “Cornet, advise Commodores Das and Starr that they should expect resistance at the shipyards.”

The report from Commodore Starr was not a welcome one.

“No active resistance, sir. No one there at all, so far as I can tell. A pair of shuttles made it to a jumpship before we entered weapons range and then the ship jumped away. Of course they left a lot of passive problems – computer cores gone, critical control links severed, a veritable minefield of booby traps. It’ll take days just to clear it and weeks to make repairs – for that matter, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the structural members are compromised.”

“So the whole yard’s worthless?” While the jumpship yards were not the most valuable part of New Syrtis’ orbital infrastructure, they were pretty high up the list.

When the transmission reached his location and then returned to Cyscoe, moments later, Starr’s image on the screen shrugged. “Repairs are certainly possible, sir, but without a map of every bit of sabotage, it’ll take a long time.”

“And no doubt such a list is on New Syrtis right now so they can put it back in operation as soon as we go. Of course, that assumes we don’t stay...”

On the screen, still live while Starr waited for the reply to reach him, the Commodore jerked his face away from the camera. No longer directed at the microphone, his voice was indistinct but Cyscoe was sure he heard the words ‘point defense’.”

“Fight your battle, Commodore,” the Admiral said and then cut off the transmission. No use jogging Starr’s elbow when he had a crisis on his hands. Instead he gave his other areas of activity a quick look on the tactical plot and only then moved over to look over the shoulder of the senor operators for that arc of the sky.

“Sir, multiple nuclear detonations at the zenith jump point.”

Cyscoe took a deep breath and went back to his chair, straightening his jacket. “Record a message for transmission. Don’t send it yet, just hold it ready.”

“Aye sir.”

“This Admiral Benoit Cyscoe of the Taurian Concordat Navy. The ships under my command will shortly destroy any military or industrial facility in this system that is more than seventy-five thousand kilometres from the surface of New Syrtis. In the interests of avoiding any unnecessary loss of life, I strongly advise that when my ships arrive that anyone aboard those facilities take the opportunity to be somewhere else.”

The communications officer waited a moment to make sure that that was all and then closed the file. “On record sir, ready to send whenever you want.” He checked his console. “Commodore Starr is reporting in.”

“Put him on.”

The screen lit up and the grim face of Commodore Starr appeared. “Admiral, I regret to advise you that several cargo containers at the shipyards contained improvised one-shot launchers for Alamo missiles. The shuttles carrying the second wave of assault troops and combat engineers have taken heavy casualties. Regrettably, two ships returned fire.”

If Cyscoe’s dark skin could have paled noticeably then it would have. There were over two thousand SASF and naval engineers attached to Starr’s force. He didn’t want to contemplate what ‘heavy casualties’ meant when applied to those men and women in lightly armoured shuttles that lacked military point defense.

“The first wave, already aboard the shipyards, have taken an as yet undetermined number of a casualties. The yards have no lost structural integrity. It is my intention to evacuate all survivors and I request permission to then destroy the yards which now pose a navigational hazard.”

Cyscoe leant forwards. “Commodore, you have permission to destroy the yards. I anticipate a full report from the crews responsible for this friendly fire incident.”

Then he turned to the communications officer. “That signal I just recorded, send it out on the emergency channels. On repeat until I tell you otherwise.”

The sight of Star League Navy destroyers departing docks at the L4 warship yards before the Taurian task force arrived was not a satisfying one. Yes, the Star League’s military was running. But they weren’t running scared. They’d make it away via the pirate point and fight another day.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2011, 04:59:32 AM »

Helbrent
Rim Worlds Republic
19 October 2577

The Sixth Amaris Legionnaires had marched through the cold desert night to avoid stressing the heatsinks of their BattleMechs but this meant that they would be forced to fight under the sun now. Major Janalynn Pajitnov happened to think that that was foolishness, but Colonel Mion was intent on reaching the enemy before they could move too far from their dropships and so Janalynn was slowly baking inside the cockpit of her Taurian-import Talos.

Hipparch tanks of the cavalry squadrons ranged out ahead of the three columns of infantry carriers – trucks essentially – and the BattleMechs escorting them. The cavalrymen had been sent out with the expectation that they would find trouble and it was no surprise that they succeeded.

“Mechanical noises picked up ahead. Distance perhaps fourteen kilometres from you, dead ahead.”

Janalynn checked who was speaking. “Confirmed Outrider Four. Check it out.” Then she switched to the command channel. “Legion Six. Possible contact reported, estimated fourteen kilometres ahead of my column. I request permission to take battle formation.”

“Negative, Legion Two. Permission is denied until contact with the enemy is confirmed.”

“Six, I don’t have any Marsdens with me so we can change formation without slowing. Staying in column could easily have my ‘Mechs chopped apart like a sausage.” Even the eight Talos in her own company could outpace the heavy tanks in the other two battalions that were setting the pace for the entire regiment. The lances of Phoenixs in Baker and Charlie companies were even faster.

“Negative, I repeat, negative. Just obey orders, Tagmatarchis.”

Tagmatarchis, her actual rank rather than the English equivalent commonly used. These days it was more closely associated with the RRA. Janalynn had been part of the RRA until it was banned. Even quitting at that point hadn’t erased the stigma from her record. She cut the channel back to the recon screen. “Outriders, what have you got for us?”

“Getting closer, ma’am. Magscan says we’re looking at a lot of tonnage there could be a whole regi-” The report cut off abruptly.

“Outrider. Outrider!” Janalynn grit her teeth. “Outrider Five, check on Outrider Four. Be aware he may be under fire.” She examined the terrain ahead and then switched to battalion command. “Take up battle formation. Infantry prepare to take up position on the valley sides.”

With smooth efficiency the sixteen Battlemechs under her command fanned out into a double line, trucks moving up behind them. At some point in the geologically remote past, a glacier had carved out a valley through what was now desert mountains, creating an obvious route through them. If it had been better placed with regard to the major settlements, no doubt there would be a road here.

“Legion Two, this is Outrider Five. We have smoke and... under fire, multiple hostile ‘Mechs! Five, I repeat five, BattleMechs. Magscan says this is just a vanguard.”

“Give me an estimate, Outrider.”

“Looks like a battalion to me, Legion. They’re too hot to handle, I’ve gotta get clear.”

“Do it, Outrider.” Janalynn punched the button to change channel. “Six, this is Legion Two. My scouts are under fire from an estimated battalion. I‘m moving to secure the mouth of the Lysander valley.”

To his credit, Mion didn’t question her this time. “Confirmed, Legion Two. I’m bringing my battalion to back you up. Third Battalion will take a side valley and try to outflank them.”

It took almost a quarter of an hour for the invaders to arrive, which was good because Mion managed to get there in less than ten minutes, bringing with him eight more Talos and sixteen Lyran-built heavy tanks, along with additional infantry platoons and the regiment’s tracked missile launcher vehicles.

The first sight of the invaders did not inspire confidence in the Sixth Legionnaire’s ability to withstand them. For a start there were rather more than a battalion of them.

For another, their force appeared to be entirely made up of BattleMechs.

The enemy ‘Mechs were moving strangely – two thunderous steps and then a little skip that brought both feet down together. There must have been almost a hundred of them, although such a motley of designs that Janalynn for a moment thought that each was unique before realised that they apparently mixed different designs in each lance. The warbook picked out mostly Terran designs – Wasps, Griffins and Mackies but also several of the Toro design that the Taurian Concordat had refused to export to the Rim Worlds. There were other designs that she couldn’t identify, such as a great skull-headed powerhouse that led the centre of their line.

Nonetheless they moved in terrifying unison and each little sequence of steps brought them ten metres closer.

And then, from the external speakers, the leaders seemed to sing out. Rationally, she knew that it was the mechwarriors inside doing the singing. Irrationally, it seemed as if heavy-footed choir of metal giants was charging at her battalion, singing:

“Buddy you’re boy make a big noise. Playin’ in the street, gonna be a big man some day. You got mud on your face, you big disgrace. Kicking your can all over the place. Sing it!”

Like thunder, amplified to what must have been their maximum volume to be heard over the footsteps of their ‘Mechs, the entire legion roared out:

“WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU.”

“WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU.”

And then they opened fire on the Rim Worlds ‘Mechs.

The rocky ground of the valley didn’t give much cover and what little there was had been occupied by the tanks, which needed to protect their vulnerable tracks. As a result, the out-numbered Talos and Phoenixs were exposed to withering fire as they tried to fight back.

For Janalynn the relative satisfaction of seeing her long range missiles peeling armour off the arm of a Wasp was more than counterbalanced by the pair of Griffins that it was apparently scouting for tearing gaping holes in her defences with their PPCs before peppering her with their own LRMs. The armour diagram on her status monitor made it clear that another combined salvo could easily penetrate and her right torso, with two cavernous ammunition bins, was looking particularly vulnerable.

The Major turned her Talos to screen the damaged flank, bringing the right arm autocannon around to fire, not at the Griffins but at the Wasp. With the smaller ‘Mech already damaged, it was possible that the powerful cannon could cripple it immediately. Unless the invaders were whittled down quickly, it was unlikely that Third Battalion could arrive in time to turn the tide – besides, with the temperatures outside rising, the Griffins would probably have to let their machines cool before they could fire their PPCs again.

She was half-right. Either the autocannon shells or the pattern of SRMS she sent after it – the burning heat inside her cockpit seeming to suck the air from her lungs – found something critical inside Wasp, which toppled onto the ground and did not rise. It wasn’t alone though: the Griffins had continued to fire their full arsenal into Janalynn’s Talos and the battered ‘Mech fell onto its damaged side as the sheer brutal pounding tore away entire tons of protection from it.

Janalynn closed her eyes as she felt the balance reach tipping point. Ejecting in mid-fall would be risky at best, but if the fall set off the ammunition in the chest of the Talos...

Blackness.

When Janalynn opened her eyes, she had to blink away blood that covered her face. The straps restraining her to the command couch must have snapped because she was lying on the side of her cockpit. The fact she wasn’t blasted to bits made it clear that the ammunition bins were intact, although if the battle was still raging then that might not last.

A quick look around made it clear that she wasn’t going to be standing the ‘Mech up again, even if she was desperate enough to make the attempt without proper restraints. The armour around the cockpit was visibly deformed and although the fusion reactor was still humming audibly, virtually none of the controls were lit up.

With a groan Janalynn wrestled the remains of the restraints away. While none of her bones appeared broken, her body was advising her rather bluntly of a considerable amount of bruising. Climbing out would not be fun, unless she could get the hatch open.

She was about to get to work on that when a thump betrayed that something had just landed on top of the fallen Talos. A moment later two metal claws punched through the hatch and tried to yank it out. Janalynn yelped – not screamed, she was a military officer and definitely not a screamer – and pressed herself against the floor, which was now the opposite wall.

“Centurion!” a male voice shouted from above. “Sounds like we’ve got a live one.” There was a clang on the hatch, as if someone had banged on it with a wrench. “Hey, rescue crew’s here. Are you hurt?”

Janalynn glanced out of the canopy but could not make out who might be there. “Nothing serious. Who are you?”

“Like I said, rescue crew.” The voice paused. “From your perspective, I guess I’m on the wrong side. Do you surrender or do I have to... well, you know.”

“Are you asking for surrender under the terms set out in the Ares Convention?” she called back, looking for the survival pack built into her ejection seat. There should be a knife in there. No gun though. Janalynn made a mental note to keep one with her in the cockpit in the future, assuming she ever got the chance again.

“As long as you’re surrendering according to those conventions, sure.”

“Good enough for me. Are you going to keep vandalising the hatch or can I try undogging it?”

There was a laugh. “Ladies first.”

Wincing, Janalynn moved forward and started turning the handle for the manual controls – somehow, she didn’t think that the powered controls would work. One of the four bolts had apparently been sheared away at some point – probably by whatever those claws were – because it popped free immediately but with some effort, she was unable to unlock the other three.

At that point, of course, the hatch proceeded to stick. “It’s not locked, but I think it’s jammed.”

“Okay, I’ve got this one.” Janalynn stood back a little and watched as the claws were jammed through again and then dragged the hatch clear.

Blinking away tears as the bright desert sun entered the cockpit, unfiltered by the darkened canopy glass, it took her a moment to realise the mechanised nature of her rescuer. “What the hell... are you a robot?”

“Nope.” The metal-clad man banged one clawed gauntlet against his chest. “This is battle armour. Welcome to the warfare of the thirty-first century.”

Vhen

• Menig
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

Centurion?

Marians?

SSJGohan3972

• Sergeant
  • We are the Wolves War is our Element
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »

Battle Armor? they were still pre-Clan Invasion before the time jump right?

Awesome story though, I am interested why the RRA can get the newer Talos but not the older Toro from the TC and why overheating is an issue in the Talos (it's actually quite a heat efficient Mech, especially for level 1 tech)

These things don't take away from the story however, very nice. I especially enjoy that the periphery is keeping with the Ares Convention, after retreading Reunification War recently I'm not interested in seeing casualty counts in the millions again.
"Do not plan for how to defeat the enemy. Plan for how you will avoid acting like a surat when-not if-the enemy does the totally unexpected." Ulric Kerensky

BattleTech: Ripple Effect (My Alternate Universe)
http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/battletech-ripple-effect-au/

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »

I'm guessing Marians.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up