OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: An Unholy Alliance (An alternate to the Jihad)  (Read 10475 times)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
An Unholy Alliance (An alternate to the Jihad)
« on: January 12, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »

An Unholy Alliance
The Word of Blake and the Star League perfect together?

- 1 -

Grand Ballroom, Royal Court
The Triad
Tharkad City, Tharkad
District of Donegal, Lyran Alliance
November 28, 3067

As the clamor among the delegates grew the mysterious representative of the Word of Blake rose to her feet. Her sudden appearance at the Fourth Whitting Conference while shocking had almost been forgotten. The Capellan and Canopian snub followed by other stunning revelations far outweighed this new shadowy figure from a mystic organization known for its eccentricities. While various agents had done their best to discover as many facts as they could about the new Precentor Martial little could be ascertained. Even the demise of her predecessor was a topic of mere speculation for outsiders who knew only that power could shift very quickly in the Brotherhood.

Without speaking a word she removed the hood of her pristine white robe revealing long blonde hair. Slowly the assembly began to take notice of this subtle feminine beauty whose quiet demeanor had given little insight into her character or the Blakist agenda since her arrival. Before long order was restored as the room had grown silent with everyone in attendance seemingly transfixed on this newcomer. "Sovereigns, I can understand your reasons for considering such a course of action at this time and on the surface withdrawal from the Star League might make sense but I would urge you to reconsider."

First Lord Christian Mansdottir desperate to hold the proceedings together gave the floor to the Blakist representative. "The chair recognizes Precentor Martial Aurora Hayes of the Word of Blake". Aurora graciously nodded "I have been appointed by the Ruling Conclave to represent their interests at this conference." Besides her name the Lords of the InnerSphere had discovered that this individual codenamed Aura was a proud descendant of ComStar's first military commander, Lauren Hayes. Aurora was born on Terra and was identified at an early age as a potentially gifted Mechwarrior by the ComGuards.

Extremely intelligent and almost wholly devoted to the Order she graduated from Sandhurst Royal Military College. A young Adept who piloted an Exterminator against the Wolves on Tukayyid she was gallantly wounded in action before disappearing from the public eye. Apparently Hayes was a fervent True Believer and promptly left ComStar upon learning of the Reformation. Besides her political leanings little was known of Aurora's service in the Blake Militia but some suspected tours with the Light of Mankind or some other ultra secret service. "The continued existence of Star League means everything to the Word of Blake and is in your best interest."

Forestalling objections she continued "While it is true that the Clan threat has receded it still hasn't been completely vanquished. Many Lyran, Draconian, and Rasalhague worlds remain under their inhumane yoke. The recent Ghost Bear War and Jade Falcon Incursion have shown us that the Clans retain potent offensive capabilities. The Star League also provides vital stability that its members which is needed now more than ever. In the wake of the FedCom Civil War all nations could benefit from continued diplomatic order, interstellar commerce, and military security. Turning inward might be the natural thing to do but the benefits of our grand alliance should easily outweigh this renewed isolation."

Frustrated Archon Peter Steiner spoke "Precentor Martial Hayes, I appreciate your obvious passion and fine words in support of the Star League but we can not sustain our membership through good intentions." This sentiment didn't deter Aurora who continued "The Word of Blake is more tangible than you know Archon and we stand ready to directly aid your continued membership. We will finance without interest your rebuilding and assist were we can in repairs to infrastructure which in turn will pay for your Star League obligations several times over. And most significantly the Blake Militia is prepared to undertake an offensive to end the Clan menace once and for all."

First Princess Yvonne Steiner-Davion skeptically leaned forward "We appreciate your zeal Precentor Hayes but ten divisions and a handful of warships can't hope to accomplish this lofty goal." Aurora shook her head "Right you are, that is why the WoB is throwing its full strength behind the operation that will deliver the InnerSphere from the Clans forever." This statement bought muttering discussion among the delegates which was soon broken by a Lyran soldier with a message for the Archon. The Precentor Martial began to speak again "No doubt you will soon be informed by your aides of several warships appearing throughout the InnerSphere."

Again the meeting erupted into chaos as the Council Lords rushed to confirm this nearly unbelievable news. Such an impressive display hadn't been seen since the days of the first Star League. As they returned to their seats Aurora spoke again "The Word of Blake has worked tirelessly to build this fleet and an army to match in order to liberate the InnerSphere from the Clans. Even without the participation of the Capellans and their erstwhile Periphery allies we can accomplish this holy mission." While a debate raged afterwards the House Lords had been sold on the idea. Not only did a vote of confidence in the Star League pass but so too a resolution to drive the Clans from the InnerSphere.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:33:34 PM by Takiro »

MechRat

• Knightmare's Evil Minion
  • Network Gnome
  • Generalmajor
  • I just keep things moving here...
Re: An Unholy Alliance (An alternate to the Jihad)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:43 PM »

An interesting start. I wonder where it will lead...  ???

Rayo Azul

• Overste Lojtnant
    • Sudden Dearth
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »

well,well, well...look forward to more :)

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

To more glory for the Ghost Bears 8)

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

MechRat

• Knightmare's Evil Minion
  • Network Gnome
  • Generalmajor
  • I just keep things moving here...
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »

You can always hope. ;D

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »

An Unholy Alliance is the start of my contribution to this area of the forum which hopefully will draw some new interest. New chapters of Clarion Call and a few BTSD stories including the Birth of the Rim Protectorate will also be appearing soon. I would urge my fellow writers to contribute were possible. ;)

As for this story specifically let me say some days the Bear gets you, others you get the Bear.  :)

muttley

• Lojtnant
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23:46 PM »

I'd pay money to see the looks on the House Lord's faces when she does the big reveal :)
"It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men than we imagined we could be -- and no worse than we feared." Drago Museveni, CY 8451

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 12:12:47 AM »

It is pure and simple shock on their faces. Very interesting I like it
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:49 AM »

The real question being why would they accept to go and exterminate the Clans.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 03:44:44 AM »

Because she didn't say exterminate. The goals she set out were very clear the ejection of the Clans from the InnerSphere. On top of that three realms would receive their long lost worlds back. I think you can figure out the FWL motive but the hardest sell is the Federated Suns.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 03:57:38 AM »

They are always the hardest because they had their trust betrayed before and it makes people very cautious.
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

muttley

• Lojtnant
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 12:53:28 PM »

And they don't gain very much- their RCT's had bled & died for the LyrCom, been betrayed by Katherine, then had a civil war on top of it.
"It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men than we imagined we could be -- and no worse than we feared." Drago Museveni, CY 8451

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

Right you are Mutt, I'll have to spend a future chapter on sweetening the pot for the Davies.

muttley

• Lojtnant
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »

Got a Davion class destroyer hidden in Gabriel?

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »

I'd love to get a list of what WoB has in 3067 Mutt. Would help alot!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up