OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Forging the Southern Cross  (Read 21640 times)

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Forging the Southern Cross
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »

I like the idea 50% either way.

I don't like Alex Cross conquering worlds to his own gain.  Instead his people perhaps colonize 6-9 worlds.  They then contact several worlds around the Southern Cross Region that were colonized by families/factions around/before Cross arrived.  In time several of these worlds choose to join the Congress increasing the size of it (enter some of Takiro's families)

When the SLDF arrive the Congress of Southern Cross has swelled to perhaps 13-17 worlds which are being plagued by raids from worlds that still surround them and from Periphery Rebels.  Through quiet manipulation the SLDF/Southern Cross take in a couple more of the independent worlds.

Why did the SLDF assign an entire Corps to the Southern Cross region?

After the SLDF Corps are established in the region they launch their own version of a Reunification War to take in all the independent worlds under a single unified banner.  Maybe a couple remain independent but for the most part the SLDF take over all the family worlds inducting each into the Congress some people love the SLDF for bringing peace to the region others hate them for taking away their independence?
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

Have not been keeping up to date for the last few days, but would it not be better to have the two realms slightly seperated?  That allows for Takiro's stuff to come in as is, but allow a development of the Southern Cross independent of prior work?
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »

Either way works for me; I thought he was suggesting including the worlds and Houses in the CSC.  If he isn't, I kept the original map.   ;D

MA

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »

I was suggesting an integration MA but as Blacknova suggests there are too many questions to answer right now. I don't think we can just easily blend both ideas on a map just yet.

Can you answer some questions for me please?

1. Region of Settlement.
Where is the Southern Cross located? I know approximate location is Anti-Spinward but what is our nation location? Normal space, in a nebula, a rift, a star cluster, black hole, somewhere else?

The Aurolian Star Cluster (an area I completely made up out of thin air not on any map) is composed of 80 or so tightly grouped stars and seen by the human eye is blue in color. The close proximity of the stars creates frequent gravitational anomalies like akin to the Pirates Haven Star Cluster that make jump traffic dangerous. I.E. disturbing or destroying delicate hyperspace equipment which causes ship destruction, misjumps, vessel damage, and in general makes normal transit difficult. This is akin to the Pirates Haven (aka Badlands) Star Cluster which makes jumping hazardous. As things progressed you see civilizations in the Aurolian Star Cluster overcoming these difficulties with a variety of means.

Just cause I post something doesn't mean use it irregardless. Feel free to add ideas, challenge conceptions, and umm say no we ain't using that. In any case please use Arcanum and Benelux for the Southern Cross as I have no plans for them elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:03:11 PM by Takiro »

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »

Not a problem.

MA

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »

ok

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:05 AM »

I'd suggest put it in normal space or part of a cluster of new stars. Maybe close to a nebula or something if you look at the map Blacknova posted there's a "dead" area on the map "east" of the Marian Hegemony with nothing in it perfect place if you ask me especially since IE have tagged it as a place to look at going into the future
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »

This way we can build the society of the SC up as we wish and then analyse how that sociaety would react/interact with the Ceruleans.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »

Okay gang I went back to the drawing board after our last discussion as I decided that the Aurolian Cluster and Cerulean League were incompatible with the Southern Cross. For many reasons the Houses I created were too different from what was needed. So I went back to Master Arminas rough outline of population influxes to provide some inspiration for some better fits. I figure these descriptions will take us up to the coming of the Star League in 2711. I'd appreciate some population numbers for each House to that period.

10,000 in 2125 – Arcanum
10,000 in 2400 – Benelux
20,000 in 2450 – Dracon
20,000 in 2500 – Neucrux
10,000 in 2550 – Walhalla
80,000 in 2600 – Rim Worlders

So in 2711 when the the Star League arrives there are 6 Royal Houses in 11 inhabited star systems NOT including the Southern Cross.

House Stargazer (Arcanum Protectorate)
Worlds: Arcanum (2125), Sanctum (2425)
Briefing: Mysteriously arriving on Arcanum in 2125 the inhabitants of this planet must have quickly slid into barbarity. Why or how is another complete unknown as no records apparently exist of this early period. With all manner of civilization gone all forms of primitive society sprang up as humanity spread over Arcanum. When explorers from the Southern Cross came and named this world in 2391 they found a planet wide paleolithic society with limited communication skills. For the next three decades explorers would come to survey this enigmatic world, scientists studied the natives’ limited oral history and cave paintings, while educators tried to instruct the Arcanians in the ways of civilization. This effort to uplift the denizens faced many obstacles and some outright hostility from certain tribes. Despite initial struggles that saw off world bases withdrawn to uninhabited zones around the planet it eventually paid dividends. The Southern Cross helped these enlightened Arcanians establish a colony on the nearby world of Sanctum three hundred years after their initial arrival. Since that time these civilized few have continued their holy mission to teach their backward brethren in the ways of an ordered society with varying degrees of success.

House Orange (Benelux Association)
Worlds: Benelux (2396), Voordeel (2573)
Briefing: In the last decade of the twenty fourth discontent within the Terran Hegemony was on the rise. Several scandals and controversial measures orchestrated by the Camerons alienated many including a group from the Low Countries. Led by Prince Gerard Orange they resolved to leave the Human Sphere in search of a new home. Settlers from Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxemburg made the long journey anti spinward to the worlds of the Southern Cross. Incredibly these colonist stumbled into this region while searching for a suitable world. Warm relations were quickly established and the Commonwealth was happy to assist in their relocation. Establishing themselves on a watery planet with abundant natural resources these skilled spacefarers have grown into a commercial powerhouse. The economic power of their trading vessels and ice ships was bolstered by the colony of Voordeel. This world is perhaps the most valuable real estate in the entire Southern Cross. While outwardly uninviting and possessing low habitable factors a Benelux prospector discovered its vast mineral wealth. The Association quickly laid claimed to the system despite its distance from their homeworld and quickly established a labor colony. This settlement has bought enormous wealth to the Low Landers of the Crux.

House Drake (Dracon Alliance)
Worlds: Dracon (2456) – Torkyn (2480)
Briefing: When Geralk Marik became the thirteenth Captain-General of the Free Worlds League many citizens were wary of his militaristic attitudes. These high educated pacifists were portrayed as cowards avoiding military service by patriots of the League. Geralk’s bloody campaign to seize Bella I convinced one scholarly opponent, Simon Drake, to leave his home with a group of his peers. These educators, scientists and skilled technicians wanted no part of increasing violence sweeping the Human Sphere. Drake successfully planned their escape from the League despite drawing Marik security at the time. The hodgepodge fleet eventually made their way to the Southern Cross colonizing the arid world of Dracon with their families. Twenty four years they established a highly advanced scientific outpost on the nearby habitable moon of Torkyn with the assistance of the Commonwealth. Both of these settlements were greatly aided by the Southern Cross which remains a strong ally of these quiet technologists. They prize their security and privacy which is strongly backed by the other people of the Crux.

House Gilderoy (Saltire Federation)
Worlds: Neucrux (2507)
Briefing: Since the founding of Skye the Gilderoy family had always been known for their shrewd business acumen. The fall of the Nine Archons and the subsequent dethroning of the McQuiston dynasty bought this rival House to power over Skye in the late twenty fourth century. Proclaimed Dukes of Skye by Archon Robert Steiner their initial rise to power was bolstered by several clever maneuvers including the backing of Katherine Steiner to the Archonship. Time and again this clan strengthened its hold over the Federation of Skye increasing its prestige. The height of their influence came under the ineffectual rule of Archon Steven Steiner which would ultimately culminate in the Lyran Civil War. The Archon’s death in 2501 saw his mystic wife Margaret Olson assumed control of the realm under guidance of Duke Connor Gilderoy and the Duke of Tamar. Unfortunately the war did not go well for the House and in 2505 the Duke was captured on Tamar. Stripped of his titles Connor was tried and executed for his treason against the Commonwealth. When Archon Steiner exiled the remainder of the Gilderoy family to the far corners of Lyran space their story might have ended if not for their clandestine spy web. This Skye Network or SkyeNet was seemed prepared for this little eventuality and prepared several contingencies to escape the Archon’s clutches. Using their wealth and connections spread throughout the Commonwealth the Gilderoys successfully escaped the Lyran space and made their way to the Southern Cross. Patrick Gilderoy quickly endeared himself to the people of the Crux claiming a common heritage as the Federation of Skye was home to Gacrux. While these links were tenuous at best the newcomers continued to ingratiate themselves to the Southern Cross naming their colony Neucrux. Master politicians and spies few can match their veil of sophistication which carefully hides their ruthless nature. The Gilderoys continue to display an unmatched wit and charm in order advance themselves at all times. The truly wise have learned never to trust this Royal House lest they be ensnared in their devious machinations.

House Fischer (Walhalla Holdfast)
Worlds: Walhalla (2558)
Briefing: With the Age of War coming to an end some Lyran warriors without proper social connections were dismissed from the service. Others sought new challenges that a lasting peace in the Human Sphere would never permit. Chief among these was retired Colonel Axel Fischer a veteran Mechwarrior of some repute. Gathering like minded adventures, supporters, and their families he set off for the Periphery in search of their new home. Chief among his companions was a heavy BattleMech battalion the Fischer named the Einherjar. The elite Warrior Brotherhood scattered bandits in their path as they traveled towards the Southern Cross. After witnessing the unit in action scouts from the Crux greeted them warmly and invited them to stay. Despite the presence of House Gilderoy which caused and still causes much antagonism they colonized Walhalla which is a cold world much like Tharkad. The Einherjar became the first true Mechwarriors in the Southern Cross and are still referred to as the MechLords of the Crux.

House Rowe (Rim Haven)
Worlds: Helios (2580), Phoebus (2584), Shen Yi (2590), Shamash (2590)
Briefing: The Reunification War touched off the largest immigration of the Southern Cross to date. Thousands of Rim Worlders fled the increasing tyranny of House Amaris and the coming the Star League. Some made their way to the Crux where a number of systems were set aside for settlement. The exiles eventually established four colonies named in honor of the Republic’s homeworld, Apollo. Helios became the seat of government and home to the capital city named Invictus while Phoebus hosts their fledgling industry. Shen Yi and Shamash were founded later for the significant Chinese and Arabic cultural groups of the Republic. As the Diaspora continued a man claiming to be Magnus Rowe appeared among the refugee camps on Helios. Magnus asserted his direct link to First Consul Maxwell Rowe who disappeared in 2340. Despite offering little proof of his heritage the people of this Rim Haven latched onto his charismatic presence and incredible story. He was overwhelming elected First Consul and his family has become the central figures in Haven politics.

Hope you enjoyed!

Next up I'll try to get some early detail for the Southern Cross if you guys approve. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:15:32 PM by Takiro »

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »

Looks good, Takiro.  Excellent work as usual.

MA

Epoch Rooster

• Kavallerist
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2013, 04:50:36 AM »

Ignore anything I posted earlier. It seems that Takiro already has Rimworlders from the timeframe I was going to work from. I shall not ponder on this subject any longer as all three of my ideas have been beaten to my actually posting by someone else.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:51:13 AM by Epoch Rooster »
Commander Cyrus Nickle
ARC-3K Archer
The Disposable Heroes

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »

Okay guys, I've been working on some early history for the Southern Cross.

Southern Cross Expedition

The origins of this Expedition go back to the final days of the Terran Alliance when high stakes political dealing reach a fever pitch. The People’s Independence Party (PIP) led by Grant Zoli was vigorously pursed after its impressive showing in the Elections of 2310. Both the Expansionist and Liberal factions who had ruled the Alliance since its founding sought the PIPs support. Playing both sides masterfully Zoli accumulated massive wealth and even a burgeoning colonial program thanks to Expansionist suitors. Zoli’s death in September 2314 touched off a Terran Civil War that ended with James McKenna’s intervention.

The collapse of the Alliance left some deep scars not easily healed. Political undesirables, nationalist die hards, and war criminals all still remained to be dealt with. As McKenna consolidated his hold over the Alliance he found the PIP Fleet a convenient solution. As Alexander Cross gathered his flock of true believers for a journey to a new homeworld far from Terra it became an excellent release valve for some of McKenna’s toughest dilemmas. Getting underway on January 20, 2316 mere weeks before James McKenna officially seized power the Southern Cross Expedition headed anti-spinward towards its namesake stars in search of a new home.

Key Figures

Alexander Cross
   Alex as he tells those who attempt to use other formalities to address him was born in Perth, Australia in 2275. Growing up in a middle class family Cross was driven to political action amid the rising chaos, poverty and suffering. Shocked by the stunning amount of apathy in the government he crusaded for change ultimately happened upon Grant Zoli. Quickly caught up in Zoli’s charismatic appeal he pledged himself to the Voice of the Forgotten. Recognizing Cross’ talent for organization and passion in support of the cause Zoli appointed him his chief lieutenant. Alex became the Prime Minister of Australia in the Elections of 2310 which swept the PIP into prominence. Cross was blinded by his zeal to the People’s Independence Party and failed to recognize Zoli’s personal greed until it was too late. His assassination left Alex in charge of the party which quickly came under siege by its political opponents.

Beatriz Sanchez
   Relations between Brazil and the Terran Alliance had always been tense with a string of rebellions highlighting particularly troubled times. The nation’s massive population and moderate wealth imposed a heavy tax burden on the people while the politicians became quite powerful in the Alliance. This duality between the haves and have nots was ripe for the People’s Independence Party to exploit in 2310. Oscar Sanchez of the PIP was elected President of Brazil and his beautiful daughter Beatriz became an instant celebrity. Just four years later in the wake of Zoli’s assassination chaos swept the Earth as roving political gangs waged war. With her father slain Beatriz boldly stepped forward and fought heroically for the ideals of the People. Sanchez’s meteoric rise and enthusiastic rhetoric was marred by enemies who called her a terrorist and street militant.

1st Marine Division
Well I have an idea on how to add this unit to the Southern Cross rather than an SLDF unit we don't wait that long, they come straight from America. See my Guardian Minority Possibility from earlier in the thread

Guardians – I doubt McKenna trusts Cross fully and perhaps he sends some of his own people perhaps even soldiers to protect this Exodus Fleet. They aren’t there for Cross’ well being necessarily but to keep an eye on things maybe even reestablish contact with McKenna or let him know where they go or what they do.

Is the 1st haunted by their participation in the Alliance collapse? While American colonies were close to Terra and on the whole saw little rebellion but the 2238 Liberal shrinkage of the Alliance might force the unit to watch while some of these colonists suffer without support from Earth. Also McKenna might have feared the 1st Division's fanatical devotion to the United States and decided to rid himself of them. Throw in a commander named Nicholas Kennedy who might be a powerful reminder or potential opponent of the new Hegemony and you get the picture.

Only problem is that adding 19,000 soldiers to the Expedition greatly increases the number of people obviously. We could increase the number of colonists to outweigh these new arrivals if that is okay with everyone. The 19,000 soldier of the 1st Marine Division could be less - I see some Terran Alliance Paracavalry Divisions had 6,000 soldiers per unit. I know MA said 40 thousand people with a fleet of 80 jumpships and I original had a 200 thousand person ceiling. How about 100 thousand or there abouts??

Continents of Perth
   Also came up with the names for the continents of Perth based on initial settlers.
Anzac (Australians and New Zealanders)
Mercosur (Brazil and Latin Americans)
Pacifica (Islanders – Papua New Guiena and Somoa plus the 1st Marine Division)
Suiderkruis (Africans – South Africans)
Polaris (Uninhabited North Pole - the Forsaken)

The Forsaken
   Finally the smallest group of settlers for the Southern Cross consists of prisoners exiled from Terra by McKenna. Expansionists and Liberals alike who participated in crimes against the people of Terra. See my original idea below.

Rather than imprison or execute certain influential people it might be convenient for McKenna to use Cross and his followers as a release valve for other powerful political prisoners taken during his Coup. Expansionists and Liberals who aren’t big fish to be put on trail but can’t or will not return to society as new contributing members of the Hegemony might get sent out with Cross. The Wastes of the Alliance so to speak being Castoff or Foresaken.

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »

Okay guys, I've been working on some early history for the Southern Cross.

Southern Cross Expedition

The origins of this Expedition go back to the final days of the Terran Alliance when high stakes political dealing reach a fever pitch. The People’s Independence Party (PIP) led by Grant Zoli was vigorously pursed after its impressive showing in the Elections of 2310. Both the Expansionist and Liberal factions who had ruled the Alliance since its founding sought the PIPs support. Playing both sides masterfully Zoli accumulated massive wealth and even a burgeoning colonial program thanks to Expansionist suitors. Zoli’s death in September 2314 touched off a Terran Civil War that ended with James McKenna’s intervention.

The collapse of the Alliance left some deep scars not easily healed. Political undesirables, nationalist die hards, and war criminals all still remained to be dealt with. As McKenna consolidated his hold over the Alliance he found the PIP Fleet a convenient solution. As Alexander Cross gathered his flock of true believers for a journey to a new homeworld far from Terra it became an excellent release valve for some of McKenna’s toughest dilemmas. Getting underway on January 20, 2316 mere weeks before James McKenna officially seized power the Southern Cross Expedition headed anti-spinward towards its namesake stars in search of a new home.

Key Figures

Alexander Cross
   Alex as he tells those who attempt to use other formalities to address him was born in Perth, Australia in 2275. Growing up in a middle class family Cross was driven to political action amid the rising chaos, poverty and suffering. Shocked by the stunning amount of apathy in the government he crusaded for change ultimately happened upon Grant Zoli. Quickly caught up in Zoli’s charismatic appeal he pledged himself to the Voice of the Forgotten. Recognizing Cross’ talent for organization and passion in support of the cause Zoli appointed him his chief lieutenant. Alex became the Prime Minister of Australia in the Elections of 2310 which swept the PIP into prominence. Cross was blinded by his zeal to the People’s Independence Party and failed to recognize Zoli’s personal greed until it was too late. His assassination left Alex in charge of the party which quickly came under siege by its political opponents.

Beatriz Sanchez
   Relations between Brazil and the Terran Alliance had always been tense with a string of rebellions highlighting particularly troubled times. The nation’s massive population and moderate wealth imposed a heavy tax burden on the people while the politicians became quite powerful in the Alliance. This duality between the haves and have nots was ripe for the People’s Independence Party to exploit in 2310. Oscar Sanchez of the PIP was elected President of Brazil and his beautiful daughter Beatriz became an instant celebrity. Just four years later in the wake of Zoli’s assassination chaos swept the Earth as roving political gangs waged war. With her father slain Beatriz boldly stepped forward and fought heroically for the ideals of the People. Sanchez’s meteoric rise and enthusiastic rhetoric was marred by enemies who called her a terrorist and street militant.

1st Marine Division
Well I have an idea on how to add this unit to the Southern Cross rather than an SLDF unit we don't wait that long, they come straight from America. See my Guardian Minority Possibility from earlier in the thread

Guardians – I doubt McKenna trusts Cross fully and perhaps he sends some of his own people perhaps even soldiers to protect this Exodus Fleet. They aren’t there for Cross’ well being necessarily but to keep an eye on things maybe even reestablish contact with McKenna or let him know where they go or what they do.

Is the 1st haunted by their participation in the Alliance collapse? While American colonies were close to Terra and on the whole saw little rebellion but the 2238 Liberal shrinkage of the Alliance might force the unit to watch while some of these colonists suffer without support from Earth. Also McKenna might have feared the 1st Division's fanatical devotion to the United States and decided to rid himself of them. Throw in a commander named Nicholas Kennedy who might be a powerful reminder or potential opponent of the new Hegemony and you get the picture.

Only problem is that adding 19,000 soldiers to the Expedition greatly increases the number of people obviously. We could increase the number of colonists to outweigh these new arrivals if that is okay with everyone. The 19,000 soldier of the 1st Marine Division could be less - I see some Terran Alliance Paracavalry Divisions had 6,000 soldiers per unit. I know MA said 40 thousand people with a fleet of 80 jumpships and I original had a 200 thousand person ceiling. How about 100 thousand or there abouts??

Continents of Perth
   Also came up with the names for the continents of Perth based on initial settlers.
Anzac (Australians and New Zealanders)
Mercosur (Brazil and Latin Americans)
Pacifica (Islanders – Papua New Guiena and Somoa plus the 1st Marine Division)
Suiderkruis (Africans – South Africans)
Polaris (Uninhabited North Pole - the Forsaken)

The Forsaken
   Finally the smallest group of settlers for the Southern Cross consists of prisoners exiled from Terra by McKenna. Expansionists and Liberals alike who participated in crimes against the people of Terra. See my original idea below.

Rather than imprison or execute certain influential people it might be convenient for McKenna to use Cross and his followers as a release valve for other powerful political prisoners taken during his Coup. Expansionists and Liberals who aren’t big fish to be put on trail but can’t or will not return to society as new contributing members of the Hegemony might get sent out with Cross. The Wastes of the Alliance so to speak being Castoff or Foresaken.

I like it.  Let's run with it.  Only thing, maybe not 100,000 . . . but what if we bump the original Colony strength to say . . . 55,000?  Add in one more continent for some folks from from the US and I like that, Takiro.

MA

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2013, 06:33:51 AM »

Well lets talk numbers then and the Expedition. It is important to me that everything adds up. The Southern flavor of the Cross is paramount to me and I don't want to ruin it with too much America. Lets establish a hard ceiling of 60 thousand that shall not be breached. Lets have 59,999 or less.

We can also take our time getting there I figure. Why don't we have this exodus take six years to get were they are going. Sticks with the timeline.

Australians and New Zealanders (majority)
With all the "Australian" flavor we have I think it is proper that at least 30 to 40 thousand of our settlers hail from down under

Brazilians and South Americans (largest minority)
I really would like to establish a larger minority than the 1st that is double or even triple their size. 12 to 18 thousand? Also I have ideas for a colony world named Santa Cruz in the near future.

North Americans (6,000 soldier minimum - 19,000 soldier max)
What do you guys think of the low 6 thousand number and military organization of the time?

Islanders
Papua New Guiena and Somoa would send only a small minority. Likely uninterested in space travel. 2 to 5 thousand.

South Africans
The final group I'd like to see with the original colony that is roughly. Future tie in with Benelux. 2 to 5 thousand.

The Forsaken
The worst prisoners that establish the colonial can be very tiny. 500 to 1,000

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »

Sounds good.

MA
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up