OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new AU; Battletech: After the Jihad; Road out of Hell....  (Read 13855 times)

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
new AU; Battletech: After the Jihad; Road out of Hell....
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »

Hi folks, this is my intro to my AU, Called Road out of Hell. The date for this AU is 3175. I will admit to not knowing enough about the Jihad storyline so If I should really screw the pooch let me know. The five succesor houses for the core, the Terran Hegemony dead center.
 Individuals will have absolute freedom to develop, expand, and found a way to integrate these into the canon, if they choose. This Au will, enventually, provide a global base for construction and interoperability. The great houses, Clans, and legendary Units and organizations are open to individual development and use.

My overall plan is to create a baseline, with pointers annd open ends, so that participants can take the directiion they wish, with an eye towardgiving the highest level of ownership and expansiveness. Original creations are encouraged and will be honored. Freedom is given to adapt ot adopt canon creations past and current with a eye toward enriching and advancing said institution.
 Adult rated material is encouraged with the appropiate warnings and thought  for those whom might take offence.

I plan to make or accept baseline opening credentials for each great house, clan or unit/organization. Decendance of these creations or none destroyed entities may obtain starter bullet points. I have choosen the Federated Suns and specifically House davion. Circa 3175, as my point of entry and angle of approach.  It is important that individuals respect the lines created by others, I ask all that participate do this.
 I have started a primary group of charts for construction and back story elements. I am also drafting a handful of units and creating a basic enviironment from which everyone will start and that the AU will exist in. Each great house will blend an survivalistic nature with elements of their past and culture. Anyone having deep affinity for one group or other are encouraged to become involved. Each house or clan or unit will have distinct understandable strengths and weaknesses, technologically, financially, and morally. Proactive engagement with these are encouraged.
 Anyone with affinity for one party or other are encouraged to approach me directly for inclusion in some form into the AU.

I thank you in advance and welcome you all to the World of; "Road out of Hell......"

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: new AU; Battletech: After the Jihad; Road out of Hell....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »

So does this completely ignore the Reublic's creation?

Did the Jihad happen as canon
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

SSJGohan3972

• Sergeant
  • We are the Wolves War is our Element
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

Interesting:

Few Questions

1) is there a special significance of the 3175 date or just pick a date about 100 years in the "future"
2) do you have an idea of the intervening timeline (ie what happens between where you break of canon to your start date?)
3) where exactly are you breaking from canon. you mention the Terran Hegemony reborn so I would imagine your break would be during the jihad (maybe late) where a Terran Hegemony was formed from the fires of the Jihad instead of the Republic of the Sphere but another idea might be that the Terran Hegemony is reformed after Fortress Republic sometime between 3140-3175 expanding back out.
4) You say you don't know much about the Jihad, do you want/need someone to bounce ideas/questions off of (I've got and have reread about 10 times every Jihad book and would be more than willing as would several people here I would imagine)
5) How much do you know about the Dark Age times, read Bonfire of Worlds or the 30 other Dark Age Novels? Do you intend to incorporate some of this/would you like to? Several big things were happening in the Dark Age timeline as it started (imo) to get better including: Clan Wolf invasion of the FWL/Lyran border, CJF/CW invasions approaching Terra, reformation of the FWL (including some Sea Foxes and Nova Cats in a weird way), Liao/FS/DC invasions of the Republic, Alaric Wolf (Ward) of Clan Wolf claiming the Archonship of the Lyran Commonwealth, Crazy (literally insane) First Prince of the Fed Suns, etc.
6) And the clans (homeworld) have you read Wars of Reaving/did this happen in your timeline (down to 4 clans in the homeworlds now I believe)

Lots of stuff, but this could be pretty cool.

"Do not plan for how to defeat the enemy. Plan for how you will avoid acting like a surat when-not if-the enemy does the totally unexpected." Ulric Kerensky

BattleTech: Ripple Effect (My Alternate Universe)
http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/battletech-ripple-effect-au/

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:42 PM »

unfortunately I've not read anything in at least 4 years, I thought I saw that the current time is about that, which would put it well past the HPG disruption and hopefully well into a rebirth of the inner sphere. I also thought I heard about the reaving, but the crusader clans and home clans are different enough to make for a great twist of that.
 my main idea is to give the player a way to get advanced enough to be formidable and recreate the known universe, after all how many actual nukes went off?? and the lose of those planets abilities culture and the unlivability would mean a reshaping.

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »

\  another part of this is the recapture part, in my vision, non of the great houses were really getting to know each other
 it was looking in my head like a very violant time, with blakests still about clans trying to reinsert themselves and the great houses trying to rebuild there desolate realms.

because, no matter what the blakests tried to create the powers were able to hide away something of what was and have had time to focus on it, since the univrse at large was no longer connected, so the battles when they come should be dramatic and bloody and REAL..

war will always be hell... right??!!1

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »

The Reaving might prevent some Clans to do that.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »

I've got about 12 pages of stuff to put on here dont have anyway to speed up the process unless you guys know of a way to do it??

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 03:05:45 AM »

It might be easier to just post it as an attachment, or serialise it.  What ever you feel works best for your process.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »

Wish I at least had a scanner!! :-[

Kwic

• The Grimm Face of Oberon
  • KU Player
  • Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 08:58:11 AM »

go to your nearest Kinkos, Staples, or other business document type of center, with a usb memory stick.

Most modern photocopiers can scan directly to a memory stick, quite quickly for that matter.

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »

you all won't believe this but in the last half day I've lost all the new material I've been working on :'( >:(

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 03:02:20 AM »

you all won't believe this but in the last half day I've lost all the new material I've been working on :'( >:(

Ooops  :'(

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »

With 4 kids I'll probably find it in 4 months buried in a pill of coloring books and school crap.  I've got about 3 pages I should be able to put here
pretty sure they relate to the construction system I've revamped so wish me luck today on that.  But 12 pages of AU history are still gone.......

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »

miracle of all, my kids actually found my notebook!!!!

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:20 AM »

They were holding it prisoner but it escaped.
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up