OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Of Wolves and Falcons  (Read 34863 times)

Shadow_Wraith

• Lojtnant
Re: Of Wolves and Falcons
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »

;D Nice update.  Glad to see that the FWL government is more concerned with the reunited FC than the appearance of additional Clan's on the FC border and what would happen if the FC forces can't stop them.  Looking forward to your next one and hopefully no more computer issues!!

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 12:05:02 AM »

Thanks, this little rig seems to be working well.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »

Wonder what ComStar will think about all this?

Hessian

• SD Developer
  • Kapten
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »

Me too...
Is Frederick St...ahem.... Anastasius Focht still ComStar's Precentor Martial?

Ciao
Hessian

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »

Just caught up with this - I'm thinking what are the Nova Cats doing becoming overlords of the Pesht Military District?  That's quite an expansion I wasn't expecting also possibly setting themselves up  :'(

At the moment I'm not sure what to think do the Wolves want the Ghost Bear OZ as well since the Bears look pretty pressed, the Jags are surrounded and the Vipers look like a very thin blue line other than an OZ.
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »

Me too...
Is Frederick St...ahem.... Anastasius Focht still ComStar's Precentor Martial?

Ciao
Hessian

Fred's dead and ComStar is in shock and looking to itself.

@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »

After the snubbing they took removing the WoB, I don't expect ComStar to do much except offer a nice, "stay the heck away from Terra" message should any of the Great Houses come too close.
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:18 AM »

They still control the HPGs presumably and after having the FWL attack Terra might not be too fond of Marik moves into the Terran March.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

They still control the HPGs presumably and after having the FWL attack Terra might not be too fond of Marik moves into the Terran March.

Not sure they have the strength to lend. Even then, supporting the FC is short-term thinking. ComStar needs to distance itself from the Houses, not get more involved. Besides, there's still the Clans to contend with.
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »

ComStar is wreck  very gun shy. They only have 6 regiments in the corridor and need those on Terra,

@BlackNova01

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

An HPG interdiction could keep the FWL in check but also bing guns on Terra surprised the Clans weren't more pissed when the FWL attacked Terra before

Then again Fochts dead.  ComStar can't enforce the truce.  Grand Council we don't care about any truce
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:19 PM »

I hear ya Blacknova but could I point out some events from your timeline.

Feb-58   Word of Blake attacks Terra
May-58   Terra becomes a blood bath as C* and hidden WoB forces battle to death
Mar-59   Campaign for Terra ends. WoB destroyed and ComStar has only 24 Div and 18 WS
Jun-59   ComStar "cleanses" Gibson of WoB.
Oct-59   FWLN Operation STARLING strike Terra in large naval battle. 8 C* vessels lost before FLWN withdraws

Now we are at the end of 3062 and yeah helping the Federated Commonwealth is short term thinking but can ComStar afford to think long term? The FWL has just attacked it directly and if Thomas is still in charge you could say twice. In either event the new Order isn't going to look kindly on further nearby aggression. Fear can be a powerful motivator. Better to play the long game after you survive today, don't you think?

What did ComStar and the Word of Blake have in common? They hate the Clans. Looking to heal wounds with a common cause is a smart play.

But there is admittedly a lot I don't know. Was the cleansing of Gibson approved by the FWL? Did some of Thomas True Believer friends like Blaine fall to the ComGuards? Is the League currently under interdiction for the attack on Terra or WoB support?

Plus Victor might be redeploying a lot of troops through the Terran Corridor and crushing the FWL could dissuade other adventurers.

Just some of my thoughts

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2014, 11:14:36 PM »

Despite your points above, C* has 6 regiments on Terra and 12 WarShips in system.  They would not weaken that defence one jot on the face of FWLM assaults nearby, they cannot afford to.  They have an agreement with the FRR for troops and could pull them back, ut with the Clans getting aggressive, they will likely stay there.

Terra is a frenzy of activity.  Titan is coming fully on line and the factories on Terra are running all out.  ComStar plans on rebuilding, but has a long way to go and cannot afford to antagonise any great power any further.  They have pulled their heads in and wont get adventurous until the new fleet begins launching and the Guards grow some.

Thomas's actions were a direct tit-for-tat retaliation for Gibson.  He hit only with WarShips, which sent a signal without descending into all out war.

@BlackNova01

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2014, 11:47:46 PM »

Think of Victor going public with Thomas identity with ComStar ' s help you could cause a Civil War easy.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »

Except that that would smear ComStar worse than they are already. Without Focht (and his rep as saviour of the Inner Sphere from the clans) they're less able to shift blame to Waterly than they used to be. Victor might do that, but ComStar wouldn't really be inclined to do anything but cringe if that was publicised.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up