OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Operation Revival Reborn  (Read 24882 times)

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
Re: Operation Revival Reborn
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2011, 06:21:52 AM »

Death Commandos betraying the Chancellor?  :o

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Trace Coburn

• Sergeant
  • Родина и свобода!
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2011, 07:36:45 AM »

Kali wasn't the Chancellor, and she was the one the DCs helped shoot.  Romano was the Chancellor, and Rush had just given her a long-overdue haircut when that bit went down; between the fact that the Chancellorship was vacant at that instant, and Romano's little announcement that for all their sworn-to-the-death fealty to the Celestial Throne, they weren't 'loyal' enough for her to be worth protecting/saving from her little suicide-gas plan, the DCs' 'who do I shoot?' algorithms might have been just a shade confused.  ;D

Now, if only they'd finished the job and smoked Sun-Tzu into the bargain, just on general principle....  :(

Developer-in-Chief, Renegade Tech 2.0

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »

Yeah, believe me, I wanted to get rid of Sun-Tzu, but he is too smart to try something at this moment that justifies him getting shot.  He didn't raise a weapon, he didn't leap to his mother's or sister's aid, and other than trying to (pro forma) claim the throne in his own right, he is cooperating.  I wrote it out four times, and had him in die in three of them, but they all seemed forced and contrived.  Really, this was the best way I saw to write it.

What Trace said.   ;D

Of course, you could also be talking about Loren Jaffray (Sub-Commander Jaffray), but he didn't actively betray the Chancellor either--and he has a history in BattleTech of changing sides anyway.  In canon, Candance and Master Rush were engaged in talks about the future of Romano's rule--Master Rush even killed both her and Tsen in canon in 3052, just a year from now.  Remember that Ion Rush is not a Death Commando, he is the Master of House Imarra.  Candace counted on (gambled, really) that Rush's dissillusionment with Romano would be enough to put him in her camp--and in this instance she was right.  Had she not threatened to slaughter hundreds of thousands of Capellans, he might have stayed out of it, but Candace (hoped she) knew which side of the fence he would come down on if push came to shove.

MA

JuetaHafwan

• Menig
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »

I've never gotten battletecg history in my head, never read enough I suppose
 good luck keeping it semi straight

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »

Another great chapter MA! From the appearance of Death Commando Jaffray (of Northwind Hussar fame) to Sun Tzu and the death of the crazies. I might not have had Sun Tzu make such a declaration but it works. I expect him to try and recover those worlds lost to the Confederation in the 4th SW regardless. This was always his driving goal even if the Chancellor isn't him.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2011, 12:08:39 AM »

Now to see what the Fedcom is up to
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »

More of this good stuff
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up