OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: The Outer Colonies Region  (Read 33437 times)

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
The Outer Colonies Region
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »

Frak you: Monday's my birthday so I want to get this out of the way so I can drink whisky and enjoy myself.

Most of the Castle Brian's share names with ancient fortifications on Terra

Major Castle Brian's of the Outer Colonies

Port Stanley
Mount Usborne, San Carlos
Mount Longdon (Planetary Defence Command)
Port Howard (Port Castle, attached to Mount Longdon)
Bluff Cove, Fox Bay, Fitzroy

New Tasmania
Oyster Bay, Hobart
Woomera (Planetary Defence Command)
Devonport (Port Castle)

San Antonio
Fort Worth, Galviston
The Alamo (Planetary Defence Command)
Fort Houston (Port Castle)

New Jersey
Greystone, Jersey City
Cape May (Planetary Defence Command)
Red Bank (Port Castle)
Neuschwanstein, Newport News Shipbuilding

Rockall
Dunluce, Derry (Planetary Defence Command)
Carrickfergus (Port Castle)
Glenbogle (Clan MacDonalds)
Kilwillie Castle (Clan Kilwillie)
Conwy Castle (Clan Fraiser)

Last Post
Qasr Kharana, Landing (Planetary Defence Command)
Spis (Port Castle)
The Citadel, New Constantinople

New Jamaica
Herstmonceux, Port Royal
Gifu (Planetary Defence Command)
Hatley (Port Castle)

Vision
Bodiam, Eden (Planetary Defence Command)
Malbork (Port Castle)
Crystal Peak (abandoned)

Malloy's World
Matsumoto, Rosalyn
Himeji (Planetary Defence Command)
Trakoscan (Port Castle)

Ticonderoga
Hohensalzburg, Champlain (Planetary Defence Command/Port Castle)

Rorke's Drift
Vianden, Charlemagne
Masada, McEvedy City (Planetary Defence Command)
Heidelberg, Wolf's Bane Mountains
Mehrangarh, Wolf's Bane Mountains
Lichtenstein, Wolf's Bane Mountains

Fort Dixie
Terminus (large Port Castle)

Protectorates:
Helios & Solitude

None

Arixo
Krak des Chevaliers, Snake River

Pacifica
Gibraltar, Roanapur
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:37:19 PM by Starbug »
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.
Three times is an enemy action

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »

Transcript of meeting between:
Chairwoman Helena Stark & saKahn Mary Mroczkiewicz
Also in attendance: Director David Wolfsbane (Ministry of Intelligence)
Office of the Chairwoman
Council Chambers
San Carlos, Port Stanley
December 7th, 3065

MROCZKIEWICZ: You wanted to see me?

STARK: Yes, thank you for coming so soon.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Only a fool would refuse a summons from the Chairwoman.

STARK: Mary, I ask you here as a friend, not a fellow member of the Council.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Yet we are meeting in your office?

STARK: Jasper makes the best coffee in San Carlos, you know that.

MROCZKIEWICZ: True. Do I even need to ask what this is about?

WOLFSBANE: Did you really think we wouldn't notice what you've been doing? The ships you took from the bone-yard? The new BattleMech's you've been building?

MROCZKIEWICZ: Which we are allowed to do under the Federalisation Treaty.

STARK:  And the shipyard?

MROCZKIEWICZ: It provides much need jobs and boosts the local economy.

WOLFSBANE: Your population base is at the very least 20% over what you said it was.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Are you going to chastise us for what we get up to in the privacy of our own homes?

STARK: Mary, we know you're using the Iron Wombs more and more. In the past we've turned a blind eye because, well, you wanted to preserve the genetic legacy of those who never made it this far, and you made it freely available to those who couldn't conceive naturally...

WOLFSBANE: But now you're using it to breed an entire army.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Clause 5 allows us to take any actions we deem necessary to maintain planetary security. After a lengthy debate, we decided that we needed a larger army, and that requires a far larger population base, so we used the Iron Wombs and our genetic database to double our birthrate, placing the children either with their genetic parents or with foster-families. We are not, nor would we ever, indoctrinating children from birth to be soldiers. Call us what you will, but we are NOT the Disciples of Nicholas!

STARK: I never said you were. Mary, I've known you for over twenty years; you're my friend and I trust you. And speaking as your friend, I have to tell you that the Council is split almost evenly on this matter. Bob's worried that your shipyard will take work away from Newport News, and he's called in enough markers to get Jo, Gideon and Pun on his side. I've managed to talk Holly, Li and Hank into helping me counter him, but Silvester is fence sitting. If Bob can get him on side, he'll push for Quentin to be given the casting vote, and none of us know him well enough to say which way he'll go.

MROCZKIEWICZ: I can understand Jo and Pun siding with Bob; their worlds have always looked to New Jersey for leadership, but Gideon surprises me.

WOLFSBANE: Vision has a growing merchant fleet; Newport News has offered them a discount on new and refurbished ships, and Clarke Station is booked up for the next year and a half.

MROCZKIEWICZ: I thought Bob might object, but I never thought he would resort to outright bribery.

STARK: Not bribery; politics. Gideon is facing stiff opposition back home, and needs something to show the coalition supporting him that he's doing the best he can for their world. It's perfectly understandable that he want to be in Bob's good books.

MROCZKIEWICZ: If... [something said that microphone was unable to pick up] If I was to offer him a better deal, do you think Gideon would change his vote in my favour?

STARK: That's hard to say...

WOLFSBANE: Yes. There's no love-loss between Gideon and Bob. In fact, they two can barely remain civil. But right now Bob has something Gideon needs, so he's calling the tune. But you offer him the chance to bring Bob don a peg or two, and he'll take it.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Vision still has the Crystal Peak factory mothballed, yes?

WOLFSBANE: It would need a lot of time and money to make it operational again, but yes.

MROCZKIEWICZ: If we were to offer them the same deal on the ships, and agree to buy Crystal Peak?

STARK: That...would depend. Would you intend to relocate the factory to Rorke's Drift? Or leave it where it is? Because once word gets out that we're planning to replace our older equipment with new-builds, Crystal Peak is going to be a prime asset. Everyone knows that Fox Bay has the capacity but not the manpower, and Vision has the highest unemployment out of all the Colonies.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Moving it would be the logical choice, but I see where you are coming from. What if we were to offer to modernise it for, say, a 50% share?

STARK: I'd say you'd have better luck asking for a third. Gideon's a nice guy, but unlike you, he had to pander to the electorate.

MROCZKIEWICZ: I was elected.

WOLFSBANE: You were the Brotherhood's candidate in all but name; there was no way you were going to lose that election. Please, don't insult our intelligence by claiming otherwise. I for one take great pride in knowing things other's would rather I didn't.

STARK: Probably why none of your marriages never lasted. Now look, Mary, even if you get Gideon on side, Bob still has enough votes on the Council to cause trouble. I understand why you are doing the things you are doing, but in secret? It reminds people of the Usurper...

MROCZKIEWICZ: Friend or not, Chairwoman or not, if you ever compare my people to that...man, ever again, I will kill you where you stand.

STARK: No comparison was intended, I assure you, and I apologise if you felt it was. But my point remains; historically speaking, secret military build up has always come before a war of conquest. Call it human nature, if you will.

MROCZKIEWICZ: When my ancestors arrived in this region of space, they freely shared the advances in technology that had been made after the Exodus. We also offered the Iron Wombs and the same limited genetic modifications we now use as standard, but you turned us down. We are as dedicated to the ideals of the Star League as anyone else, but we are living with a death sentence hanging over our heads. Do you think the Clans have forgotten what happened? Do you think that they would simply let us be, if they found out about us? There are two and a quarter billion people on Rorke's Drift, Foster's World, Redemption and Ticonderoga that would be hunted down an exterminated. And let's not forget the people on the other worlds who have Wolverine blood running through their veins, no matter how diluted.

WOLFSBANE: Yes, the Clans are a threat, but what do you suggest we do about it?

MROCZKIEWICZ: We do everything we can to remain hidden, and make sure our defences are as strong as they can be. I want to know that if the Clans come to kill my people, my children, that they will break like a wave against the shore. For that we need two things; information, and money.

STARK: Money I can get you; we've always used our higher technology base and large merchant fleet to become the dominant economic power in this region of space. This has allowed us to maintain a relatively low domestic tax level; far lower than our economy could support. Even a minor increase in income or corporate tax would bring in a sizeable disposable income.

WOLFSBANE: That leaves information, which is my bulwark.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Yes. You're going to have to deploy some of those surveillance ships you have hidden away to the boarders on the Inner Sphere. Not close enough to attract any attention; just enough to get a clearer picture of what's going on. We can fit them with our latest generation of transmitters, allowing them to send at least some information back home without the HPG chain.

STARK: Risky, but I'm willing to allow it. Make sure the crews understand that they can not allow themselves or their ships to be captured. I know it's a lot to ask of people...

MROCZKIEWICZ: I can supply the crews, if needed. My people understand that sometimes a few must lay down their lives for the good of the many.

WOLFSBANE: That's the information side of things taken care of. The question now is, what do we do with it?

MROCZKIEWICZ: There are dozens of destroyer and frigate hulls in the Hamunaptra system, and I know that the University of Rosalyn has at least two complete computer systems from the Star Leagues M-5 program. We could, with all three shipyards now operational, convert some of those hulls into Caspar Drones. Along with orbital and ground-side defences, we could make our worlds all but impenetrable to hostile attack.

STARK: The Star League looked into giving us a Space Defense System so they could cut the fleet presence out here, but even they felt it was prohibitively expensive. Even if we did raise taxes, we'd never be able to afford anything like what you're talking about!

MROCZKIEWICZ: If built from scratch, yes, a full SDS program is well beyond our capabilities. But if we use the ships in the bone-yard, we should be able to cut costs drastically. Crystal Peak has aerospace production lines that can be tasked with building drone-fighters just as easily as their manned equivalent, and with the M-5 system, we can fit dozens of them into a retrofitted hull. We have already identified a Baron class Destroyer that we would like to use as a test-bed, at our expense, of cause.

STARK: Of cause.

MROCZKIEWICZ: Let us work on the prototype, at least long enough for us to determine if the program has potential. I would be more than willing to keep the Council informed of any and all progress, and I will make our preliminary reports and proposals available right now. We are not an aggressive people, Helena; we just want to be safe.

STARK: We all want to be safe, Mary, but there are ways and means.

WOLFSBANE: Indeed. But for now, I think we have enough to be getting on with. I for one have to oversee the reactivation of some ships.

MROCZKIEWICZ: And I have another meeting with Holly about an Endowment for one of her precious universities. [sound of chairs moving] until next time?

STARK: Next time. [footsteps followed by the sound of a door closing] Thoughts?

WOLFSBANE: About what I expected. The people of Rorke's Drift are paranoid, but harmless if just left alone. And her ideas do hold some merit; we could use better information on the state of the Inner Sphere. I think some of the Council members have become so accustom to how safe and comfortable we are out here that they forget that it wouldn't take that much for it all to come crashing down. Our ancestors found these worlds. The Star League found them. The Wolverine's found them. We have to assume that someone, somewhere, in either the Inner Sphere or Clan space has a map that marks our exact location. The only thing that has kept us safe from all that has followed the fall of the Star League is that no one has with such a map has considered it worth the chance that there was something out here that would make such a journey worth the cost and risk.

STARK: You make it sound like we're Ancient Romans, ignoring the sound of he barbarians at the gates.

WOLFSBANE: Maybe we are. All I know is that we have technology and knowledge that may well have been completely lost to the rest of humanity. Given what we know of the Succession Wars, is it too hard to believe that someone might consider that a prize worth fighting over?

STARK: Okay, okay; I give in. Send your ships to the edges of the Inner Sphere. I just pray that they find nothing that makes us regret such an act.
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
Re: The Outer Colonies Region
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »

I'm always worried about small proto-states fielding constructs as big and as sophisticated as Castle Brians, but I like what you've written. The fictional material interspersed between your AU's sourcebook material has really brought your colonies to life. Keep it coming!
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »

First A very early Happy Birthday Second Good Stories. Third Are there Minor Castle Brians??  Fourth the Castle's on Rockall are they styled on typical European Castles or The Religious Orders Castles.   P.S.  Go for the Good Whiskey it is your birthday after all.
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 03:33:11 AM »

Third Are there Minor Castle Brians??

Yes, check the sourcebook about the Terran campaign (Jihad Era).

Interesting material even if Knightmare is right about the size/construction programme problem.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 05:39:46 AM »

I'm always worried about small proto-states fielding constructs as big and as sophisticated as Castle Brians
The Star League built most of the Castle Brian's; the Outer Colonies just inherited them.

First A very early Happy Birthday
Thank you  8)

the Castle's on Rockall are they styled on typical European Castles or The Religious Orders Castles.
Think a mediaeval European castle, but built on a scale where MBT's can pass through the gates.

Go for the Good Whiskey it is your birthday after all.
I've got some Glenfiddich 12 Year Old Special Reserve on standby  8)
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Gabriel

• General
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

To Starbug  Ah The Very Good Stuff Glenfiddich 12 Year Special Reserve is the tops. Two I can see the scale of the castle. Impressive most Impressive. Sub Rosa on the outer defense's right.
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »

Ah The Very Good Stuff Glenfiddich 12 Year Special Reserve is the tops.
Well, we have to have some standards, after all 8)

Two I can see the scale of the castle. Impressive most Impressive. Sub Rosa on the outer defense's right.
Can't help but feel I'm missing something here.
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Gabriel

• General
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »

To Ice Hellion I do have that book. What I meant was Starbug had listed Major Castle Brians of the Outer Colonies I was wondering were there any Minor Castle Brians of the Outer Colonies?? To Starbug what I meant was that the defenses are very well concealed.

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »

To Ice Hellion I do have that book. What I meant was Starbug had listed Major Castle Brians of the Outer Colonies I was wondering were there any Minor Castle Brians of the Outer Colonies??
Some, mostly on Port Stanley and Rorke's Drift; one saw a full scale planetary invasion and the other is a haven for some very paranoid Wolverines. But most other military bases and outposts tend to be field bases closer to what you'd find in the MechCommander games:

To Starbug what I meant was that the defenses are very well concealed.
Standard military doctrine; sucker the enemy into attacking you where you're strongest by making it look like it's where you're weakest.
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »

Code: [Select]
               BattleMech Technical Readout

Type/Model:    Fargo FRG-0C
Tech:          Inner Sphere / 2825
Config:        Biped BattleMech
Rules:         Level 2, Custom design

Mass:          20 tons
Chassis:       FX Vixen
Power Plant:   80 GM Fusion
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets:     None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor Type:    Valiant Chainmail
Armament:      None
Manufacturer:  Fox Bay Armaments
Communications System:  Garret Type 4
Targeting & Tracking System:  Garret GRNDTRK 15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
==Overview:==
     Created for the Colonial Marshal's Service, the Fargo series of light
BatttleMech's are named in honour of one of their most famous former agents,
Joseph "Old Stone Face" Fargo, who arrested his own twin brother when he
caught him accepting bribes.

==Capabilities:==
     Built to be cheap, rugged and easy to maintain, the basic Fargo has
little in the way of amenities or thrills. Standing a little over ten meters
tall, it has a top speed of just 65 km/h. Many consider this too slow for such
a light unit, but the Fargo in primarily tasked with dealing with
UtilityMech's that have been co-opted by criminals. 4.5 tons of Valiant
Chainmail armour give the Fargo a thick skin for a 'Mech it's size, allowing
it to shrug off most man-portable weapons with ease.
     While not a true OmniMech of the type developed by the Clans, the Fargo
is highly modular, borrowing several design features from the Star League era
Mercury scout 'Mech.

==Variants:==
     The 1C variant of the Fargo is equipped with a Mydron Excel LB 2-X
autocannon held in the right hand like an oversized shotgun. This weapon is
highly effective against civilian vehicles and UtilityMech's, and the threat
alone is often enough to cause a fugitive to surrender.
    By comparison, the 2C may at first seam under-armed, with just a pair of
.303 Vickers Machine Guns for offensive armament. But it also carries a Fox
Bay Armaments Mjolnir Pod, allowing it to disable most vehicles and 'Mech's
with ease.
     The 3C is built for urban pacification and assault, mounting ChisComp 43
Special Large Laser in the right arm, and 4 GM 'Jetstar' Jump Jets for
improved manoeuvrability.
     The 4C is the most heavily armed, mounting a ChisComp 32 Small and a
ChisComp 39 Medium Laser in each arm, with four .303 Vickers Machine Guns in
either torso. It is this variant that is called in when the situation has
reached the point where a massive show of force is needed.

==Deployment==
     Held in ready reserve by the Marshals, the Fargo is more often seen in
the service of planetary militia units, who like its adaptability and low
per-unit cost, as well as a handful of independent worlds that have been
cleared to perches this signature unit.
     On several occasions since it was first developed, Fargo's have, by
various means, fallen into the hands of pirates and other criminals. It is no
surprise that the Marshals consider this an affront to their honour, and hunt
them down as quickly and methodically as possible.
     Indeed, it is a brave or foolish pirate that openly flaunts the fact that
they pilot a Fargo, as many see it as an automatic death sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model:    Fargo FRG-0C
Mass:          20 tons

Equipment:                                 Crits    Mass
Int. Struct.:  33 pts Standard               0      2.00
Engine:        80 Fusion                     6      2.50
   Walking MP:   4
   Running MP:   6
   Jumping MP:   0
Heat Sinks:     10 Single                    7       .00
 (Heat Sink Loc: 1 RA, 2 LT, 2 RT, 1 LL, 1 RL)
Gyro:                                        4      1.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors:                5      3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H    R: Sh+UA+LA+H   16       .00
Armor Factor:   69 pts Standard              0      4.50

Internal    Armor
                          Structure   Value
   Head:                      3          9     
   Center Torso:              6          9     
   Center Torso (Rear):                  3     
   L/R Side Torso:            5        8/8     
   L/R Side Torso (Rear):              2/2     
   L/R Arm:                   3        6/6     
   L/R Leg:                   4        8/8     

Weapons and Equipment    Loc  Heat  Ammo   Crits    Mass
TOTALS:                          0          38     13.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          40      7.00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        975,440 C-Bills
Battle Value:      249
Cost per BV:       3,917.43
Weapon Value:      0 / 0 (Ratio = .00 / .00)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 0;  MRDmg = 0;  LRDmg = 0
BattleForce2:      MP: 4,  Armor/Structure: 2/2
                   Damage PB/M/L: -/-/-,  Overheat: 0
                   Class: ML;  Point Value: 3

Primary Configuration

1 LB 2-X AC              RA      1   45      5      7.00
  (Ammo Locations: 1 RA)
TOTALS:                          1          43     20.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          35       .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        1,157,840 C-Bills
Battle Value:      278
Cost per BV:       4,164.89
Weapon Value:      36 / 36 (Ratio = .13 / .13)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 1;  MRDmg = 2;  LRDmg = 1
                   Damage PB/M/L: 1/-/-,  Overheat: 0

Configuration A

1 Mjolnir Pod*           RA      0   10      4      5.00
  (Ammo Locations: 2 RA)
2 Machine Guns           CT      0  200      3      2.00
  (Ammo Locations: 1 HD)
TOTALS:                          0          45     20.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          33       .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        1,131,440 C-Bills
Battle Value:      249
Cost per BV:       4,543.94
Weapon Value:      10 / 10 (Ratio = .04 / .04)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 2;  MRDmg = 0;  LRDmg = 0
                   Damage PB/M/L: 1/-/-,  Overheat: 0

Configuration B

(Heat Sink Loc: 1 LA, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL)

1 Large Laser            RA      8           2      5.00
4 Standard Jump Jets:                        4      2.00
 (Jump Jet Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 CT)
TOTALS:                          8          44     20.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          34       .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        1,172,240 C-Bills
Battle Value:      422
Cost per BV:       2,777.82
Weapon Value:      168 / 168 (Ratio = .40 / .40)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 7;  MRDmg = 4;  LRDmg = 0
BattleForce2:      MP: 4J,  Armor/Structure: 2/2
                   Damage PB/M/L: 1/1/-,  Overheat: 0
                   Class: ML;  Point Value: 4

Configuration C

(Heat Sink Loc: 1 HD, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL)

1 Medium Laser           RA      3           1      1.00
1 Small Laser            RA      1           1       .50
1 Medium Laser           LA      3           1      1.00
1 Small Laser            LA      1           1       .50
2 Machine Guns           RT      0  400      4      3.00
  (Ammo Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT)
2 Machine Guns           LT      0           2      1.00
TOTALS:                          8          48     20.00
Crits & Tons Left:                          30       .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        1,124,840 C-Bills
Battle Value:      349
Cost per BV:       3,223.04
Weapon Value:      192 / 192 (Ratio = .55 / .55)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 12;  MRDmg = 1;  LRDmg = 0
                   Damage PB/M/L: 3/1/-,  Overheat: 0
                   Class: ML;  Point Value: 4

Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »

What is a Mjolnir Pod?

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »

What is a Mjolnir Pod?

A cross between a NARC and a Taser.

Full stats are back on page two, at the bottom.
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Starbug

• Kavallerist
  • The Hard-Fighting 95th
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »

BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
                      VALIDATED

Type/Model:    Universal Weapons Carrier T16
Tech:          Inner Sphere / 2750
Config:        Tracked Vehicle
Rules:         Level 1, Custom design

Mass:          10 tons
Power Plant:   50 GM Ceramic Diesel I.C.E.
Cruise Speed:  54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Armor Type:    Simple Armor Plate Standard
Armament:     
  2 Boys .303 Vickers Machine Guns
Manufacturer:  Fox Bay Armaments
Communications System:  Garret T-10B
Targeting & Tracking System:  O/P 911

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
==Overview:==
     A Star League Defence Force design, the original role envisaged for the
Universal Weapons Carrier was as a fast, lightly armed vehicle to carry
infantry across ground denied by small-arms fire. Cheap, reasonably fast and
amazingly rugged, the Universal Weapons Carrier remains in service and
production to this day.

==Capabilities:==
     The hull of these vehicles comprised a simple steel box with a motor
compartment situated in the centre. In front, sits a driver/gunner. A radiator
was mounted in a bulkhead beside them, and the noise generated by the fan
effectively drowned out any conversation between them and the infantry in the
back (NB: early vehicles of this type were not fitted with any form of
internal communications).
     Behind the driver are two rectangular compartments, one each side of the
engine, used to carry a variety of stores and/or personnel. Loads varied, and
it is common to find the Carrier employed in a number of roles e.g. carrying
ammunition, infantry support weapons such as medium mortars (81 mm) or medium
machine guns. They are also used for towing anti-tank guns and trailers.
     Because it is fully tracked, it has proven to be a reasonably good, cross
country vehicle and it is both agile and very fast, for its time of
development, at least.

==Variants:==
     The highly adaptive nature of UWC means that it is easy to customise for
a specific task or job. One quick and common conversion replaces the machine
guns and infantry bay with a single-shot SRM-6 pod, while another turns it
into a fire-breathing monster, with a vehicle flamer for incinerating
infantry. A more technologically advanced version keeps the turret mounted
machine gun, and adds an Beagle Active Probe and a TAG spotting laser.
     Over the years, countless UWC's have been sold off as military surplus,
bought up by farmers, prospectors and quarries. Anywhere, in fact, where a
rugged, adaptable ATV is needed. The demand is so great, in fact, that the
Hark Corporation of New Jersey has acquired the rights to build a unarmed or
armoured, civilian version called the Pachyderm 2000, to keep up.

==Deployment==
     The Universal Weapons Carrier has been in production since the early days
of the Star League, but the only known factory to still be producing it is Fox
Bay Armaments on Port Stanley. Rugged and dependable, the UWC is often seen in
both line and militia units, carrying out a wide array of unglamorous but
crucial jobs.

Type/Model:    Universal Weapons Carrier T16
Mass:          10 tons

Equipment:                                 Items    Mass
Int. Struct.:  5 pts Standard                0      1.00
Engine:        50 I.C.E.                     0      3.00
    Cruise MP:   5
     Flank MP:   8
Heat Sinks:      0 Single                    0       .00
Cockpit & Controls:                          0       .50
Crew: 1 Members                              0       .00
Turret Equipment:                            0       .50
Armor Factor:   24 pts Standard              0      1.50

Internal    Armor
                          Structure   Value
   Front:                     1          7
   Left / Right Sides:        1        5/5
   Rear:                      1          3
   Turret:                    1          4

Weapons and Equipment    Loc  Heat  Ammo   Items    Mass
1 Machine Gun            Front    0  100     2      1.00
1 Machine Gun            Turret   0  100     1      1.00
Infantry Bay             Body                1      1.50
TOTALS:                           0          4     10.00
Items & Tons Left:                           3       .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        57,017 C-Bills
Battle Value:      43
Cost per BV:       1,325.97
Weapon Value:      2 / 2 (Ratio = .05 / .05)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 1;  MRDmg = 0;  LRDmg = 0
BattleForce2:      MP: 5T,  Armor/Structure: 0 / 1
                   Damage PB/M/L: -/-/-,  Overheat: 0
                   Class: GL;  Point Value: 0
                   Specials: tran1
Once is an accident.
Twice is a coincidence.

Gabriel

• General
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2011, 06:56:44 PM »

It is Thor's Hammer in a missile casing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up