OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Order of Five Pillars Mechwarrior Unit  (Read 41118 times)

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
Re: Order of Five Pillars Mechwarrior Unit
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »

Love to hear your thoughts on who will be participating for the Sohei (aka pick the 12 best Mechwarriors and their rides which can win such an engagement).

Why not take a Company as it is?

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2019, 07:59:06 PM »

Could do that Ice as I suggested on CBT forum. The Mobile Assault Company seems to be the largest vote getter thus far.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »

Happy Easter gang! I don't know how many of you are following along on this thread or on the main boards but work on the Sohei continues. We have scheduled the battle for May 4th which will likely conclude our RPG season this year. Work also continues on the Turkina evaluation too. Hope you all have a good Sunday!

Ice Hellion

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »

Happy Easter gang! I don't know how many of you are following along on this thread or on the main boards but work on the Sohei continues. We have scheduled the battle for May 4th which will likely conclude our RPG season this year. Work also continues on the Turkina evaluation too. Hope you all have a good Sunday!

I am following it on both forums :P

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2019, 06:05:27 AM »

After much soul searching I have made my decision on the Initial Trial of Rockland. With the Sohei I tried to include everyone but it was difficult cutting down to 12 from 19 possibles. Please comment - I need any Mech modifications you need prior to the battle and if you have specific Mech skill numbers (Gunnery/Piloting) please post them!

Sohei (Attackers)

Assault Lance
Daniel McAlister, Elite (1/1), Atlas [Takiro]
Hitomi Barca, Elite (2/2), Battlemaster [Takiro]
Jirou Sainze, Elite (1/2), Shogun [Takiro]
Haruna Takahashi, Elite (0/1), Katana [Takiro]
   Mobile Lance
Hisoka Matsumoto, Elite (2/3), Victor [Daryk]
Donald Werner, Elite (2/2), Victor [Takiro]
Shiori Noriko, Elite, Cataphract [Ice Hellion]
Catherine Kennedy, Elite, Grasshopper [Dragon Cat]
   Battle Lance
Aika Gunma, Elite (2/3), Warhammer [O5P Ghost]
Jak ‘Two Guns’ Warren, Veteran (3/4), Warhammer [Doc_Agren]
Katsumi Watanabe, Elite (3/1), Wolverine [Daryk]
Irena Petrova-Kawamoto, Elite , Griffin [Sharpnel]

Takiro – 5 / Daryk – 2  / Sharpnel – 1 / Doc_Agren – 1 / O5P Ghost – 1 / Ice Hellion – 1 / Dragon Cat – 1

Clan Smoke Jaguar (Defenders)

Psi Galaxy Command Trinary
   Alpha Command Star
Galaxy Commander Frederick Ott, Veteran (2/2), Behemoth*
Mechwarrior Sibum, Regular (3/3), Behemoth (Jaguar Solahma, sage adviser)
Mechwarrior Fama, Regular (3/3), Supernova (Retrained Pilot)
Mechwarrior Annazah, Veteran (2/3), Thunder Stallion (Hell’s Horses abtakha)
Mechwarrior Hogah, Regular (3/4), Warhammer IIC (Retrained Elemental)

10th Provisional Garrison Cluster
   Bravo Command Star
Star Commander Dak, Veteran (2/3), Marauder [Clan upgrade] (Jaguar Warden)
Mechwarrior Frenz, Regular (3/3), Hunchback IIC (Jaguar Solahma)
Mechwarrior Takim, Elite (1/2), Great Wyrm (Cloud Cobra abtakha)
Mechwarrior Asxa, Regular (3/4), Hellhound (New Second)
Mechwarrior Simkha, Regular (3/4), Shadow Hawk IIC (Invasion Testdown)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2019, 06:08:19 AM »

I think Watanabe is going to have a hard time winning if physicals are off the table.  She's only a 3 Gunner.  If physicals are permitted, though, no sweat.

We are gonna have to see how it plays out Daryk but the Sohei will be playing by Clan rules until they break them. What I need from you is your variants for this duel for both Katsumi Watanabe [Wolverine] and Hisoka Matsumoto [Victor].

Last night I received the WHM-PP3 Warhammer (aka the Popcorn Popper) from Doc_Argen and it looks great!

I also have the Atlas (believe I designated it the AS7-GLL) here that Daniel McAlister will be using for the battle.

As O5P is aware of this I was planning on having McAlister equipped with an Atlas I worked up. EndoSteel structure, standard 300 Fusion Engine, 3 Large Lasers (one each in the arms and center torso), and two Gauss Rifles (side torsos). It is a pretty solid variant which will hopefully provide him with some chance of taking down his opponent but might still be a tall order.

I know Bradshaw has already done some work on variants for the duelists but paramount to me is input from their individual contributors. Let me know what kind of modifications you want for these rides guys and if your Gunnery/Piloting skill numbers are unlisted please fill them in.

Shiori Noriko, Elite, Cataphract [Ice Hellion]
Catherine Kennedy, Elite, Grasshopper [Dragon Cat]
Aika Gunma, Elite (2/3), Warhammer [O5P Ghost]
Irena Petrova-Kawamoto, Elite , Griffin [Sharpnel]

Ice Hellion

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 04:37:54 PM »

I did it the old fashioned way: throwing dices.

Shiori Noriko is 3/2
As for upgrades, I must have missed the memo. What am I allowed to do?

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »

You are allowed to optimize your Mech using 3050 InnerSphere tech in order to maximize your chances of winning the duel.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »

Ok folks please have your Mechs in by the end of business today as the Trial kicks off tomorrow!

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »

Quick Summary

Well the Trial unfolded like I thought it would with the Sohei performing probably better than expecting. Shiori Noriko [Ice Hellion] bought down the Thunder Stallion with her first shot, a well-placed ER PPC blast directly to the cockpit. Likewise, the Behemoth and Warhammer IIC were also taken out with head damage in subsequent turns creating excellent salvage. Unfortunately, Catherine Kennedy [Dragon Cat] in her Grasshopper was forced to eject after taking on the Galaxy Commander in his modified Behemoth. As the battle turned against the Jaguars they lashed out with Mechwarrior Frenz breaking Zell and pouncing on Katsumi Watanabe in his Wolverine who was already engaged with another opponent. The Wolverine was soon taken out by combined fire in the resulting grand melee. Frenz’s Hunchback IIC was also consumed in the resulting reckoning unleashed by the Sohei. Regrettably, Jak “Two Guns” Warren [Doc Argen] was KIA after suffering combined fire from the Hellhound and Shadow Hawk IIC which produced multiple head hits. The Jaguars fell back toward their base which held the supplies being fought over by the combatants and the Sohei were unwilling to follow these treacherous killers. They did however fell Star Commander Dak’s Marauder even though he managed to escape.

In the end five Smoke Jaguar Mechs (Behemoth*, Supernova, Great Wyrm, Hellhound, Shadow Hawk IIC) escaped. Four Clan Mechwarriors (Sibum, Annazah, Hogah, Frenz) were KIA while Star Commander Dak was WIA but escaped. Sadly Jak “Two Guns” Warren [Doc Argen] was KIA but the rest of the Sohei remained in pretty good shape. Three (Catherine Kennedy, Aika Gunma, Katsumi Watanbe) were WIA but can probably continue to fight in the battle. Of the three Sohei Mechs disabled during the Trial only the Wolverine was destroyed all the Blazer could be salvaged it never registered a hit. The Grasshopper could be repaired but needs a lot of work which ironically means the Popcorn Popper (WHM-PP3 Warhammer) is probably in the best shape even though its pilot is no more. Don’t forget as well that three Clan Mechs (Behemoth, Thunder Stallion, Warhammer IIC) are very salvageable and are probably in even better shape than the Sohei’s damaged Mechs.

This sets up the greater battle of Rockland which will unfold as time goes on. Love to hear what you think guys. What is our next move?

Ice Hellion

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »

This sets up the greater battle of Rockland which will unfold as time goes on. Love to hear what you think guys. What is our next move?

I am missing the big picture that would allow me to give you an answer.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2019, 04:13:59 PM »

I am working on greater detail as always Ice to better explain things.

The Initial Trial was genuine offer on behalf of the Sohei who were instructed to defeat the Smoke Jaguars using Clan rules and regulations. The Jags and their commander in particular were not ones to honor an agreement with one of the most dubious Houses in the InnerSphere. Their duplicity is well known to the Children of Kerensky not only historically through their assistance given the Usurper but more recently during the invasion. Examples of their dishonorable behavior during Operation Revival from Wolcott to Luthien are well known to anyone who cares to examine their battlefield decorum. In light of the election of their new saKhan any and all measures to destroy this dezgra band while maintaining order are authorized. So the Sohei were afforded safcon and bargained with as if an honorable foe but no such deal was ever possible.

It is interesting to note that Gus and Bradshaw who played the Jaguars did so very well luring the Dragon's minions in for the kill. However I must also say the skill and damage inflicted against their forces stunned them into a deeper fight making the Jaguars "betrayal" come some three to four turns after it was originally planned. Even when they were able to position themselves around the Sohei for maximum joint strike attack it was a tempered ambush. The Jaguars withdrawal towards the supply base which the actual Trial was fought over was also a lure passed on by the Sohei. In the end the engagement was a decisive victory for the now wary and vengeful Sohei.

Ice Hellion

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »

I am working on greater detail as always Ice to better explain things.

The Initial Trial was genuine offer on behalf of the Sohei who were instructed to defeat the Smoke Jaguars using Clan rules and regulations. The Jags and their commander in particular were not ones to honor an agreement with one of the most dubious Houses in the InnerSphere. Their duplicity is well known to the Children of Kerensky not only historically through their assistance given the Usurper but more recently during the invasion. Examples of their dishonorable behavior during Operation Revival from Wolcott to Luthien are well known to anyone who cares to examine their battlefield decorum. In light of the election of their new saKhan any and all measures to destroy this dezgra band while maintaining order are authorized. So the Sohei were afforded safcon and bargained with as if an honorable foe but no such deal was ever possible.

It is interesting to note that Gus and Bradshaw who played the Jaguars did so very well luring the Dragon's minions in for the kill. However I must also say the skill and damage inflicted against their forces stunned them into a deeper fight making the Jaguars "betrayal" come some three to four turns after it was originally planned. Even when they were able to position themselves around the Sohei for maximum joint strike attack it was a tempered ambush. The Jaguars withdrawal towards the supply base which the actual Trial was fought over was also a lure passed on by the Sohei. In the end the engagement was a decisive victory for the now wary and vengeful Sohei.

I would say proceed with caution.
I can see two paths:
1. since the Smoke Jaguars are not honourable and since success is everything for the Combine, blow up everything.
2. keep on being honourable when fighting (but still play trump cards at a strategical level like Wolf's Dragoons on Misery) while knowing that the Smoke Jaguars won't be for long (and be ready for it). Send all the footages to other Clans to show them how Dezgra they are and how unwilling to fight honourably against honourable Warriors they are.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »

Trial of Honor should be the name for this whole scenario to be quite honest. I found myself asking what is bushido going in all the while presuming that the Jaguars while viewing themselves as the epitome of honor regularly violate it because well they win. To a degree I think the Jaguars have always had this attitude. Don't get me wrong they have definitely changed for the worse in regards to adherence to the code but they always struck me as the Clan no Clan wanted to mess with cause they are so damn intimidating. The Jags were always good about striking fear into their enemies, taking what they wanted, might makes right, and justifying any violation by blaming the other party involved.

One thing I am reviewing is which other Clans liked or were allied with the Smoke Jaguars and even the among the Jade Falcons who were their only true peer ally they were not particularly liked. Perhaps Burrock was friendly but that could just be a lack of information but who else??

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »

With their change in Khan do they really care what others think of them?

At most this expedities the death of the Jaguars imo and this time it will probably be at the hand of Absorption or Annihilation Trial from a Clan, especially one looking for access to an invasion corridor.

NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up