OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spelling, grammar, and editing.  (Read 6731 times)

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Spelling, grammar, and editing.
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »

...I enjoy spelling, grammar, and editing.  Strange, I know.  But I enjoy it.  I find errors in almost everything - I can generally cut out a page or so of 10 pages of text.  PM something to me, and it should be done fairly quickly, depending on its size.

Trace Coburn

• Sergeant
  • Родина и свобода!
Re: Spelling, grammar, and editing.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »

...I enjoy spelling, grammar, and editing.  Strange, I know.  But I enjoy it.  I find errors in almost everything - I can generally cut out a page or so of 10 pages of text.  PM something to me, and it should be done fairly quickly, depending on its size.
  For what it's worth, I just realised that the last twelve years' reading and writing fan-fiction has really honed my own knack for this kind of stuff, too.  I won't say I enjoy it, but considering that I just went through the entirety of Era Report: 3062 for typos, bobbled punctuation and missing words and posted the results to CBT's Errata board, I can manage well enough.  (I know there's at least one AU here on OBT that I'm sorry to say I simply can't engage with because this 'knack' keeps getting in the way....  :'()
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:16:10 AM by Trace Coburn »

Developer-in-Chief, Renegade Tech 2.0

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:14:51 PM »

I do the same thing with the official releases, but because I write so fast and know what I am trying to say, I miss many of my own errors, depsite being a stickler for good work.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:46:34 AM »

I do the same thing with the official releases, but because I write so fast and know what I am trying to say, I miss many of my own errors, depsite being a stickler for good work.

...You're teasing, right...?   ;)

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:12:23 AM »

No, I'm always finding errors in my work and seeing better ways of presenting and writing the detail: It is a never ending cycle.  The official Kapteyn YiR 3023 is in about its 6th edition insode of 1 year and the rules have seen more changes than I can remember.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Dread Moores

• Overste
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »

(I know there's at least one AU here on OBT that I'm sorry to say I simply can't engage with because this 'knack' keeps getting in the way....  :'()

Steer clear of my blue-collar work then.  ;)
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 02:11:15 AM »

No, I'm always finding errors in my work and seeing better ways of presenting and writing the detail: It is a never ending cycle.  The official Kapteyn YiR 3023 is in about its 6th edition insode of 1 year and the rules have seen more changes than I can remember.

...I have to force myself to leave well enough alone and concentrate on pushing myself to put it all down.  Because of my boring job, I can write all my ideas down, but finding time at home to type is something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up