OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mark of Amaris  (Read 4188 times)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
The Mark of Amaris
« on: January 26, 2023, 04:37:32 PM »

A

Terrans who collaborated with the Usurper were tried by the Special Court for Renewal (SCR) quickly setup by the Last Cameron following the Liberation. Cases were to be heard as swiftly as possible by Tribunals established specifically for the propose of renewing order in the devastated Hegemony hence their name. Developed by SLDF JAG officer Solomon Tracy for criminal acts of association with Amaris during the Occupation for which there was no statue of limitations. If the accused was convicted they were placed into a three tiered system which classified and punished them according to their level of complicity.
The lowest level was known as an Accessory who had been peripherally involved with the Emperor in some fashion. These most common offenders received time-based sentences which varied in severity for their transgressions and could eventually be worked off. This usually took the form of some sort of forced labor to help rebuild the battered Hegemony as fast as possible. An Abettor who actively encouraged, supported, provided aid or public approval to the Usurper during his reign faced Exile. While an Accomplice who knowingly helped Amaris, often as a subordinate in his regime, faced Death.
All the convicted, even the condemned, had to wear the dreaded ‘Mark of Amaris’ on their bodies as dictated by the Court. While Accessories could have this crimson ‘A’ placed on different area which could possibly be concealed and even removed one day Abettors and Accomplices had it far worse. Their mark was placed directly on their forehead where it could be easily identified for the rest of their days. While the Courts did follow Star League law and Terran jurisprudence appeals were not allowed which critics have widely panned. This rush to judgement was done with a swift finality in order to restore civil society and establish justice for unprecedented crimes against humanity.

muttley

• Lojtnant
Re: The Mark of Amaris
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 12:24:57 AM »

I like it.  Great idea.
"It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men than we imagined we could be -- and no worse than we feared." Drago Museveni, CY 8451

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 03:06:53 PM »

Thanks Muttley, I was inspired by some of the new canon detailed in Operation Liberation II and the Yellowstone TV series when thinking about the possible ‘fix.’ Admittedly I didn’t start with BT Shattered Dawn but rather was thinking about a ComStar Terran Protectorate following a larger Operation Silver Shield. I’d love to get a little deeper on this concept with the exact nature of the brand/tattoo either officially or unofficially. Uniform standard or size of this ‘A’ along with a color or design would be great. This could range from an official Mark handed down by the SCR which could be some special tattoo that is difficult or impossible to remove. It could be combined possibly with an implant which tracks offenders throughout their sentence.  I could also see a band of roving vigilantes travelling throughout the InnerSphere during the 1st Succession War to enforce their justice on the guilty. Their Marks would hardly be official and could be a simple brand burned into a collaborators' forehead on some far-off world.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:07:28 PM by Takiro »

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 03:02:08 AM »

It reminds me of Lady de Winter in the 3 Musketeers.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5
Pages: [1]   Go Up