OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From the Field Manual Portion of Handbook Elysium Republic  (Read 7781 times)

JPArbiter

• General
  • Host of Arbitration. Your last word in Battletech
From the Field Manual Portion of Handbook Elysium Republic
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »

When my Compatriot High Test and I made the Elysian Republic, we knew that in addition to a robust ground army, we wanted a couple of crazy military groups.  the first one, the Lioness Combat Team, was easy as it was my private "friends and family" fan fic merc unit.  the ORC on the otherhand, was born out of the craziness that was TRO 3075.

Orbital Response Commandos
Created in preparation of Operation Thermopylae, the O.R.C. has a simple yet deadly mission.  That Mission is to drop a battalion of heavy BattleMechs from orbit into the middle of a firefight and crush anything not friendly.  To date they have been deployed in combat roles 12 times, each time the battalion thoroughly demolishing the opposition with minimal friendly casualties.  The Insignia of the Orbital Response command is a Hammerhands battlemech in a ready position, standing atop a pile of bullet casings.

Colors: the O.R.C paints their Mechs ash grey with black paneling.  The head and shoulders of each Mech is painted Blue, Green, or Red depending on which company they belong to. Individual pilots have adorned their machines with other decorations, such as “Adios” on autocannon barrels, or “Have A Nice Day” painted in bright letters on the back

Tactics: when the O.R.C. is called to the battlefield, the time for finesse is long past.  36 Hammerhands Mechs Drop from orbit, land, and destroy everything in sight that is not another O.R.C.

Officers: Major John Price is a no nonsense elite solider, and expects the same from his men.  Kill quickly; kill clean, kill precise is his motto.  His Staff Sergeant Augustus MacGregor is quite the opposite, being loud, over the top and spastic.

ERS Aquilonia
Elite Crew/Reliable
CO: Captain
The Aquilonia, once the ship of the Lioness Combat Team (and only given up begrudgingly) has its origins as a AFFS Robinson Transport that was bought for scrap by the Rim Worlds with plans to be refurbished.  Those plans came into fruition in the 31st century, with the rechristened vessel activated in time to serve in Operation SCOUR.

Orbital Response Commandos
BattleMech Battalion/Elite/Fanatical
Major John Price
Composed entirely out of Hammerhands BattleMechs, the O.R.C. is well equipped for its intended mission.  Typically a solider in the O.R.C. either musters out after five years or is promoted.  A strict training regime keeps every member of the O.R.C. in the top 5% of all BattleMech operators in the EDF.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

WHAT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT!

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
Re: From the Field Manual Portion of Handbook Elysium Republic
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »

Nice Very Nice
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »

Robinson Transport + Hammerhands Battlemech = Barney Stinson levels of awesome.
BattleTech products aren't Pokemon Cards. You don't have to catch, or collect them all.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »

Hammerhands?

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Dread Moores

• Overste
The first one to use the term Dork Age loses.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »

Hammerhands?

an intro tech mech that, where it around in 1986, no one would have missed the Warhammer.  heck the Hammerhands and Battleaxe are both superior in my mind.

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:34:40 AM »

In gameplay terms at least. It has strategic issues - slower and more ammo dependent - but that doesn't matter for a skirmish.

I do like it though.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »

Yeah, lets also keep in mind how this unit operates.  It drops mechs from orbit onto a hot zone and smashes everything, loads up into a dropship and awaits the next sortie.  these are shock troops to the Nth degree.  They do not take battlefields, they destroy them.  They Do not Hold Territory, they clear it for others to hold.  if there is a regiment hiding in the woods, they set the trees on fire.

OOHRAH!

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »

Now that is outstanding philosphy MechCommander!

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »

I was misunderstood.  ::)
I don't think that Hammerhands are the best 'Mechs for this job.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »

I was misunderstood.  ::)
I don't think that Hammerhands are the best 'Mechs for this job.

best mech for the job?  no, I could argue the Falconer would be better.

but there was a certain synergy between the ship and the mech.  and the twin heavy autocannon nature of the Hammerhands makes me happy in places I can not talk about in certain company.

I guess I should also mention what Hammerhands variant is used, shouldn't I?

http://ourbattletech.com/forum/mechfactory/hmh-5orc-hammerhands/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:04:05 PM by JPArbiter »

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »

Another Military Unit from High-Tests and my fan book in progressOne of our Planetary Militias, that just so happens to be guarding our primary shipyard planets

Marseilles Planetary Defense Force
While the Elysian Republic holds a great deal of stock by the hollowed out asteroid that was their primary shipyard, Marseilles’ planetary defense force seems dedicated more to the newer orbital yards than defending the planet itself. the entire PDF is reinforced with a full Tactical Fighter Squadron and full infantry regiment making Marseilles the only PDF with built in aerospace forces.

Colors:  Combat elements on the surface prefer to paint their machines in bright green, occasionally with violet highlights.  The 13th Space Marines paint their XCT Hard Suits and Battle Armor a bright blue to easily distinguish between friend and foe. The 32nd Tactical fighter Squadron paint their BattleMechs a flat black to better blend into their space environments.

Officers: General Charlotte DeGaulle is a laconic commander preferring to give broad objectives and letting her subordinate officers work out the details.  Some argue this is a sign of incompetence, others strategic brilliance.  Colonel Bob Gullman is an expert at Zero Gee Combat, as is his 13th Space Marines Regiment.  As a result Gullman spends most of his time giving lectures and training other units in Zero Gee certification, leaving his XO, Marcus Calgar in functional command.

201st Republican lancers
Mech Battalion/Regular/Reliable
CO: General Charlotte DeGaulle
the 201st Republican Lancers are another unit named from a Rim Worlds Republic force, though with no official ties to their parent unit.  They are quite fond of the Guillotine, Phoenix Hawk, and Locust.

7th Armored
Heavy Armor Battalion /Green/Questionable
Though well trained and well equipped, the 7th armored performs poorly in war games, to the point where they often surrender at the moment they lose momentum.  This has lead to much scorn from other tank regiments in the EDF, referring to them as “Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys.”  General De Gaulle has been working tirelessly to rebuild the Armored’s Morale, to little effect.

32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron
Tactical Fighter Squadron/Regular/Reliable
CO: Major Benjamin Gruber

13th Space Marines
Infantry Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
CO: Colonel Bob Gullman
The only 100% Battle Armor equipped and XTC certified infantry unit in the entire EDF, the 13th Space Marines are split mostly between the various recharge stations, and shipyard, with minimal presence on the ground.  Due to this arraignment the 13th can deploy to any hot spot on Marseille within 30 minutes, giving them one of the fastest response times in the EDF’s planetary defense forces.

JPArbiter

• General
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »

Finally we get to the meat of the EDF, the first of two front line Divisions

First Division: The Peacemakers

Founded from the core of the Peacemakers mercenary battalion, the Peacemakers have run on a philosophy of hard-hitting lightning warfare since their creation.  After the conclusion of the Jihad, General Hallis began systematically reorganizing and building up his erstwhile unit to best act on their new charter; the protection of the citizens of the Elysian Republic from all enemies, foreign and domestic.  Within ten years a reinforced Battalion grew to the size of full BattleMech Regiment and supporting Brigades of armor and infantry.  To date the First Division is still the most prestigious military post a member of the EDF can be assigned, and retired members fly the colors of the unit proudly, well into old age.   The Insignia is the same as the Blue Star Irregulars, with crossed revolvers under the Blue Star of Kerensky.

Colors: paying homage to their roots as the Blue Star Irregulars, the 1st Division Battlemechs paint their machines a solid dark blue scheme that appears black under any but the best lighting.  1st Division armor paints their tanks an appropriate Drab (olive for woodland/mountian, Slate for City, White for Arctic and Yellow for Desert) with with complimenting Breaker Striping. ( Brown, Red, Pale Blue or Slate)

Tactics: Staying true to the “hit hard before they have a chance to punch back” the 1st Division largely focuses on mobile warfare, preferring to close quickly and keep foes off balance.  Every member is extensively trained to relay information to other elements quickly and efficiently, minimizing any Blue/Blue incidents in the chaos of war.

Officers:

TAS Georges Clemenceau
Captain Samantha Kim /Veteran crew/ Fanatical
An article in the EDF military charter leaves the Dart Class Cruiser Georges Clemenceau constantly on the roster of the First Division, where it has served as the primary transport and support vessel since the days of the Peacemakers.  The Clemenceau’s crew is well trained in orbit to surface support fire. 

21st Rim Worlds Regiment “The Phoenix”
BattleMech Regiment/ Veteran/ Fanatical
CO: General Yitzchak Gvaram
The Phoenix was refurbished recently, receiving a fair amount of new material as the Jihad era hodgepodge has been phased out.  Like the Star League from so long before, the 21st often fields entire companies of one design.  The 21st is a decidedly top-heavy unit, but mass does not hamper their adherence to the “Hallis doctrine of lightning warfare.”  Their commanding officer is almost always the first one off and last one aboard the ERS Bonhomme Richard, the Conquistador dropship that has carried the 21st for the past forty-three years.

1894th Light Horse Regiment- “The Little Boys”
BattleMech Regiment/ Regular/Reliable
CO:  Colonel Asaf Mizrahi
A much lighter composition than the 21st regiment, but no less well equipped, the 1894th possesses a tactical and strategic mobility that allows it to harass foes on multiple fronts efficiently.  Taking to the Badger Omnimech and Wolverine II very well they have used their assets to effectively repel at least ten separate pirate raids without having to call on support from the Armored Corps or PDFs.

1st Armored Brigade
2 Armor Regiments/Regular/Reliable
CO:  Brigadier General Tali Dayan

1st Elysian Manticores “The First and Only”
        CO:  Colonel Jung Dae-Kim

41st Marseille Cannoniers
        CO:  Lt. Colonel Marion Forestier

2nd Armored Brigade
2 Armor Regiments/Regular/Reliable

18th New Edinburgh Panzers
        CO Lt Colonel Hirosuke Matsunaka

32nd Seoul Strikers
        CO: Lt. Colonel Arnold Vakarian

The 1st Armored is made up entirely of combat assets, limiting  thier ability to provide engineering support to the Division.  One of every 3 vehicles is an upgraded Manticore tank with other vehicles appearing where they are needed.  Because each armored Regiment is deployed to one of three Alpha Colonies, and their makeup is well suited to native environments, the 1st Armored is able to respond quickly to threats, though not with overwhelming force.  the 2nd Armored is Structured in a more traditional manner, with rougly one Battalion of the Brigade being dedicated to non combat applications.

103rd Infantry Brigade
3 Infantry Regiments/Regular/Questionable
CO Brigadier General Ibrahim Hakim

15th Mechanized Cavalry
        CO Major Robert Fisher
    20th El Dorado Rifles
        CO Major Karl Chrisholm
    4th Engineers Regiment
        CO Lt. Colonel Natasha Abrosimova

Thanks to the reinforced nature of EDF infantry, including VTOL and artillery assets the 103rd is able to be widespread and react with proper force in a given situation.  Built in battle armor platoons in each infantry company are able to provide heavy firepower in a needed situation.  Discipline has become a problem in the 103rd however with members being more loyal to the planet they are stationed on than the Republic as a whole.

8th Tactical Fighter Squadron “The Seekers”
Tactical Fighter Squadron/Elite/Reliable
CO: Major  Charles Latta

Another side effect of being assigned the Clemenceau is that the 1st Division can call on the 8th Tactical Fighter Squadron for support when needed.  Well trained in ground support and air superiority options, the 8th have consistently ranked Number 1 among TFS in the Elysian navy, making them the flagship of aerospace units.  Each 12 plane squadron of the 8th paints their planes according to their squadron call sign - blue, white, and black.

Pages: [1]   Go Up