OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Talon - A Dark Falcons Tale Chp8 Pt2  (Read 32853 times)

Rayo Azul

• Overste Lojtnant
    • Sudden Dearth
Re: Talon - A Dark Falcons Tale Chp7
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »

I have up to Chapter 10 finished and thought I had posted it originally. Apparently not  :o

I am re/reading it and trying to get myself back into the story, as the Dark Falcons were always the muse for my other stories.

In any case, I will post those already done once I have gone through them.

Cheers

Rayo

MechRat

• Knightmare's Evil Minion
  • Network Gnome
  • Generalmajor
  • I just keep things moving here...
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 06:27:20 AM »

I have up to Chapter 10 finished and thought I had posted it originally. Apparently not  :o

I am re/reading it and trying to get myself back into the story, as the Dark Falcons were always the muse for my other stories.

In any case, I will post those already done once I have gone through them.

Cheers

Rayo

It's good to have this story back as well, Rayo! I shall have to go back and read again from the beginning. :)

Rayo Azul

• Overste Lojtnant
    • Sudden Dearth
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 01:47:57 PM »

It's what I had to do  ;)

Rayo Azul

• Overste Lojtnant
    • Sudden Dearth
Re: Talon - A Dark Falcons Tale Chp8 Pt1
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:03 AM »

Chapter Eight

Goliath System
Deep Periphery
Dark Falcons Protectorate, 05th July 3157

“Okay,” Seamus drew focus back upon himself, “we also need to ready ourselves.”
“For what exactly?” asked the XO.
“A new assault on our position and where we go next. I want a course plotted and ready for the moment the Engine Room is ours.”
“And, where would that be?” The XO seemed more curious than worried.
“Come with me,” said Seamus, trailed by Frakman as he made his way to the holomap, “we have a meeting to keep.”
Vera had taken control of her group, although Lupus merely grinned and followed. There would need to be a reckoning, of that she was sure, but now was not the time. McVay had given her a job to do and she meant to do it well.
“Psst!”
Lupus’ stage whisper was almost a roar and Vera’s face darkened with anger. The big man merely shook his head and pointed to the junction of corridors ahead. She too now heard the murmur of voices and the wavering of the shadows of armed men, in the more subdued lighting of Battle Stations. She pointed a finger a Lupus and two others, indicating that they were to remain where they were. He smiled and waved her forward, taking up his position, the Ratings with him watching nervously.
Dismissing Lupus from her mind, Vera arranged her own people before the approaching junction. She took her position right next to the wall where it ended, ducking down and readying herself to peer round the corner. A bark of laughter from behind her, reminded Vera that she was not perhaps, the most obvious of choices as scout, but the rattle of readied weapons focussed her. When this was all over, she would kill Lupus.
Her arm was raised in preparation for the attack when Lupus charged past, howling his challenge, the two Ratings following close behind.

Warehouse District
Space Port
Winfield

A dark figure detached itself from the sparse cover of shadow given by the looming warehouse. Black armour reflected no light; this was no Elemental, rather a lightly protected and enhance human. For a moment the figure stopped, cocking its head as though listening, before sprinting across the open space into cover once more.
Two jeeps and a hover truck appeared from behind the building, pulling up to a stop and disgorging troops. The growl of a tank engine was heard and the thud of Mech feet. Confident grins began to appear on the soldiers’ faces and they relaxed visibly.
In his armour, hidden by shadow and technology, Williams grimaced. He had almost been clear, his ride waiting for him just beyond the next line of buildings. A digitised clock counted down in the right-hand side of his HUD, and he knew that he must do something. Typically he saw the humorous side of the situation  and the grand opportunity presented to him to cause even more damage. Decision taken he sub-vocalised his orders, unclipping the detonator control from his belt and reprogramming it. He carefully laid it down behind a nearby crate, checking that the countdown mimicked that before his eyes and reached behind for his sword. Pistol now in his other hand, he confirmed his final orders and attacked.

Rayo Azul

• Overste Lojtnant
    • Sudden Dearth
Re: Talon - A Dark Falcons Tale Chp8 Pt2
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »

Although his orders were specific, Williams always worked within a wide swath of lenience; Mattlov cherished the man’s abilities and he and his team had done much to prepare the older soldier for what was about to happen. This mission in itself was supposed to be one of information gathering, but Williams had identified an opportunity to sow discord and mischief. He was good at it.

His frontal assault was entirely unexpected and completely foolhardy, or it would have been if it had in fact been a direct attack. He wanted to sting and enrage them, unbalance and annoy the enemy soldiers and make them careless. As he fired his pistol into the body of one of the foot soldiers, the backswing of his sword opened the belly of another. Cannon fire peppered the area, as a spotlight burst into life.

“Stand,” roared a voice amplified by the Mech’s external speakers, “or I fire!”

Williams fired the rest of his ammunition clip in the general direction of the Mech and ran. Beams of intermittent blue light pierced the darkened streets as the Mechwarrior opened up with his PPC. Williams was not an easy target. He was already following his pre-mapped escape route, making enough noise to suck in his foes. It was as he left the shelter of the warehouse and dove into a sewer pipe that his HUD flicked onto zero. The results were spectacular.

“Thanks for coming,” said Williams, as he lifted his face from the foul-smelling muck which coated the bottom of the pipe, “do call again.”

Behind him the warehouse burned, the statuesque figure of a Mech hung upright for a moment, before it collapsed into the maelstrom below. Williams never did things by half, and the mines had shattered the machine’s feet, breaking them off at the ankle. Liquid fire spilled out from the incendiary rounds fixed to the overhead stanchions, the gel-like material sticking and burning its way through resistant armour. It really had not been a fair contest.

Goliath System
Deep Periphery

Lupus smashed his fist into the face in front of him. Blood fountained outwards, joined instantly by teeth fragments. The two Ratings steamed in with boots stomping. They ignored Vera who barrelled into Lupus, her arms encircling his waist as she roared her anger.

The big man laughed, “Told you she loved me!”

He made a lie of the statement, leaping back and driving her head into the wall behind him.

“Seamus told me to keep an eye on you,” he grunted, “but I think that we will have more fun if you quieten down a little.”

Vera struggled to her feet, “It is time you learned who is in charge here!”
“Seamus,” he said, “even I know that.”

A rifle butt pounded into the back of her neck, completing Lupus’ work for him. He grinned at Vera’s companions.”

“She needs to learn a few social skills,” pontificated Lupus, rubbing his hands, “but I do not have the time to teach her right now.”

One of the Ratings handed him a pistol.

“Okay,” said Lupus, “Seamus told us to clean ship. Let’s get on with it.”

“Look here,” said Seamus, indicating the holo tank in general, “we seem to be a little surrounded. In order for us to change these circumstances we need to contact our allies, and I am afraid that is the least of our problems.”

The XO studied the array of icons, recognising that the only friendlies were here on their ship.

“I think that you are underestimating the degree of difficulty we face,” he said, tracing his finger slowly around the outline of the Talon. Even as they watched, red lights flickered out around the Engine Room access corridor.

“It seems Lupus and Vera are working well together,” mumbled the XO, “I thought there would be... complications.”

Frakman coughed theatrically and Seamus smiled, “I never had any doubts. So, back to our new destination.”

“Winfield?”

Seamus nodded, recognising both shock and fear in the XO’s voice.

“No-one will be expecting such a move. At least no-one except our allies.”

“Ignoring for the moment the rest of the forces surrounding us, and the inherent problem of leaving the system,” the XO asked, his tone ironic, “will we have any allies on the planet?”

“That I am sure of,” replied Seamus, “our enemies seem to have a passion for underestimating us, even though they know we are Dark Falcons.”
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up