OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IIC Vehicle Program (Design Contest)  (Read 16827 times)

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
Re: IIC Vehicle Program (Design Contest)
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 02:12:29 AM »

Ok - my delayed entry into the Quicksilver Vehicle program is a variant of the Ku.  Its late, and I have to go to work in the morning, so the trailers will be added tomorrow.  Lucky for me, they're pretty easy - it should take longer to type them than design and calculate them.

The trailers for my entry are produced by various Clans for trial purposes, although the Diamond Sharks have made a limited number of Erliks available for testing purposes under contract, for now.  Also I'm looking into the vehicular drop-chutes of TO, but I can't make sense of the rules right now.

And the name is cool - fits in with the Mongol naming theme.  I like it.

ERLIK SUPPORT TRACTOR

Mass: 50 Tons
Motive Type: Wheeled
Power Plant: 280 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 64.7 kph
Flank Speed: 97.4 kph
Armor: Compound JX4
Armament:
  2 ER-ML
  2 LRM-5
  MechMortar/8
  Active Probe
  4 A-Pods
  Searchlight

Manufacturer: Diamond Sharks
Primary Factory: Various
Communications System: Build 1685 Tacticom
Targeting and Tracking System: Series VI Integrated TTS

OVERVIEW

As the Clans enthusiastically embraced the Quicksilver Program and the return to the Inner Sphere, only the most pessimistic (or progressive) chose to upgrade the vehicle designs that filled the Clan’s garrison units.  In a rare show of Clan unity, Watch officers from across the Clans quietly conferred on the qualities needed in a new garrison vehicle designed from the ground up to assist the Watch in Intelligence gathering and counter-insurgency across the Occupation Zones.  Ably assisted by senior Goliath Scorpion researchers, Scientists and Technicians quickly identified the Clan Ku (originally developed from the SLDF Turhan) as being able to provide the basis of a new design.
     Aware that the outnumbered garrisons and Watch detachments could never afford to spread their forces or Intelligence assets thin enough to adequately cover their areas of operation, engineers arranged to incorporate trailers into the manufacturing process to create multiple variants with a minimum of expensive components.

CAPABILITIES

Serving as an independent vehicle, a 280-rated engine drives the 50-ton Erlik at speeds up to 97 kph.  Armed with paired turret-mounted ER-MLs and LRM-5s, the Erlik is generally considered unsuitable for frontline service.  However, the Mech Mortar/8, one of the oldest indirect support weapons still available to the Clans (and thus one widely available at Brian Caches across the Clan homeworlds) allows the Erlik to utilize the multiple ammunition types available to tailor its capabilities to the situation.  Provided an expensive Active Probe to locate and avoid attempts to ambush it, the four-man crew of the Erlik is protected by only six tons of armor but uses an AMS system and A-Pods to reduce damage.
     The multiple trailers under consideration utilize a common base (with a 10-ER Fusion engine from the failed Harpy ProtoMech and four tons of standard armor) to allow the Erlik to further adapt to its surroundings; from providing missile, direct-fire, or Artillery support (the Erlik/A, /B, or /C Configurations) during the battle to providing barracks and hospital facilities (the /D and /E Configurations) for front-line or garrison Clusters in the field after the battle, the Erlik is able to convey and detach trailers to operate independently and reduce the amount of resources required to provide secure facilities in remote areas.
     Expected to make major contributions to the Clans, the Watch-oriented trailers available are designed to provide Intelligence gathering and Interrogation facilities (the Erlik/F and /G Configurations), and more are under development to fulfill niche requirements on smaller trailers using the Erlik to deploy them in the field.

DEPLOYMENT

While still under development, the Erlik promises to spread to both Homeworld and Invading Clans, its combination of low production costs and the versatility of its trailers make it an intriguing addition to the Clans’ garrison forces.

Type: Erlik Support Tractor
Technology Base: Clan Vehicle
Movement Type: Wheeled
Tonnage: 50 Tons

Equipment                           Mass
Internal Structure:                        5.0
Engine:            280               16
   Type:            Fusion
   Cruising MP:         6
   Flank MP:         9
Heat Sinks:            10               0
Control Equipment:                        2.5
Lift Equipment:                        0
Turret:                            .5
Armor Factor:             96 AP             6

Armor Value   
   Front             21
   Right/Left Side               21/21
   Rear            12
   Turret            21

Weapons and Ammo:      Location         Tonnage
2 ER-Medium Lasers         Turret            2
2 LRM-5                              Turret             2
AMS                                     Turret            .5
Searchlight                         Turret            .5
MechMortar/8                  Front             5
A-pod                                  Front              .5
A-pod                                  Left                 .5
A-pod                                  Right              .5
A-pod                                  Rear               .5
Active probe                      Body              1
Ammo (LRM) 48                Body              2
Ammo (MM) 32                Body              4
Ammo (AMS) 24               Body              1
Trailer Hitch                      Rear                0

Types of Trailers Available (All Trailers are 50 Tons, with 10 ER fusion engine, 5 T of IS, 2.5 T of Control Systems, 4 T of armor and crew of 4.)
Missile Support - 8 LRM-15 W/TAG in a Turret, 5 Ammo, 1 x A-pod
Direct-fire Support - 3 LB10-X in a turret, 4 Ammo, 1x A-Pod
Artillery Support - 2 x Arrow IV, 2 LRM-10 in a turret, 5/2 Ammo (Arrow IV/LRM), 1 A-Pod
Barracks - Both BA and standard Infantry, temporary lower Caste quarters
Intelligence - Comm equipment, Infantry Bay
Hospital - Surgical Bays, infantry bays, Cargo, Sponson-mounted MGs
Prison - Interrogation cells, Infantry Bays, Turret-mounted MG Arrays,
+a couple more later (maybe)

Note - the tow vehicle and trailers can also use the VDC (vehicular Drop Chute) system for insertion into remote areas by DropShip.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 10:24:46 PM »

Interesting Red Pins, I have to say your fluff is very solid and to the point. Never heard of Erlik before but the name fits the Clans very well. The Ku (original by way of the Turhan) just from its art is a solid pick as a basis for a tractor trailer design. The 280 Fusion Engine is an excellent choice which could be from a number of old 70 ton Mechs (Archer Guillotine, and Warhammer come to mind immediately). Did you forget the Shielding required for Vehicles however, I only see the 16 tons for the Engine??

As for the rest it looks very intriguing. I'd love to use it in the future if possible but sadly not for TRO3054 as you missed the deadline. Sorry.

Nice job!

Red Pins

• KU Player
  • Generalmajor
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 11:46:25 PM »

****!  Yup.  Jees, you know you're old when!  I have got to get HMP on the new box before I embaress myself.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 03:06:18 AM »

I need that myself. I got an idea but need to flesh it out. It looks like the govt might reactivate The North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco to deal with low level threats that are currently being take care of by A-10 Warthogs . The North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco is an American turboprop light attack and observation aircraft.It was developed in the 1960s as a special aircraft for counter-insurgency (COIN) combat, and one of its primary missions was as a forward air control (FAC) aircraft. It can carry up to three tons of external munitions, internal loads such as paratroops or stretchers, and can loiter for three or more hours. This plane would weigh in between a Boomerang Spotter Plane and the Angel Recon/Fast Strike Plane. This plane could be used by the Watch and The Ebon Keshik to deal with rebels and lightly armed insurgency troops.
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:55 AM »

Stuff happens Red Pins. It is a fine overall concept. I also appreciate the fact your trying the best you can bud.

Sounds like an idea Gabe. I'd like to see it.

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »

Yeah I am getting my hands on a laptop and HMPro then I am up and running
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:31 PM »

Here is my take on JPArbiter's Magi IIC submission. Love to hear what everyone thinks!

QUETZALCOATL COMMAND TANK
Mass: 70 tons
Motive Type: Tracked
Power Plant: Fusion 280
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Flank Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Compound E91 Ferro-Fibrous
Armament: 3 Series 2d Extended Range Medium Lasers
   2 Series IX Machine Guns
Manufacturer: LM VA 11-43
Primary Factory: Sheridan
Communications System: ASE Vigilant Mark 1 with ECM Suite
Targeting and Tracking System: Lynx RM with Active Probe

OVERVIEW
Despite several attempts to utilize the Star League Magi Tank during the Quicksilver Trails finding a place for this old design among the Clans proved exceptionally difficult. The Heavy Infantry Support Tank was hardly an asset to most Clans who viewed it as a historic footnote worthy of museum space. Even some proponents of modernization viewed it as under-armed and no longer fast enough for the modern battlefield joking that the Magi’s tough outer shell was excellent for target practice during new weapons tests. The Star Adder evaluators felt that they could create a unique combat vehicle that would be valuable to future operations.
 Their unorthodox proposal was to create a well armored mobile headquarters that would enhance a commander’s strategic assessment. As Clan warriors always led from the front in one fashion or another the suggestion was nearly dismissed out of hand. Clarifying that this Command Tank would serve as a clearinghouse for information and not the actual place from which an officer commands engineers secured permission for prototype testing. By downsizing the engine designers were able to install several new features as well as upgrading the weaponry and armor that won grudging approval from Khan N’Buta who dubbed it the Quetzalcoatl. 

CAPABILITIES
   In order to make room for improvements Adder scientists decided to reduce the Magi’s 350 Fusion Engine to a Fusion 280. This smaller power plant was garnered from many different designs like ancient Archers and Warhammers as well as the newer Grasshopper IIC, Grizzly, and Guillotine IIC. While this decision dropped the top speed of the Tank by more than twenty kph it opened up twenty and a half tons for additional equipment. The ‘popgun’ armament was marginally improved with three Series 2d Extended Range Medium Lasers replacing the original standard models. Two Series IX Machine Guns rounded out this non-combatant’s arsenal which is really only meant to engage infantry and perhaps light vehicles.
Twelve and half tons of Compound E91 Ferro-Fibrous from the Ishtar replace an earlier Star League version of that advanced armor. This high tech plating along with three additional armored tons offered close to a thirty percent improvement in protection. While the Lynx RM Targeting and Tracking System was held over from the Magi this new incarnation adds an Active Probe and an ECM Suite. These supplemental electronic systems allowed the Command Tank to operate effectively in the most hostile battlefield environments.  A five-ton Infantry Compartment allows for a variety of armed troopers or VIPs to be securely transported through recently conquered or unpacified areas.
   The keystone of the Quetzalcoatl is the newly designed Clan communication system, the ASE Vigilant Mark 1. This cutting edge gear which weighs seven-tons creates a mobile headquarters which is nearly identical to its Star League forerunner. This facility is complete with a holographic control center which continuously displays terrain, troop movements, and weather conditions as well as a sophisticated battle computer that makes projections and even suggestions based on available data. This equipment enables the Command Tank to monitor remote sensors or link with satellites, orbiting spacecraft, and even HPGs to effectively coordinate activities. 

DEPLOYMENT
Serving as a heavily armored information hub the Quetzalcoatl is staffed by strategic analysts from the Watch. These operatives continually process real time intelligence and update field commanders regularly. None of these vehicles has yet to appear in battle so the effective of its deployment cannot be gauged. Only Wolf and Diamond Shark have expressed any interest in the Command Tank acquiring several refit kits for their Toumans. While the Wolves will likely follow the Adder’s plans to utilize these machines the Sharks have indicated merchants might be allowed to help staff their Quetzalcoatls. These hardened communication hubs could help establish ChatterWeb affiliates quickly on conquered worlds. 

Type: Quetzalcoatl Command Tank
Movement Type: Tracked
Tonnage: 70 tons

Equipment                           Mass
Internal Structure:                         7
Engine:            280               24
   Type:            Fusion
   Cruising MP:         4
   Flank MP:         6
Heat Sinks:            15               5
Control Equipment:                        3.5
Lift Equipment:                        0
Turret:                            0
Armor Factor:            240               12.5

Armor Value   
   Front             80
   Right/Left Side               60/60
   Rear            40

Weapons and Ammo:      Location         Tonnage
ER Medium Laser         Front            1
ER Medium Laser         Right            1
ER Medium Laser         Left            1
2 Machine Guns         Front            .5
Ammo (Machine Gun) 100      Body            .5
Active Probe            Body            1
ECM Suite            Body            1
Communications Equipment      Body            7
Infantry Compartment       Body            5

drakensis

• Duke of Avalon
  • KU Player
  • General
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 02:48:18 AM »

I'd agree that the Wolves would be interested in such a mobile command centre, IIRC the 2nd Jade Falcon novel did have a Wolf Star Colonel commanding from a field HQ not from his 'Mech, so clearly it's something they don't object to too much.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »

I'd agree that the Wolves would be interested in such a mobile command centre, IIRC the 2nd Jade Falcon novel did have a Wolf Star Colonel commanding from a field HQ not from his 'Mech, so clearly it's something they don't object to too much.

Not very Clanlike (at least in the early parts of Operation Revival) but an interesting idea.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

I suppose if a Commander was bid out of an assault such placement could be plausible. Thanks for the input guys!

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

I suppose if a Commander was bid out of an assault such placement could be plausible. Thanks for the input guys!

Bidding out your Commander? That would mean that he can't lead even from a HQ.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 08:13:52 PM »

Okay folks sorry this took so long but this should finish the designs for conventional vehicles for TRO 3054. I'm gonna work on the section overview and using existing art we should be able to wrap this first area of the fanbook up so we can move on to the next. Enjoy the Shiva and Tyr!

SHIVA HEAVY TANK
Mass: 65 tons
Power Plant: Magna 260 Fusion Engine
Armament: 1 Type 9 Ultra Autocannon/10
   1 Type X “Shortbow” LRM-10 Launcher with Artemis IV FCS
   1 Series 2d Extended Range Medium Laser
   1 Series 1 Extended Range Small Laser
   1 “Hellfire” Series II Flamer
Manufacturer: New Kent Armor Works
Primary Factory: New Kent
Communications System: Build 1685/3 Tacticom
Targeting and Tracking System: Build 2 JRD TTS with Artemis IV FCS

OVERVIEW
The Federated Commonwealth's Rommel and Patton Tanks were an unpleasant surprise for the Clans. These lowslung tanks were substantially harder to defeat than they expected based on their Homeworld equivalents. Both the Oro Heavy Tank and Ishtar Heavy Fire Support Tank featured heavier firepower but lack the durability of the Inner Sphere designs. It was Diamond Shark that first saw potential in the design, presenting a high tech modularized version for the Thirty Fifth Quicksilver Trial. While the Shiva, designated for the Hindu God known as the Destroyer, finished third overall it produced strong reactions among the Clans. Jade Falcon was so disgusted by the mere thought that captured Rommel and Patton Tanks would be utilized in combat again that they destroyed every example in their possession.
This wasteful display by their long time enemy caused Steel Viper to seriously consider their compromise project. Together with Ghost Bear they advocated for the upgrade of existing conventional vehicles rather than the costly development of OmniVehicles. Despite its merits this IIC Vehicle Proposal was largely ignored by an extremely polarized Grand Council. Viper research on the Rommel and Patton quickly showed real potential that was passed along to the Bears. They agreed jointly to pursue a development program which began with the acquisition of the Shiva from Diamond Shark. Eager to turn a profit the Sharks readily negotiated a deal that would turn the entire concept into a reality. The Bears ultimately claimed rights to the Rommel IIC which became the Tyr while the Vipers would build the Patton IIC or Shiva.

CAPABILITIES
The final Steel Viper product is closer to the Patton rather than the more advanced OmniVehicle originally proposed by Diamond Shark. It retains the proven Magna 260 Fusion Engine and other basic motive systems from its InnerSphere precursor. While slower than standard Clan heavy units this second line tank is not made to operate with them. Instead they are intended to destroy InnerSphere surats who continue to raid the Occupation Zone. With speed on par with these dishonorable opponents the Shiva should immediately bolster Clan defenses against such threats.
   For its other equipment the Shiva draws heavily from existing Clan designs like the Ishtar which supplies its primary weapon payload. The Type 9 Ultra Autocannon/10 armed with three tons of ammunition provides the main punch of this Heavy Tank which can quickly put down sustained fire threatening any target. In addition, twelve and a half tons of Compound E91 Ferro-Fibrous from the Ishtar replaced fourteen and a half tons of standard armor found on the Patton improving the design’s protection. The Build 1685/3 Tacticom communications systems also from the Ishtar replaced its InnerSphere counterpart for compatibility reasons.
   The Hachiman Fire Support Tank supplies the other half of the Shiva’s electronics package. The Build 2 JRD TTS with Artemis IV FCS effectively ties in the Type X “Shortbow” LRM-10 Launcher and other secondary weaponry like the Series 2d Extended Range Medium Laser, the Series 1 Extended Range Small Laser, and the “Hellfire” Series II Flamer. These weapons which were gleaned from other Clan conventional vehicles save considerable weight and allow for larger ammunition stores. This allows for the Shiva to remain effective in the field longer than its Commonwealth built forerunner.

DEPLOYMENT
The Shiva is predominantly deployed within the Steel Viper touman as part of their conventional Phalanx Clusters. While these units are more infantry reliant than their Ghost Bear counterparts, vehicles have begun to play a larger role. As a partner in the design the Bears also have their share but currently prefer the Tyr or Rommel IIC. If they successfully upgrade the primitive Axel factory on Spittal with fusion engines, and perhaps one-day Clan weaponry, then this situation could change rapidly. The Diamond Sharks acquired a large stockpile of captured Patton Tanks and are reconditioning them as fast as possible. Most of their refits have been sent to their new Leiomano Clusters who first proved their worth at the Battle of Nyserta despite their conventional nature. The rest have been shipped to Wolf and Hell’s Horses thanks to their assistance with the original Shiva OmniVehicle. The Horses have yet to deploy any in the Homeworlds however preferring to study the design for future research. The appearance of these Heavy Tanks in the Occupation Zone has caused a certain amount of confusion among Spheroid insurgents. Nearly identical to their forerunner several raiders have been caught flat footed by the Patton IIC on the battlefield. The improved capabilities of the design have bought down several opponents before they realized it was indeed a Clan Tank.

Type: Shiva Heavy Tank
Tonnage: 65 tons

Internal Structure:                         6.5
Engine:            260               20.5
Heat Sinks:            10               0
Lift Equipment:                        0
Turret:                            1.5
Armor Factor:            240               12.5

Armor Value   
   Front             52
   Right/Left Side               48/48
   Rear            40
   Turret            52

Weapons and Ammo:      Location         Tonnage
Ultra AC/10            Turret            10
Ammo (Ultra AC) 30         Body            3
LRM-10            Turret            2.5
Artemis IV FCS         Turret            1
Ammo (LRM) 24         Body            2
ER Medium Laser         Turret            1
ER Small Laser         Front            .5
Flamer             Front             .5

TYR HEAVY TANK
Mass: 65 tons
Power Plant: Magna 260 Fusion Engine
Armament: 1 Type J LB-20X Autocannon
   3 Type V “Longbow” LRM-5 Launchers
   4 Series 1 Extended Range Small Laser
   1 “Hellfire” Series II Flamer
Manufacturer: Paxon ArmorWorx
Primary Factory: Paxon
Communications System: Build 1685/3 Tacticom
Targeting and Tracking System: Build 2 JRD TTS with Artemis IV FCS

OVERVIEW
   When Khan Bjorn Jorgensson first proposed the IIC Vehicle Compromise during the OmniVehicle debate in the Grand Council it received little attention. Despite the available vehicular salvage from the invasion and the verbal support of saKhan Christopher Ahmed it was largely ignored. Perhaps it was the endorsement from the ever wavering Steel Vipers which persuaded others to forget the initial suggestion. Wary of the Clan’s sudden shifts in behavior few put any faith in their commitments. Nonetheless Ahmed and his supporters continued to research the idea when the Jade Falcons enacted their infamous ‘Tank Annihilation’. Destroying Rommel and Patton Tanks taken from the Federated Commonwealth demonstrated not only an unClanlike attitude toward valuable military hardware but spurred the Vipers to reexamine the usefulness of these designs.
   Discovering that these two Heavy Tanks could be the cornerstone for an actual building program led the Vipers to approach the Bears with a plan. Beginning with the Rommel and Patton Tanks the two Clans would partner together to upgrade existing conventional vehicles thus enhancing their garrison forces. While reluctant Khan Perigard Zalman realized that the scheme would require only a minimal investment and could result in a substantial strengthening of the Viper’s position. Intrigued by the proposition Khan Jorgensson agreed on the condition they alone would develop the Rommel IIC. Recognizing that their support was necessary to avoid any potential censure the Vipers agreed. Altering the base Clan model to include the largest possible autocannon the Bears quickly created their so-called Tyr Heavy Tank which is no doubt aimed at winning the hearts and minds of the Rasalhague people. 

CAPABILITIES
As the Tyr is a so-called variant of the Shiva it shares many similarities just like the Rommel and Patton. It would be accurate to say that the Tyr and Shiva are closer relatives then their precursors as even the turret remains wholly unchanged. In fact, the only difference between the designs is the subtraction of two tons of Ferro Fibrous which makes way for additional weapon space. Despite this loss of armor, the Tyr is still better off than the Rommel in terms of overall protection thanks to advanced Clan technology. Bear scientists chose the massive Type J LB-20X Autocannon from the Oro Heavy Tank to serve as the Heavy Tank’s main gun. Formidable against a variety of conventional opponents and fighters with its cluster ammunition the LB-20X can also fire large slugs which can threaten even Assault ‘Mechs. While this big gun has more of a punch at closer range it weighs considerably more. To compensate for the reduction of long range firepower three Type V “Longbow” LRM-5 Launchers replaced the LRM-10 and the ER Medium from the Shiva. This missile system arrangement is very similar to the newly upgraded Zorya and helps to maximize overall effectiveness in spite of a smaller scatter shot nature. To protect the entire perimeter against infantry three additional Series 1 Extended Range Small Lasers were added on the sides and rear. Together with the ER Small and Flamer retained from the Shiva this Heavy Tank is a brutal close quarter opponent.

DEPLOYMENT
   The Bears jealously guard the Tyr design which has rapidly been disturbed into their Phalanx Clusters. The Clan has begun incorporating native Rasalhague warriors into its touman by way of this Scandinavian themed design and others like the Odin, the Baldur, and the Otso. While production has begun on Paxon the largest supply of Tyr and possibly Shiva could one day come from Spittal. The crude Benson and Bjorn facility produced the primitive Axel which was an ICE powered version of the Patton and Rommel Tank. Originally the Clan had no plans to upgrade the site but after the success of the Shiva and Tyr it has prioritized such an undertaking. The first objective is to complete the construction of a Fusion Engine component line while Clan weaponry will be shipped in. By the end of the Truce of Tukayyid the Spittal factory should be fully uprated to Clan specifications.
   While reluctant to turn over the specifications the Bears ultimately did so for their new Steel Viper ‘allies’ who immediately began reconditioning captured units. Diamond Shark also received refit keys as part of their agreement for the Shiva but were sternly warned that the Bears owned all rights to the Tyr. Grateful for access to the design neither Clan has pushed the issue with the Ghost Bears. It is rumored that their long time Snow Raven associates may be involved in selling the Heavy Tank to interested parties in the Kerensky Cluster like the Blood Spirits. While the Hell’s Horses have been locked out of the Tyr sales so far they have not voiced any desire to obtain the Heavy Tank confusing many observers on the Clan Homeworlds.

VARIANTS
   The arrangement of weaponry on the Tyr allows for a wide variety of alternate loadouts with a minimum effort. The LB-20 X Autocannon can be swapped for either a Gauss Rifle or Ultra Autocannon/20 depending on several different factors. The Gauss provides better range with a better ammunition supply while the Ultra Autocannon doubles the firepower at the cost of a limited number of rounds. Additionally, the LRMs can be replaced by a Streak SRM 6 or dual SRM 6s which only enhances the Rommel IIC’s already daunting close range destructive capability. While not quite modular these modifications can be accomplished quickly and at cheaper cost then an OmniVehicle.

Type: Tyr Heavy Tank
Tonnage: 65 tons

Internal Structure:                         6.5
Engine:            260               20.5
Heat Sinks:            10               0