OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: List of Completed Canon and AU Maps  (Read 48923 times)

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
Re: List of Completed Canon and AU Maps
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »

Not as yet, as the data for the Draconis Combine is not complete.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Nerroth

• Korporal
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:30:21 PM »

I was asking about this over on the Catalyst forum, but wanted to raise it here; does anyone here have any plans to try and work up a 3095 "master map", integrating the data on the four sectors of the Deep Periphery published in ISP3 into one single file?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:32:43 PM by Nerroth »

Volt

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:31 AM »

um... SLOWLY working on it on my spare time. I've actually completed generating the coordinates of the deep periphery worlds, but I'm not done converting the coordinates of the inner sphere systems in the Lyran section. Only about 73.88% complete so far, which is the exact same state 57 days ago :(

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »

We await your glorious efforts.

@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Volt

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 12:52:01 AM »

82.6377827334% done!

still have to transfer 477 sets of coordinates from the 2764 map (all from LC) and 68 from the 3063 maps that were previously in the error-filled 3130 map. If I'm able to dedicate around 5-10% a day then we should have mappable coordinates for the whole of known BT space (excluding nebulae) by middle of February, which is just perfect timing coz I'd have a business trip to Canada-US and Mexico and won't be able to put any effort into the coordinates during those two weeks.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »

Keep up the good work Volt.

Volt

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 01:43:19 AM »

You know what, I hate all of you and all your optimism and all your encouragement!

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, I give you 3139 sets of coordinates!

http://www.mediafire.com/Volt/Cartographer

Coordinates + Distances.xlsx = just the systems and their coordinates, with straight-line distance from a reference system
coordinates transfer.xlsx = sample of how I derived the convert the coordinates of the systems from a different scale/orientation to that of the base scale/orientation
factions.txt = faction color assignments for Bad_Syntax's cartographer app
planets.txt = the system names, coordinates and faction ownership per era for Bad_Syntax's cartographer app
systems by era.xlsx = this is the full file with system names, unified coordinates, faction ownership and regions, etc...
systems.xlsx = same as above but only shows faction ownership and whether a system is a capital, without showing the regions

The new sets of files all reflect the new [and corrected] coordinates [that 3130 map had some crazy errors], the new deep periphery systems, and a whole lot of corrections on faction ownership. Unfortunately some of those errors are reflected in BN's PDF maps. My bad.

ENJOY 8)

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »

Excellent work Gentlemen, you are scholars of the highest degree.

However in the opening post i see you say you have completed a 3072 map, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Additionally, Btfiles has a jpeg map of 3070, when the Blake protectorate was expanding, this should serve well for early jihad campaigns.

http://www.1.btfiles.z8.ru/maps/ISMap3070.jpg

once again. excellent work. most helpful.

Volt

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »

Is that JPG an official map? I'd like to add that to my database soon as i get home.

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 11:48:18 PM »

Likely not an official map, but based on official data.

A lot of worlds changed hands between 3068 and 3070. However pouring through Blake ascending through Final rekoning to find the timeline of events is exhausting.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/3068

And there is a good list of WoB protectorate worlds and their absorption dates here (but not complete).
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Word_of_Blake_Protectorate

However i think there are errors. Van Diemen IV was supposed to be conquored by the Word in 3069, but in the jpeg its listed as FWL.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Van_Diemen_IV
Wasat was attacked in early '69 by the WoB 3rd Division but wasnt conquered until 3071 with the use of nuclear weapons. On the jpeg map its listed as a WoB protectorate planet.
What do you do when a planet is contested for 2 years?
And places like Acubens have no canon information as to when they changed hands.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:30:15 AM by Kommando »

Volt

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

I usually mark them "D" for disputed if more than one faction lays claim to them during that year (ie invasion). If it's just a raid i still count it as belonging to the defending faction.

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 05:40:35 AM »

Any help? Anything on that 3072 map?

Volt

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »

Sorry, won't be able to check til the wife is done shopping. My problem is, i won't be able to lift the data verbatim, i'd have to look through sources to validate the map's content first, and that's what's gonna take a while.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • General
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »

Then I have to actually make it.

@BlackNova01

Volt

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »

yup, that's how it's gonna be, I guess. Which sources do I look through to get data from 68 to 72? I just realized, if I did a 68 to 72, then I'd have to read through WoR all over again to do the Clan Homeworlds side, and that's one messy data gathering for a small 40-system colony. On the other hand, it would be nice to see something between '67 and '75 and between '75 and '79.

while we're at this topic, does anyone have a clear PDF map of 3075 from Blake Documents? I've been trying to get a hold of these two pages but I completely refuse to buy the PDF, because I don't like what it was proposing as a possible outcome for the Wolverines. I've already given my book away without completely reading through it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up