OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: List of Completed Canon and AU Maps  (Read 48912 times)

Kommando

• Menig
Re: List of Completed Canon and AU Maps
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 02:27:53 AM »

yup, that's how it's gonna be, I guess. Which sources do I look through to get data from 68 to 72? I just realized, if I did a 68 to 72, then I'd have to read through WoR all over again to do the Clan Homeworlds side, and that's one messy data gathering for a small 40-system colony. On the other hand, it would be nice to see something between '67 and '75 and between '75 and '79.

while we're at this topic, does anyone have a clear PDF map of 3075 from Blake Documents? I've been trying to get a hold of these two pages but I completely refuse to buy the PDF, because I don't like what it was proposing as a possible outcome for the Wolverines. I've already given my book away without completely reading through it.

This one?

Also, Sarna is pretty good for history on when planets change sides. The jihad info mostly comes from Total Chaos.

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 02:35:00 AM »

What the? Why do the planet circles disappear, rather why do the black borders of the planet circles diappear when i print this to pdf. hmm

Volt

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 02:51:39 AM »

actually I work with the group at Sarna that does the planet ownerships by region, but the work is far from complete, with so many sources left unchecked. I (and therefore we) might have the largest unofficial list of system ownership available right now.

the disappearing circles could either be a copy protection precaution or incorrect PDF printer settings? hehe

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 02:30:51 AM »

Cool. i'd like to fix a number of Sarna items but like wiki im worried people will revert it and have edit wars. so i just browse.

Volt

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 02:34:17 AM »

actually for as long as you cite your sources related to the edits then edit wars do not occur, they have a good moderating team, and a lot of the changes are discussed on the talk pages if there are any issues. sometimes they even post messages on user talk pages as long as you're registered.

I'm currently doing 3074 on faction ownership and I'd have to say that Final Reckoning is a great source, but yeah there are so many systems not mentioned. I might have to go through the earlier Jihad publications to get data on them. After that I'll work on WoR for the K-Cluster.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 02:54:33 AM »

I think you will find the Clan Worlds too hard to accurately pin down.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Volt

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 03:15:12 AM »

Bjarred was won back by DCMS against Clan Nova cat when Star Colonel Olivia Drummond lost a coin toss against Tai-sa Katherine Oltion. Drummond chose "edge."

Hey, the task may not be easy, but imagine the benefit if we have that data. I don't think anyone has had the patience (or level of insanity) to track those. Should be fun.

Volt

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »

yuck.... i just finished 3068-3080 from Final Reckoning, and there are SO many blanks that it's just not viable to make maps during that period, save for 3075, which is already published. This is why I hate the Jihad's sourcebook format, too many holes and factual errors due to fragmented data.

Kommando

• Menig
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »

yuck.... i just finished 3068-3080 from Final Reckoning, and there are SO many blanks that it's just not viable to make maps during that period, save for 3075, which is already published. This is why I hate the Jihad's sourcebook format, too many holes and factual errors due to fragmented data.

:(

There is quite a lack of information in WoR regarding when and what worlds fell.

Volt

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »

yeah, i'm afraid i'm going to get the same results as what I got in JFR, but it won't hurt to try.

BigDuke66

• Menig
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Thanks for all those great maps!
Just a note, you list a 3062 map but I see only a 3063 map on the board.
Also a 3072 map But I can't see a thread for it at all.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:27:08 PM by BigDuke66 »

Volt

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

The changes from 3067 to 3072 would be the following:

1] Clan Hell's Horses entering the Inner Sphere
2] Clan Snow Raven claiming Quatre Belle and Dante
3] Transfer of several Falcon and Lyran worlds to the Wolves
4] Formation of Filtvelt Coalition
5] Transfer of several Lyran worlds to the FWL
6] Transfer of three Wolf worlds to the Bears
7] Absorption of the remaining FRR worlds into the Ghost Bear Dominion
8] Formation of the Kittery Prefecture
9] Expansion of WoB protectorate

Unfortunately, for #9 we don't exactly know all the worlds annexed by WoB by 3072 since the next time we have a map of their protectorate since 3067 is at 3075, and the timelines given were not very detailed (no info on 68 systems). So because of this, I don't think it's viable to generate a 3072 map from the existing data.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:48:03 PM by Volt »

Nerroth

• Korporal
  • Victoria pro Res publica!
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »

Speaking of both "canon" (at least in the sense of being published by CGL) and "AU" maps, are there any thoughts on what to do about the alt-3095 map outline included in the newly-posted Empires Aflame file?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:25:30 PM by Nerroth »

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »

Speaking of both "canon" (at least in the sense of being published by CGL) and "AU" maps, are there any thoughts on what to do about the alt-3095 map outline included in the newly-posted Empires Aflame file?

A detailed map for the Empires AU would be great.

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »

I could whip something up pretty quick later today.  Nothing like my normal maps, but I could georeference the map to the 2765 or 3025 maps.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up