OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2500kgm3's custom terrain and Mechwarrior Online style miniatures.  (Read 31575 times)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
Re: 2500kgm3's custom terrain and Mechwarrior Online style miniatures.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 06:31:42 AM »

Very nice a new Thunderbolt, looking good!

2500kgm3

• Menig
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »

I might face Ghost Bears next week with these miniatures.

I know it's almost suicidal to go against clans with IS mechs, I don't expect to win any engagements (being a mediocre general doesn't help). If I do, however, by sheer luck, take any clan mech down, you can bet I will buy that miniature and paint it in my colours, as battlefield salvage. I can't wait! I hope clanners bring lots of cool clan mechs for me to drool over and try to take out.

By the way, I just learnt that catapults of 3050 can carry Arrow IV artillery missiles. Should I give them a try?

And on a side note, I hope many Ghost Bears look into the barrel of the the Gauss Rifle in this Highlander.

Only the Stalker to go! (one of my favourites, aesthetically)

2500kgm3

• Menig
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 02:53:27 AM »

I finally painted my last mech. And honestly, I feel it is by far the coolest model of the bunch. I love the design and I'd love to have painted it earlier, but it being the very last mech of the company has left me with a good feeling of satisfaction regarding the whole enterprise.

The Mechwarrior Online Stalker redesign is amazing. I really love it and I'm looking forward to field it. I, unfortunately, lost my chance to face Ghost Bears last weekend because of increased workload at my job. I hope to be able to join the battle in the future, maybe as delayed reinforcements!

This last mech is my twelfth, and this means the first company of the Tyrant's Tercio is completed. I hope to be able to build and paint more of these mechs in the future, but they will have to wait. Eventually, I can see myself with a second company or a clan trinary. Maybe another lance and a binary? Who knows, I may ask for input in the future.

I hope to be able to take pics of the whole company, but it will take some time, as I am moving into a new house. The new one has a propper table, and doors to keep my daughter and cat away, so I might be able to take some better pics!

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 05:14:06 AM »

Very nice indeed. I do like the MWO Stalker myself and u did a great job painting it up. Hope to see your entire company pic soon!

Knightmare

• Terran Supremacist
  • Network Gnome
  • General
  • Taking out the Sphere's trash since 3026
    • Our BattleTech
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 02:30:34 PM »

Sick.
Quote from: Dragon Cat
WORD (of Blake) is good for two things. 1. Leaving inappropriate notes on other people's work. 2. Adding fake words (of Blake) to the dictionary.

2500kgm3

• Menig
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »

I have been able to take pictures of the company I painted during the last months. Here it is, the twelve mechs of my mercenary company taking control of a spaceport in the early stages of a planetary invasion. I am eager to have a chance to use these miniatures in a real game soon.

Honestly, when I started painting, I thought the Awesome and Orion would become my favourite mechs (Due to the lack of a Hunchback, that mech is a real beauty) but the Stalker has stolen my heart.

Maybe in a far future (a year or two from now, due to lack of funding) I'll be able to add more mechs to my mercenaries. My current plan includes:

-A new lance with a light (Commando), a medium (Blackjack), a heavy (Rifleman) and an assault mech (KingCrab). I will still have no hunchback :_(

-A clan binary, composed of: Puma/Adder, Ryoken/StormCrow, MadCat/TimberWolf, Blackhawk/Nova, Gladiator/Executioner, Uller/Kit Fox, ShadowCat, Thor/Summoner, Ebon Jaguar, and, of course Daishi/Direwolf

It is my intention to paint the clan mechs in mercenary colors as captured/salvaged equipment (unless any of you can suggest me a better scheme, I did not intend to marry myself to any clan and single galaxy, since I do not know their lore extensively, but if you suggest a cool galaxy with great lore -I tend to prefer non-elite units- I can be persuaded)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »

They all look good bud especially on that awesome map set.

You know now that I am looking at your unit paint scheme again it reminds me of the Lyran Guard but opposite. Red instead of Blue, Black instead of White. Sort of a bazaaro Steiner theme. Looks good! 

2500kgm3

• Menig
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »

It is, to a certain extent. I always loved how clean the Lyran Guard scheme looked, with the asymetrical dividing line, and I wanted to emulate it. I love orange and black, and they happened to be the colors oposite the Steiner used, which seemed fine for a Marik based mercenary company!

Archangel6

• Menig
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »

Okay, I can't seem to find where you got the mechs from, but I'm thinking they are from Warhansa, am I right??
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up