OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blakist Assault on Terra Repulsed!  (Read 20502 times)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
Re: Blakist Assault on Terra Repulsed!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2023, 08:48:40 AM »

Currently in the works is the explanation of the map above. You'll notice some borders above and this should start to expound on some of them.

Terran Regions (March 15, 3058)
   Popular uprisings in support of the new Union have appeared in varying strength throughout the ancient Terran nation. One hundred and twenty-nine (129) star systems in all are affected by this discontent which directly affects all of the Great Houses. Eleven unique stellar regions have been identified over the course of this year based on recent political affiliations and local astrography whose worlds share much in common.
   Terran Extent is the border of this map based on current popular uprisings and historic claims of the Hegemony prior to the Amaris Uprising of 2766.

Core Worlds (3 – Terra, Outreach, and Northwind)
   The core of the new Union was formerly at the center of the old Terran Hegemony and lay either in or near the Chaos March. These star systems have been controlled solidly by the Big or Founding Three Mercenary Units (Illician Lancers, Wolf Dragoons, and Northwind Highlanders) of the new Terran nation since early March 3058.

Dieron Salient (14 - AI Na'ir, Altair, Asta, Athenry, Deneb Algedi, Dieron, Fomalhaut, Kervil, Nirasaki, Pike IV, Quentin, Saffel, Styx, Telos IV and 1 - shared by the Hegemony and Combine = Nashira)
   Since the start of the 1st Succession War (circa 2788) the Draconis Combine has forcefully reasserted what is it pre-existing claim to Dieron and the surrounding worlds here. While the Alliance of Galedon did manage to ‘trick’ Dieron into joining its pre-Draconian successor state long ago this planet and others were part of Terra far longer (circa the early 2300s). This four-hundred-and-fifty-year history has led many on these solidly controlled Kurita worlds to rise up in the past year. Still the Dragon has a sheer force of arms here as well as two-hundred-and-sixty years of almost unfettered military occupation.

Lyons Thumb (7 occupied by DCMS - Atria, Dyev, Imbros III, Ko, Lambrecht, Sabik, Yorii, 1 occupied by DCMS shared by the Hegemony and Commonwealth – Moore, 1 shared by the Hegemony and Commonwealth – Nusakan, 1 Lyran Alliance – Lyons)
   Long dominated by the Draconis Combine this astrographic region was largely created by the War of 3039. More than two hundred years of Kurita rule came to an end when the Federated Commonwealth liberated these worlds. The breakup of the Commonwealth during the Liao-Marik Invasion of 3057 caused Archon Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion to allow the Dragon to station non-BattleMech equipped peacekeepers here. Draconis military control generally prevails but Terran Uprisings along with dueling Lyran and Davion claims make for quite a confusing situation.

Tau Ceti Corridor (8 – New Earth, Rigil Kentarus, Muphrid, Zollikofen, Chara, Lipton, Thorin, Zavijava)
   Absorbed by the Lyran Commonwealth early in the 1st Succession War (circa 2790) these worlds have long been Steiner held territory. While usually linked with Skye thanks to this two-hundred-sixty-year regional association flowing the fall of the Hegemony their origins have not been forgotten. Some attribute the success of Terran Uprising here to the breakup of the Federated Commonwealth and ties to the Free Skye Movement but the massive patriotic showings for the new Union seems genuine.

Denebola Badlands (4 - Alioth, Milton, Wyatt, Summer; 6 - shared by the Hegemony and Commonwealth = Alchiba, Cor Caroli, Mizar, Galatea, Syrma, Zebebelgenubi; 1 - Denebola = a contested world administered by the Hegemony)
   This historically disputed area has been controlled by the Lyran Commonwealth since the 1st Succession War. However, many of its worlds were at least in part shared possessions with the Terran Hegemony and in one case (Denebola) the Free Worlds League as well. These eleven (11) worlds which have been fought over by House Steiner and House Marik for the past twenty-seven-decades now is seeing some new adversaries. More recently two Free Skye Rebellions in 3034 and 3056 squared off against united Federated Commonwealth forces only to be followed today by Terran Uprisings and the ComStar Civil War.

Sirian Triangle (10 - Sirius, Procyon, Graham IV, Pollux, Alula Australis, Oliver, Devil's Rock, Castor, Zosma, Marcus; 1 - Callison = historically shared Terran-Marik world)
   The wedge that Kenyon Marik seized from the dying Hegemony at the start of the Succession Wars was largely unchanged up till the 4th Succession War. While possession of these worlds was challenged by the Lyrans and Capellans over the next two hundred and forty years. It wasn’t until the Lyran Commonwealth and the Tikonov Free Republic took many of these systems in 3029 that the situation changed. Two years later the dissolution of that new nation ushered in the emergence of the Terran Corridor of the now fully united Federated Commonwealth. Recently, Operation Guerrero restored these territories to the Free Worlds League but the advent of the Terran Union has challenged this status once again.

Marik Frontier (7 - Berenson, Bordon, Connaught, Menkalinan, Talitha, Van Diemen IV, Wasat; 5 - Dieudonne, Dubhe, Wing, Zion, Chertan = joint Terran-Marik worlds during the Star League era)
   These dozen worlds made up the edge of the Free Worlds League space since the days of the Amaris Coup. Nearly three centuries of uninterrupted Marik rule have suddenly seen Terran revolutionaries appear on ancient Hegemony possessions surprising many. While protests and this insurgency continues local authorities seem to have things in hand for now a situation which will not change without reinforcements. Both SAFE and the FWLM are also assisting as Parliament has already passed a resolution stating it is entirely unwilling to concede this region.

Chaos March (20 - Acamar, Bryant, Carver V, Caph, Capolla, Elgin, Epsilon Eridani, Epsilon Indi, Fletcher, Hall, Hsien, Ingress, Keid, New Canton, New Home, Saiph, Sheratan, Small World, Tall Trees, Terra Firma)
   The largest and most unstable region near Terra was formerly part of the Federated Commonwealth’s Sarna March for the last twenty-five (25) years. Before that all of these former Terran worlds fell to the Capellan Confederation in the early days of the 1st Succession War. Unfortunately, House Liao didn’t have the military strength to completely displace the disintegrating AFFC in 3057 causing this area of anarchy to appear near Terra which setup much of today’s current events.

Nanking Pocket (12 - Arboris, Azha, Basalt, Bharat, Genoa, Hamal, Kawich, Nanking, Nopah, Ruchbah, Woodstock, Zurich; 4 - Slocum, Yangtze, Aldebaran, Ningpo = jointly owned Terran Hegemony planets with the Capellan Confederation)
   These former Terran worlds remain largely under the authority of House Davion were absorbed into House Liao during the 1st Succession War (circa 2800). For over two hundred years they remained under Capellan aegis until the 4th Succession War (circa 3028) when they fell to the Federated Commonwealth. This astrographic area has been split between the Draconis (Nopah, Kawich, Basalt, Ruchbah) and Capellan Marches since the collapse of the Sarna March in 3057.

Addicks Zone (13 - Achernar, Addicks, Ankaa, Deneb Kaitos, Errai, Hean, Helen, Murchison, Ozawa, Ronel, Tigress, Towne, Tybalt)
   All of these worlds are part of the Federated Commonwealth’s Addicks PDZ and have recently been reinforced by the entire Deneb Light Cavalry. Davion territory since it was reconquered during the 2nd and 3rd Succession Wars many planets have deep ties to New Avalon. However, all thirteen-star systems were once part of the Terran Hegemony and the populace has demonstrated strong support for the new Mercenary led nation. Duke Sandoval has been steadfast in cracking down on Terran protests even if the Archon Prince might be supportive of the Union.

Elbar Expanse (4 -Angol, Galatia III, New Rhodes III, Rio; 5 - Elbar, Mallory's World, Mara, Mirach, Schedar = Terran-Davion shared holdings; 1 – Tikonov = jointly owned Hegemony world with the Capellan Confederation)
   Laying at the extreme edge of the old Hegemony are these ten (10) worlds which currently all governed by the Federated Commonwealth rump state. Possession of these systems has fluctuated between the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns during the Succession Wars. Their distance from Terra has thus far limited the size and scope of uprisings against a mostly benevolent Davion regime.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:57:19 PM by Takiro »

Rainbow 6

• KU Player
  • General
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2023, 06:30:28 AM »

Interesting to see where you take this Takiro.

Especially interested to see what units join the new states military, units like the Sirian Lancers for example?

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2023, 07:28:12 AM »

The Sirian Lancers are indeed in the cards but more importantly are the Black Tigers. One of the chief reasons for my effort here again is wanting to honor BlackTigerActual. As you'll notice in his original reply here to my first post that his unit did something very similar before his epics set during the Star League time. This one would be a more modern take which I am still trying to flesh out.

Think the Terran Regions (basically a map explanation) has been sufficiently fluffed out.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:58:22 PM by Takiro »

Wrangler

• Korporal
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2023, 09:39:46 PM »

Cool, I hope see this come together.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2024, 06:56:26 PM »

I'll agree an interesting thread
yes, small ? what do the clans say about this...

another 120+ days Takiro ;) feel like another 120 years  ;D

David CGB, I'm not sure if the Clans care... due to the Great Refusal happening as canon (they lose, and worse Star League badged and serving units beat them) they are stuck with abiding by the war being ended.

I think they do exactly what they do in canon wait for the Truce to expire and the they continue to push into the Inner Sphere individually

Unfortunatley the SLDF seem more organised here so the Clans might need to get creative like activating other Clans. Should say the Star Adders, Steel Vipers, Cloud Cobras join the battle perhaps it would even the odds a little. The excuse... the Inner Sphere got organised so the Clans did.

As for Terra its still a target whether or not Wobblies, ComStar or the "nuSLDF" are garrisoning it, they have a mission from their Founder to reclaim Terra
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2024, 08:43:48 AM »

I'll agree an interesting thread
yes, small ? what do the clans say about this...

another 120+ days Takiro ;) feel like another 120 years  ;D

Oh, I hear you there buddy!  ;D

Organization in this scenario maybe only on the surface. One thing I'm still struggling with is the impact of this new Terran state on the InnerSphere. It's hard for me to see unity among the Great Houses other than against the Clans. I'm not 100% satisfied with the reactions as of yet to the birth of the Mercenary Union and DC these comments are extremely useful to me to work that through. Having old Hegemony worlds rebel against your authority will have consequences I am sure which will range from House Lords, intel agencies, militaries, Local Lords, militias, etc. Love to talk more about this here. Will there even be a Star League here?? An Operation Bulldog?

I do think the Clans would care especially with their traitor Dragoons leading this new nation at the heart of their objective but again that reaction could differ from Clan to Clan. Jade Falcon would be pissed I'm sure but coming off the Refusal War could they do anything about it? The Crusader Wolves now under Vlad may even be more united or could they come under significant pressure. Mercenaries are particularly hated by the Ghost Bears do they go off on the Terran Union?

I agree that the Word of Blake would be driven to kill the Terran Union now more than ever. Hash tag nemesis but their strength is greatly diminished in this scenario.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2024, 02:37:51 AM »

If the Inner Sphere remain united in the face of the Clan threat then they are still a long way from Terra or the new Mercenary Union

The world's close to Terra will be happy under new rulership if Terra stands for them and provides defence. They were hardest hit throughout the Succession Wars

Only former Capallan worlds might cause issues much like during the Republic era
My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2024, 10:58:01 PM »

I know Sun Tzu's goal was to reclaim all of the Confederation's lost 3025 territory but in this scenario I have him being the first to acknowledge the new Terran Union in order to secure what he has recently acquired and fortify his realm against any counterattack. Accepting this new state today doesn't mean that part of it won't be his tomorrow and since the Chancellor doesn't really own anything there now what does it matter especially when his neighbors are kept off balance. Plus, he remains on friendly terms with the largest mercenary market around which grows him a few new units. Aside from recognition there is a formal border agreement between the two nations. A win-win in my estimation. Any counter thoughts? Playing both sides is very Liao which I feel like he is doing here.

Victor being the ruler of the rump Federated Commonwealth is the next most friendly to the Terrans granting several units leave to return to their ancient homeworlds. While tensions remain between Terra and New Avalon these former long-term Davion units (most notably the Illician Lancers) push for friendly relations even as far off Hegemony worlds in the so-called Addicks Zone and Elbar Expanse remain under the Suns banner. While there is recognition of the Terran Union there is no formal border agreement and many around the InnerSphere suspect the Archon-Prince of playing the long game and reintegrating the old Corridor as a new March one-day in a reunited Commonwealth.

Theodore is somewhat standoffish with this new realm giving tacit recognition, but any formal border agreement seems outlandish at best especially with the Draconis Combine currently holding the Dieron Salient. Hardliners would already like to go further any eliminate this mercenary nation from the InnerSphere altogether. Terran unrest despite being muted in the face of the Dragon is already too much for many to bare and may provoke the wrath of the Black Dragons.

Its hard to say that there isn't a formal state of war between the Terran Union and the Lyran Alliance led by Archon Katrina Steiner-Davion. Some of her most loyal subjects have come under attack by this rebel nation which Tharkad clearly despises. However, the Lyran secession and constant crisis management may have stayed her hand somewhat.

Captain-General Thomas Marik has so far shown tremendous restraint despite being an outspoken opponent of the Terran Union. Already frowning on mercenaries to begin with his Blakist allies defeat and subsequent Terran rebellions has pushed him to the brink of war. However, he has shown reluctance to declare such a massive conflict in the wake of the 3057 perferring to hold onto to what he can while dispatching more troops to deal with situation. There could be a little bit of black mail going on here too by Victor.

Love to hear what you think of course.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2024, 08:34:16 PM »

I'm open to accepting unit concepts for mercenaries in this AU, please post here. We can discuss!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up