OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Lords of the Isles (A Clan Invasion AU initial outline)  (Read 17680 times)

Hessian

• SD Developer
  • Kapten
Re: Lords of the Isles (A Clan Invasion AU initial outline)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 07:18:17 AM »

There is a problem with the Wolf Clan 6th Wolf Guards of your Epsilon Galaxy.
In canon this unit doesn't exist in 3050 as a Clan Wolf unit.
They were the 6th Jaguar Dragoons(which still exists in your Smoke Jaguar Touman) and were the target of a Trial of Possession and taken as isorla by Clan Wolf-in-Exile during Operation Bulldog(see the Dragon roars Scenario Book).

Ciao
Hessian

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:07 PM »

They were the 6th Jaguar Dragoons(which still exists in your Smoke Jaguar Touman) and were the target of a Trial of Possession and taken as isorla by Clan Wolf-in-Exile during Operation Bulldog(see the Dragon roars Scenario Book).

Ciao
Hessian

Recommendations to replace them, then?

MA

Hessian

• SD Developer
  • Kapten
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

Ciao
Hessian

MA

Yes, I'd say so, especially if you want to keep the 6th Jaguar Dragoons as a Clan Smoke Jaguar unit.

Ciao
Hessian

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

Ciao
Hessian

MA

Yes, I'd say so, especially if you want to keep the 6th Jaguar Dragoons as a Clan Smoke Jaguar unit.

Ciao
Hessian

Ahem.  I meant, do you have any recommendations for a specific unit to replace them with?   ;D

MA

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »

Call them the 16th Guards, or 6th Assault or 1001st Puppy Cluster?
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Dragon Cat

• KU Player
  • General
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

Puppy-power!! Sorry

My stuff, and my AU timeline follow link and enjoy

http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/dragon-cat-collection/

The original CBT thread
Dragon Cat on CBT

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Hessian

• SD Developer
  • Kapten
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »

Ciao
Hessian

MA

Ciao
Hessian

Ahem.  I meant, do you have any recommendations for a specific unit to replace them with?   ;D

MA

Yes I do(though I had to look it up first to check if memory serves).

Hmmm...There arent't many canon pre Refusal War Wolf Clan units you haven't already covered MA.
To be exact, I only found one: The 24th Wolf Rangers. This unit is, AFAIK, mentiioned only once, without a transcription, in the original Objective Raids Sourcebook which only gives its name, its Base World(Carse) and that it is part of Delta Galaxy and as such a Front-line unit.

There are also other canon units that were mentioned to have existed past the Refusal War for a time.

The first one is the 101st Battle Cluster(heavy with aerosopace assets), AFAIK first mentioned in FM:Updates as part of Kappa Galaxy and still mentioned in Field Report: Clans as part of Kappa Galaxy though much diminished in size.

The second one is the 1st Wolf Guard Battle Cluster(The Watchers), a Clan Jade Wolf aka Crusader Wolves unit. AFAIK the sole mention of this unit is in the Falcon and the Wolf sourcebook.

The third one is the 8th Striker Assault Cluster(The Wolf's Swords), a Clan Wolf-in-Exile Cluster that AFAIK is also solely mentioned in the Falcon and the Wolf sourcebook.

If I had to choose it would come down to the 24th Wolf Rangers and the 101st Battle Cluster(the other two units are a bit obscure) with the winner being the(imagine a drum roll please) 101st Battle Cluster, because I think that the Wolves would have use for an aerospace heavy unit.

Just my two € cents

Ciao
Hessian

P.S.: Almost all of the units in your write-up are familiar MA, the only one I didn't recognize is the 42nd Striker Cluster. Is this your creation or another unit that was only mentioned once in canon?

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 05:31:32 PM »

I was pulling info from Sarna and Warhawk PPC sites; but neither has the Wolf or Falcon listing immediately post-Tukayyid (i.e., the Wolf Clan sourcebook and the Jade Falcon Sourcebook).  My sources are packed away and I lost some information I previously had on them until I can dig those paperbacks out again.  Frankly, I don't remember where I pulled the 42nd from . . . I may have just made it up on the fly.  But I will change the 6th to the 101st Battle Cluster.  Thanks!

MA

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »

Okay.  Here is the revised Clans; it will take me a while to do all of them, but here is the first.

MA

CLAN BLOOD SPIRIT

FRONT LINE FORCES

Blood Spirit Command
Blood Guard Keshik (Elite/Fanatical)
York-class Destroyer (Blood Spirit)

Alpha Galaxy (The Blooding)
Red Guards (Elite/Fanatical)
37th Assault Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
33rd Battle Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
112th Battle Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
55th Vanguard Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
York-class Destroyer (Carmine Justice)

Beta Galaxy (Blood Drinkers)*
Vermillion Guards (Elite/Fanatical)*
33rd Battle Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)*
7th Blood Drinkers Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)*
79th Blood Hussars (Elite/Fanatical)*
91st Vanguard Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)*
York-class Destroyer (Sanguine Shield)*

Omega Galaxy (The Sanguine Reavers)
Scarlet Guards (Elite/Fanatical)
71st Assault Cluster (Elite/Fanatical)
271st Assault Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
72nd Battle Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
91st Vanguard Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
York-class Destroyer (Stooping Kite)

SECOND LINE/GARRISON FORCES

Rho Provisional Galaxy
42nd Crimson Guards (Elite/Reliable)
88th Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)
158th Crimson Guards (Regular/Fanatical)
181st Crimson Guards (Regular/Fanatical)
258th Crimson Guards (Veteran/Reliable)

Sigma Provisional Galaxy*
47th Crimson Guards (Regular/Fanatical)*
122nd Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)*
147th Crimson Guards (Regular/Fanatical)*
199th Crimson Guards (Regular/Fanatical)*
201st Crimson Guards (Veteran/Fanatical)*

Tau Provisional Galaxy*
17th Crimson Guards (Veteran/Fanatical)*
77th Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)*
139th Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)*
166th Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)*
258th Crimson Guards (Regular/Reliable)*

Blood Spirit Aerospace Fighter Reserve
188th Fighter Wing (Blood Angels) (Veteran/Fanatical) [See text below; partially deployed]

Blood Letter Naval Star (Clan Blood Spirit Naval Reserve)
Black Lion-class Battle Cruiser (Rocinante-Flagship)
Lola III-class Destroyer (Blood Fury; Exsanguine)
Vincent Mk. 42-class Corvette (Vampire)

Units marked with an asterisk (*) remain in the Homeworlds.

Clan Totals
Front Line Clusters:  17
Second Line/Garrison Clusters:  15
WarShips:  8

Blood Spirit Touman Organization and Overview
Each Cluster (with one exception) in the Blood Spirit Touman is rigorously structured for complete compliance with the words of Nicholas Kerensky.  Each consists of three Trinary of BattleMechs or OmniMechs, one Trinary of Vehicles, and one Trinary of Infantry—although in the case of the last formation, the Spirits have allowed themselves to replace the Conventional Infantry Trinary still found in Garrison Clusters with Elemental Trinary formations in their front-line units.  To deal with the lack of integral aerospace fighter assets, the Spirits have assigned a York-class Destroyer/Carrier to each of their three front-line Galaxies, and a fourth to their Blood Guards Keshik.

The Blood Spirits field Assault Clusters (assault and heavy ‘Mechs and vehicles), Battle Clusters (predominately heavy and medium ‘Mechs and vehicles), and Vanguard Clusters (predominately medium and light ‘Mechs and vehicles).  The four Guards Clusters (Blood Guards, Red Guards, Vermillion Guards, and Scarlett Guards) are all built on built on the model of the Battle Clusters, as are the 7th Blood Drinkers Cluster.  The 79th Blood Hussars Cluster varies from the Vanguard Clusters in name only.

The final Cluster is a pure aerospace fighter formation.  The 188th Fighter Wing (Blood Angels) contains five Trinarys with only OmniFighters and Aerospace Fighters assigned, for a total of 150 fighters.  Aerospace Fighter support is assigned to various units on an as needed basis from the 188th.

Naval assets consist of the four York-class Destroyers and the Blood Letter Naval Star, with the remaining four WarShips of the Blood Spirit Naval Reserve.  Every front-line Cluster is provided with five DropShips (three Union-C class, one Triumph-C class, and one Sassanid class) and a Voyager-class JumpShip (a 485,000 ton JumpShip with an HPG and lithium-fusion batteries, plus 6 docking collars).  The spare docking collar is normally used for a cargo ship for added munitions or supplies, although sometimes an Assault DropShip is carried instead.  The Crimson Guard Garrison Clusters are assigned DropShips, but lack JumpShip transportation.

The 188th Fighter Wing is instead assigned fifteen Carrier class DropShips, each of which is provided with their own Aggressor-class JumpShip (a 160,000 ton JumpShips with an HPG and lithium-fusion batteries, plus 2 docking collars) with the second collar used for a cargo ship with additional fuel, parts, and munitions.

The Spirit Merchant Fleet is very small compared to most Clans, however; one of the reasons that in recent years the Clan has abandoned all of their enclaves outside of their capital of York, their holdings on Arcadia, and the enclave on Strana Mechty.  The Spirits maintain an active merchant fleet of just 5 Voyager-class and 25 Odyssey-class JumpShips. An additional 5 Voyagers and 15 Odysseys are in mothballed reserve.

As a whole, the Clan can field eight WarShips, eighty-one JumpShips (26 Voyager, 40 Odyssey, and 15 Aggressor), one hundred and eighty military DropShips (including ten Noruff class Assault DropShips), two hundred and forty-one civilian DropShips, 1395 BattleMechs and OmniMechs, 930 vehicles, 400 OmniFighters and Aerospace Fighters, 1425 Elemental Infantry, and 5625 Conventional Infantry.

Operation Revival
Winning the rights to the several worlds within the Chaine Cluster (which they share with the Mandrills), the Spirits moved quickly to secure their new holdings.  Rho Provisional Galaxy was moved to the Isles with orders to pacify the population and integrate them into Clan society.  The results have been . . . mixed, at best.  To this day, the Chaine Cluster is a volatile section of Clan space and only the arrival of Alpha and Omega Galaxy in preparation for the launch of Revival itself has managed to keep the situation from getting out of hand.  Loremaster Bayle Campbell has repeatedly asked that Khan Schmidt bring forward another Garrison Galaxy to secure the safety of their holdings, but with 50% of the Spirit ground Touman already committed to Revival, it is doubtful that any further forces will be brought forward.    Currently, Sigma Provisional Galaxy is assigned to garrison Arcadia, with Tau on York.  Beta Galaxy (a front-line force) is assigned predominately to York, but is also responsible for garrisoning the Blood Spirit enclave on Strana Mechty. Currently, the 33rd Battle Cluster and 91st Vanguard Cluster have that duty, leaving the remaining three front-line Clusters on York.  Only one Spirit WarShip (CBS Sanguine Shield) remains in the Homeworlds, with the rest of the small Blood Spirit Naval Reserve forward deployed in the Isles.  Two Trinary of the 188th have forward deployed to Chainelaine, but the remaining three are stationed one each on Arcadia, Strana Mechty, and York.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:31:13 PM by masterarminas »

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

CLAN BURROCK

FRONT LINE FORCES

Blood Spirit Command
Iron Spine Keshik (Elite/Fanatical)

Alpha Galaxy (The Burning Acid)
Stoneheart Keshik (Trinary) (Elite/Fanatical)
3rd Burrock Guards (The Acid Spitters) (Veteran/Fanatical)
15th Combat Cluster (The Sting of Fate) (Veteran/Fanatical)
66th Combat Cluster (The Swarm's Fury) (Veteran/Fanatical)
192nd Combat Cluster (The Hunter-Killers) (Veteran/Reliable)
116th Striker Cluster (The Deathshriekers) (Veteran/Reliable)

Beta Galaxy (The Spirit Hunters)
Spirit Devourer Keshik (Trinary) (Veteran/Reliable)
8th Burrock Guards (The Banshee's Scream) (Veteran/Reliable)
14th Combat Cluster (The Fury) (Veteran/Reliable)
82nd Combat Cluster (The Reaving) (Veteran/Fanatical)
102nd Combat Cluster (The Defilers) (Veteran/Reliable)
128th Striker Cluster (The Blood Drinker) (Veteran/Reliable)

Gamma Galaxy (Harvesters of Sorrow)*
Burning Scythe Keshik (Trinary) (Veteran/Reliable)*
7th Burrock Guards (The Faceless) (Veteran/Reliable)*
23rd Combat Cluster (The Burrock Grenadiers) (Veteran/Reliable)*
114th Combat Cluster (The Nightmare) (Veteran/Reliable)*
204th Combat Cluster (The Nameless) (Veteran/Reliable)*
75th Striker Cluster (The Forgotten) (Veteran/Reliable)*

Epsilon Provisional Galaxy
35th Burrock Defenders (Rock Eaters) (Regular/Reliable)
44th Burrock Defenders (The Devourers) (Regular/Reliable)
93rd Burrock Defenders (Caustic Spray) (Regular/Reliable)
331st Burrock Defenders (Hive Guardians) (Regular/Reliable)

Iota Provisional Galaxy
1st Burrock Defenders (Sharp Mandibles) (Regular/Reliable)
2nd Burrock Defenders (The Hive Keepers) (Regular/Reliable)
9th Burrock Defenders (The Titanium Abdomen) (Regular/Reliable)
11th Burrock Defenders (The Unfathomable Force) (Regular/Reliable)

Kappa Provisional Galaxy*
4th Burrock Defenders (The Wingless) (Regular/Reliable)*
6th Burrock Defenders (The Burning Swarm) (Regular/Reliable)*
175th Burrock Defenders (The Walking Dead) (Regular/Reliable)*
471st Burrock Defenders (The Crimson Eyes) (Regular/Reliable)*

Omega Provisional Galaxy*
5th Burrock Defenders (Thousand Legs) (Regular/Questionable)*
10th Burrock Defenders (The Redeemed) (Regular/Questionable)*
61st Burrock Defenders (The Night Crawlers) (Regular/Questionable)*
211th Burrock Defenders (The Dark Descent) (Regular/Questionable)*

NAVAL RESERVE

Devouring Swarm Naval Star
Nightlord-class Battleship (Absolute Truth-Flagship)
Lola III-class Destroyer (Cameron’s Flame)
York-class Carrier (Sharp Spine)
Vincent Mk. 42-class Corvette (Vitriolic)

Rock Eaters Naval Star*
Sovetskii Soyuz-class Heavy Cruiser (Divine Conquest)*
Lola III-class Destroyer (Ares Might)*
York-class Carrier (Star Fire)*
Vincent Mk. 42-class Corvette (Contentious)*

Delta Galaxy (The Burrock Marines) (carried aboard Absolute Truth)
Faithful unto Death Keshik (Veteran/Fanatical)
22nd Burrock Marine Cluster (Veteran/Reliable)
35th Burrock Marine Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)

Clan Totals
Front Line Clusters:  18
Second Line/Garrison Clusters:  16

Burrock Touman Organization and Overview
Clan Burrock organizes its front line Clusters for offensive operations and its second line/garrison Clusters for defense.  Each front-line Cluster (and the Iron Spine Keshik) is built around a Command Binary of 10 OmniMechs, a Trinary of 15 OmniMechs, two Supernova Binarys each with 10 OmniMechs and 50 Elementals, and one Fighter Binary with 20 OmniFighters.  The second-line/garrison Clusters have a Command Binary of 10 BattleMechs, two Trinarys of 10 BattleMechs and 10 vehicles each, two Trinarys of 10 vehicles and 250 conventional infantry each, and a Star of 10 Aerospace Fighters.

Front line Clusters are divided into the Burrock Guards (and the Iron Spike Keshik) which field heavy and assault-weight OmniMechs and OmniFighters, the mainstay Combat Clusters which are primarily comprised of medium and heavy weight designs, and Striker Clusters with light and medium designs.  The second line/garrison Burrock Defenders Clusters include light, medium, and heavy ‘Mechs, Fighters, and vehicles in their numbers—but no assault-weight units.

In addition to the line Clusters, each front line Galaxy has a Command Trinary built around a Star of Heavy OmniMechs and a Binary of Artillery OmniMechs.

Front line Clusters are provided with six DropShips (four Union-C class, two of which are modified to replace one Star of OmniMechs with two Stars of Elementals, and two Carrier class) and two Odyssey-class JumpShips, with the remaining two docking collars normally used for one cargo vessel and one Assault DropShip.  Second line/garrison Clusters have the same number of DropShips (five Union-C class, with three modified, and one Carrier class), but only Iota Provisional Galaxy is assigned dedicated JumpShips—two Odyssey-class just as with the front line forces.

The Galaxy Command Trinarys are provided with a Union-C class DropShip and are also based aboard one of the reliable and rugged Odyssey-class JumpShips.  The spare docking collars always carry at least one Assault DropShip and one cargo vessel; the final vessel is either an additional Assault ship or a cargo ship depending on the specific needs of the Galaxy in question.

Clan naval assets are divided into two separate Stars, whose mission is to support the front line Galaxies and defend Burrock possessions; these Naval Stars only seldom see combat.  However, the Nightlord-class Absolute Truth (flagship of the Burrock Fleet) carries a Fast Reaction Galaxy (Delta) with two Clusters of Burrock Marines, front-line troops each equipped with 45 OmniMechs and 150 Elementals each, and a Galaxy Command Star of 10 OmniMechs and 50 Elementals.  In addition to this force, the Burrock battleship retains another 150 Elementals and 20 OmniFighters for its own defense.   The Burrock Marine Clusters are comprised of all classes of OmniMechs, from light to assault.

While the Burrocks may lack WarShip transport assets, they do have a fairly sizeable Merchant caste Fleet.  Active duty vessels include ten Voyager-class, ten Odyssey-class, twenty Discovery-class (a 280,000 ton design that includes an HPG, lithium-fusion batteries, and three docking collars), and twenty Aggressor-class JumpShips.  In addition to these sixty JumpShips, the Burrocks retain another ten Voyagers, twenty Odysseys, and ten Discoverys in their Reserve Cache at their capital of Albion.

Altogether, Clan Burrock can field eight WarShips, one hundred and forty-three JumpShips (20 Voyager, 73 Odyssey, 30 Discovery, and 20 Aggressor), two hundred and thirty nine military DropShips (including forty-four Noruff and Death Dancer class Assault DropShips), four hundred and twenty-eight civilian DropShips, 865 OmniMechs, 480 BattleMechs, 500 OmniFighters, 160 Aerospace Fighters, 640 Vehicles, 2300 Elemental Infantry, and 8000 Conventional Infantry.

Operation Revival
Although Clan Burrock generally detests Clan Steel Viper and its leadership, the two Clans each have an enclave on Haublan in the Chainelane Isles.  Located on separate continents, the Burrocks have had a relatively easier time integrating their new civilians than the Vipers, loosening some of the more onerous Clan laws to allow their subjects the opportunity to ease into Clan mainstream society.  The Clan has invested heavily in Haublan and has been rewarded with a population that no longer sees the Burrocks as invaders, but as their legitimate rulers.  A major factory complex has been completed and is stockpiling parts and munitions for the upcoming campaign.

Clan Burrock has to date moved their Alpha and Beta Galaxies to Haublan along with the Devouring Swarm Naval Star and the assault Marines of Delta Galaxy, plus the Iron Spine Keshik.  This force has been heavily training for the launch of Revival over the past year.  Supporting the front line forces, the Burrocks made the risky move of transferring half of their second line/garrison forces to the Isles—while Iota is charged with the defense of Haublan, Epsilon will be expected to garrison the new conquests within the Inner Sphere.

Meanwhile, back in the Homeworlds, Dagda and Hoard are garrisoned by the Burrock’s Kappa Galaxy, while Paxton and Priori have detachments from Omega Galaxy.  The front line Gamma Galaxy has assumed responsibility for the enclave on Strana Mechty (where the 23rd Combat Cluster has been stationed) and the Burrock capital of Albion, supported by the Rock Eaters Naval Star.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:08:46 PM by masterarminas »

Blacknova

• Puppet Master
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 12:40:55 AM »

Both are quite small Clans cannon wise, but you mentioned in your PM that smaller sizes were to be standard for this AU.

For the Blood Spirits, the York-class is unusual, as it was a Burrock designed vessel.  You might want to go with something else.

As we have little for the Burrocks to go on from cannon, its hard to make a call on them.

Any chance of posting a table that shows Clan Name, Front/Second/WarShips for a better idea of sizes?
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

The Kapteyn Universe - http://www.ourbattletech.com/kapteyn

Follow the KU on twitter: Matt Alexander
@BlackNova01

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

SSJGohan3972

• Sergeant
  • We are the Wolves War is our Element
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »

You list the Blood Spirits as having 8 Warships and then mention 4 in their reserve but I only see 3 in the reserve and 4 Yorks attached to formations for a total of 7, did I miss one?

Also you list Delta Galaxy of the Burrocks as attached to the Absolute Truth but also staying back in the homeworlds (but the Absolute Truth seems to be part of Revival) is the Galaxy supposed to be attached to the Rock Eaters Star that is staying in the homeworlds or is it not supposed to be staying in the homeworlds, etc.? - Edit: Reading the writeup it looks like Delta is in fact supposed to be part of Revival and in the IS/Periphery attached to the Absolute Truth so the *'s seem unnecessary.

I am loving these writeups by the way. I'd love to see more detailed rundowns of your jumpships as I've always felt there was a derth of jumpships and love to see more.

You probably already have multiple people helping you on this but I have the Jade Falcon and Wolf sourcebooks, Crusader and Warden Clans, Invading Clans, Warriors of Kerensky and just about every other clan sourcebook at the ready if you need/want something.
"Do not plan for how to defeat the enemy. Plan for how you will avoid acting like a surat when-not if-the enemy does the totally unexpected." Ulric Kerensky

BattleTech: Ripple Effect (My Alternate Universe)
http://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/battletech-ripple-effect-au/

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

You list the Blood Spirits as having 8 Warships and then mention 4 in their reserve but I only see 3 in the reserve and 4 Yorks attached to formations for a total of 7, did I miss one?

Also you list Delta Galaxy of the Burrocks as attached to the Absolute Truth but also staying back in the homeworlds (but the Absolute Truth seems to be part of Revival) is the Galaxy supposed to be attached to the Rock Eaters Star that is staying in the homeworlds or is it not supposed to be staying in the homeworlds, etc.? - Edit: Reading the writeup it looks like Delta is in fact supposed to be part of Revival and in the IS/Periphery attached to the Absolute Truth so the *'s seem unnecessary.

I am loving these writeups by the way. I'd love to see more detailed rundowns of your jumpships as I've always felt there was a derth of jumpships and love to see more.

You probably already have multiple people helping you on this but I have the Jade Falcon and Wolf sourcebooks, Crusader and Warden Clans, Invading Clans, Warriors of Kerensky and just about every other clan sourcebook at the ready if you need/want something.

4 Yorks (attached to Clan Command, Alpha, Beta, and Omega), plus 4 WarShips in the Naval Star (one Black Lion, TWO Lola III, and one Vincent).  Delta Galaxy was a typo; it is going to the Isles and I have fixed that. 

No, I have no assistance on this, so anything you care to contribute would be welcome!

MA

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »

Both are quite small Clans cannon wise, but you mentioned in your PM that smaller sizes were to be standard for this AU.

For the Blood Spirits, the York-class is unusual, as it was a Burrock designed vessel.  You might want to go with something else.

As we have little for the Burrocks to go on from cannon, its hard to make a call on them.

Any chance of posting a table that shows Clan Name, Front/Second/WarShips for a better idea of sizes?

I didn't realize that the York was Burrock designed; I thought it was based on the SLDF Riga (III)-clas Destroyer/Carrier, with new hulls being built by the Ravens.  Sure.

Clan Blood Spirit Totals
Second Line/Garrison Clusters:  15

Clan Burrock Totals
Front Line Clusters:  18
Second Line/Garrison Clusters:  16

Well, in canon, the Spirits fielded 27 Clusters after the Burrock Absorption.  That whole thing with losing 5 Galaxies . . . that just makes so little sense to me.  That would have given the Spirits around 52 Clusters, which is a bit much in my opinion.  As it stands, my version fields a total of 32 Clusters, five more than in canon, with a larger Fleet presence as well.  The Burrock are a little bit bigger, with a total strength of 34 Clusters, but the same number of WarShips.

I am trying to keep the Clans more evenly matched in this AU, not where you have the very weak, 3rd-tier Clans like the Scorpions and Cobras with 22 or 24 Clusters and huge, powerful Clans like the Bears with 60+.

Blood Spirit:  17 Front Line, 15 2nd line/Garrison, 8 Warships, 81 JumpShips, 1395 'Mechs, 400 ASF, 930 vehicles, 1425 Elementals, and 5625 Conventonal Infantry.

Burrock:  18 Front Line, 16 2nd line/Garrison, 8 Warships, 143 JumpShips, 1345 'Mechs, 660 ASF, 640 vehicles, 2300 Elementals, and 8000 Conventional Infantry.

MA
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:38:38 PM by masterarminas »

masterarminas

• General
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »

CLAN CLOUD COBRA

FRONT LINE FORCES

Command
Cobra Pharaoh Keshik (Elite/Fanatical)
Cobra Temple Keshik (Elite/Fanatical)

Alpha Galaxy (The Keystone)
33rd Battle Cluster (Thor's Hammer) (Elite/Fanatical)
45th Cobra Grenadiers (Spitting Serpents) (Elite/Reliable)
116th Dragoon Cluster (Last Stand) (Elite/Reliable)
214th Striker Cluster (Black Sheep) (Elite/Fanatical)
23rd Cobra Fighter Wing (Silent Death) (Elite/Reliable)
York-class Destroyer (Brimstone)

Beta Galaxy (Scourge of the Pentagon)
84th Dragoon Cluster (Wings of Pharaoh (Veteran/Reliable)
121st Dragoon Cluster (Dragonscales) (Veteran/Reliable)
185th Striker Cluster (Heaven's Gate) (Veteran/Reliable)
222nd Striker Cluster (Iron Butterflies) (Veteran/Reliable)
441st Cobra Fighter Wing (Hooded Killers) (Veteran/Reliable)
York-class Destroyer (The Protector)

Delta Galaxy (Olympus Head)*
1st Dragoon Cluster (Wild Kaards) (Veteran/Reliable)*
5th Dragoon Cluster (Arms of Ares) (Veteran/Reliable)*
170th Striker Cluster (Little Green Men) (Veteran/Reliable)*
268th Striker Cluster (Titanium Wind) (Veteran/Reliable)*
73rd Cobra Fighter Wing (Flying Cobras) (Veteran/Reliable)*
York-class Destroyer (Nebulous)*

Epsilon Reserve Galaxy
66th Cobra Guards (The Sapphire Guard) (Regular/Reliable)
102nd Cobra Guards (The Obsidian Guard) (Regular/Reliable)
155th Cobra Guards (The Jade Guard) (Regular/Reliable)
243rd Cobra Guards (The Emerald Guard) (Regular/Fanatical)
134th Cobra Fighter Wing (We Own the Sky) (Regular/Reliable)

Gamma Reserve Galaxy*
57th Cobra Guards (The Golden Guard) (Regular/Questionable)*
59th Cobra Guards (The Silver Guard) (Regular/Questionable)*
97th Cobra Guards (The Crimson Guard) (Regular/Questionable)*
149th Cobra Guards (The Azure Guard) (Regular/Questionable)*
14th Cobra Fighter Wing (Cobra Strike!) (Regular/Questionable)*

Zeta Reserve Galaxy*
161st Cobra Guards (The Turquoise Guard) (Regular/Reliable)*
197th Cobra Guards (The Amethyst Guard) (Regular/Reliable)*
206th Cobra Guards (The Teak Guard) (Regular/Reliable)*
245th Cobra Guards (The Ivory Guard) (Regular/Questionable)*
237th Cobra Fighter Wing (Air Dancers) (Regular/Reliable)*

NAVAL FORCES

Divine Wind Naval Strike Star*
McKenna-class Battleship (Second Coming)*
Aegis-class Heavy Cruiser (Consequence)*
Lola III-class Destroyer (Trump)*
Fredasa-class Corvette (Hell Fury)*

Wings of Heaven Naval Strike Star
Cameron-class Battle Cruiser (Incense)
Aegis-class Heavy Cruiser (Inquisitor)
Lola III-class Destroyer (Cataclysm)
Fredasa-class Corvette (Perdition’s Flame)

Walkers of the Way Naval Support Star
Potemkin-class Troop Cruiser (True Sight; Wisdom of Ages)
Carrack-class Transport (Blind Faith)
Vincent Mk. 42-class Corvette (Hertzog’s Staff)

Clan Totals
Garrison Clusters:  15
WarShips:  15

Cloud Cobra Touman Organization and Overview
The Cloud Cobras are unabashedly an aerospace fighter heavy Touman, relying upon heavy fighter support and skilled pilots to deter other, larger and more powerful, Clans.  That does not mean that the Cobras lack an effective ground force, only that the ground arm of the Cobra Touman is relatively smaller than other Clans choose to field.

Cobra front line Clusters are arranged as heavy-weight Battle Clusters (including the two Keshiks), a single Grenadier Cluster (the only assault-weight formation within the Cobra Touman), Dragoon Clusters built around light, medium, and heavy-weight ‘Mechs, supported by Elementals and Fighters, and fast-moving light-medium Striker Clusters.  In addition, each front line Galaxy is assigned one of the six Cobra Fighter Wings—a Cluster formation comprised solely of Omni- and Aerospace Fighters.

The Battle Cluster, both Keshiks, the Cobra Grenadiers Cluster, and the five Striker Clusters are all configured identically, differing only in the weight of their equipment:  each contains three Trinary of OmniMechs, one Trinary of Elementals, and one Trinary of OmniFighters.  The Cobra Grenadiers field heavy and assault-weight elements; the Battle Clusters and Keshiks medium and heavy-weight elements; and the Striker Clusters light and medium-weight elements.  Transport consists of a Voyager-class JumpShip and six DropShips (three Union-C class, one Sassanid class, one Charybdis class [what becomes known as the Miraborg class in canon], and one cargo vessel.

The five Dragoon Clusters are organized differently.  Each Dragoon Cluster fields three Supernovas built around 10 light, medium, and heavy-weight OmniMechs and 50 Elementals, supported by a Trinary of OmniFighters (with a star each of light, medium, and heavy Fighters).  Each Dragoon Cluster is assigned one Odyssey-class JumpShip for transport, with three modified Union-C class and one Charybdis class DropShip.

The six Cobra Fighter Wings are assigned one to each Galaxy (front line or garrison).  Each consists of five Trinary of OmniFighters (front line) or Aerospace Fighters (second line/garrison).  Each Fighter Wing (front line and second line/garrison) has been assigned five Aggressor-class JumpShips, five Charybdis class DropShips, and five cargo vessels for transport and supply.

Second line/garrison formations consist of a dozen Cobra Guards Clusters, supported by three Cobra Fighter Wings.  The Cobra Guards Clusters are built for defense, with two Trinary of BattleMechs, a Trinary of combat vehicles, a Trinary of 10 combat vehicles and 250 conventional infantry, and a Trinary of Aerospace Fighters.  The weight of the Cobra Guards varies between light, medium, and heavy, but assault-weight elements are noticeably absent from these formations.  None of the second-line/garrison Cobra Guards Clusters are assigned a JumpShip, but each has two Union-C, one Triumph-C, one Lion, and one Charybdis class DropShips provided.

In addition to its conventional assets, each front line Galaxy has a York-class Destroyer/Carrier assigned to it; providing additional aerospace support.  The remainder of the Cobra’s Fleet is divided into three Naval Stars:  two offensive and one support.  These Fleet elements, which not as large and powerful as those of some other Clans, are more than adequate in their role to protect Cobra enclaves.  The Cobra Merchant Fleet favors smaller JumpShips and retains 1 Voyager-class (merchant flagship), 5 Odyssey-class, 20 Discovery-class, and 20 Aggressor-class on active duty, with an additional 10 Odyssey-class, 10 Discovery-class, and 10 Aggressor-class in mothballs at the Clan Naval Reserve Cache over Homer.

The Cobras are thus able to field 15 WarShips, 120 JumpShips (10 Voyager-class, 20 Odyssey-class, 30 Discovery-class, 60 Aggressor-class), 155 military DropShips, 255 civilian DropShips, 555 OmniMechs, 360 BattleMechs, 1200 OmniFighters, 810 Aerospace Fighters, 480 Vehicles, 1675 Elemental Infantry, and 3000 Conventional Infantry.

Operation Revival
The Cobras share the world of Ingvolstand in the Chainelane Isles with Clan Star Adder, one of their closest allies.  The two Clans have collaborated to build a single factory complex that will supply both Toumans with parts, supplies, and munitions once the Invasion commences in earnest.  Committing more than half their total available forces to Revival, the Cobras find themselves stretched back in the Homeworlds.  Delta Galaxy (a front-line unit) is responsible for both the Cobra capital of Homer and the enclave on Strana Mechty, while Gamma provides Garrisons for Babylon and Brim and Zeta for Tanis and Alexandria. The Divine Wind Naval Strike Star runs a patrol route from Babylon to Homer to the Tanite worlds, relying upon the impressive firepower of the battleship Second Coming to dissuade predatory Clans from striking. Stacha was seized by the Smoke Jaguars in 3044 in a Trial of Possession that still causes resentment among the Cobras to this day.  Star Colonel Adrian Spaatz commanded that defense and he granted the Jaguars safcon, despite the Jaguars having front line assault-weight OmniMechs in their bid.  The 245th Guards were handily defeated and Spaatz was taken by the Jaguars as abtakha.  Rumors abound that the defeat was arranged by Spaatz, as he was restored to his status as a Warrior in the Jaguar Touman within six months of his capture—retaining his rank of Star Colonel.

CLAN RUNNING TOTALS TO DATE

Blood Spirit: 17 Front Line, 15 2nd line/Garrison, 8 Warships, 81 JumpShips, 1395 'Mechs, 400 ASF, 930 vehicles, 1425 Elementals, and 5625 Conventional Infantry.

Burrock: 18 Front Line, 16 2nd line/Garrison, 8 Warships, 143 JumpShips, 1345 'Mechs, 660 ASF, 640 vehicles, 2300 Elementals, and 8000 Conventional Infantry.

Cloud Cobra: 17 Front Line, 15 2nd line/Garrison, 15 Warships, 120 JumpShips, 915 'Mechs, 2010 ASF, 480 vehicles, 1675 Elementals, and 3000 Conventional Infantry.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:26:03 AM by masterarminas »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up