OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OurBattleTech.com - A BattleTech Fan Site

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarion Call  (Read 58834 times)

wolfcannon

• Overste
Re: Clarion Call
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »

My Daniels Avengers stand to assist.
Clan Coyote
Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
Omicron Galaxy

Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword

Daniels Avengers
General Jennifer Daniels

Gabriel

• General
  • We the Swift,Quiet and Deadly Bring Forth Death
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:42 AM »

Look 2 worthy units stand ready to find that which was lost
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

wolfcannon

• Overste
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »

btw what is the url to masterarminas website
Clan Coyote
Omicron Galaxy

Clan Wolf in Exile
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword

Daniels Avengers
General Jennifer Daniels

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »

btw what is the url to masterarminas website

no idea wolfcannon but here is the next part of Clarion Call hot of the presses.

Again the next parts of the expanded chapter 10 are inspired by drakensis Building for Victory. Thanks again!

It all felt as if the entire weight of the Federated Commonwealth was falling upon Archon Melissa Steiner. The nightmarish return of Kerensky’s children, the multiple near fatal encounters her eldest son had at the front, and the suffering of her people some now enslaved under Clan rule were already bad enough. Now the near death of her beloved husband bought more complications then anyone except for him could have foreseen. Hanse’s terrifying prophetic visions only added to the surreal atmosphere sweeping the Inner Sphere.

Thankfully her closest friend Misha Auburn, the Countess of Tikonov and Court Historian, had also made the emergency trip from Tharkad. While the presence of her life long companion was very reassuring to the Archon it all seemed so overwhelming. Hopefully Melissa thought she could somehow confide in her best friend but where to begin and what to disclose without sounding crazy. As the door to the Lyran Ward of the Davion Royal Palace opened she renewed her focus on the task at hand. “One step at a time” she muttered as her cousin Field Marshal Roman Steiner entered.

Roman briskly strode towards her and halted at the appropriate distance to deliver a crisp salute, “Reporting as ordered Archon.” While he was only fifty five years old his lists of military accomplishments were impressive beginning with his first posting to the Royal Guards in the last days of the 3rd Succession War. He went onto lead the 3rd Royal Guards in the 4th Succession War and commanded the Sarna March during the War of 3039. His loyal support which dated back to her mother’s reign combined with a tireless work ethic and superb organizational abilities led to his current position.

While he had performed exceptionally as the Deputy State Commander of the Federated Suns during the Clan Invasion the abrupt reforms now being implemented would soon lead to his dismissal. Melissa moved to the massive communications screen and broke the silence “At ease, thank you for coming Field Marshal.” While he physically relaxed it was readily apparent that Roman’s attitude remained somewhat tense. “You summoned me cousin, so I am here” he said frankly. The curt response could have been interpreted as disrespect but Melissa knew his preference was to cut to the chase.

“I understand you are planning to retire” she said bluntly gesturing to his recently penned request form. Without hesitation he replied “Well Highness in light of your sudden reforms to the AFFC it seems my services are no longer required.” Looking down at his resignation letter she quizzically asked “You want to spend more time with your family?” Again Roman quickly answered “Yes Archon, my wife and my youngest grand daughter Amanda await my return to Tharkad.” He smiled after a short pause “Tabitha who is about to turn twenty is transferring to the new Royal Guard from the 1st Davion Guard.”

Looking up Melissa deliberately made eye contact “I know these changes are difficult but they are absolutely necessary if we are to remain united and defeat the Clans. I know your only daughter is now a prisoner of the Jade Falcon Clan but we will get her and the 10th Donegal back.” Marshal Sarah Steiner had been forced to surrender her command on Zoetermeer after several clashes with the invader. Roman shook his head “Even though White Knight offers some hope of Sarah’s eventual return it is the prospect of returning home to my wife that now gives me something to look forward to everyday.”

Searching for the words his gaze fell upon the floor “While I will always support you Archon and the Federated Commonwealth my heart just isn’t in this new AFFC your creating.” As he finished the Archon began to tear up his request which shocked Roman causing him to refocus. Forestalling any protest she held up her right hand “I can not accept your resignation at this time Field Marshal.” Melissa tapped a remote that activated the huge viewer bringing several distant figures into vision. A direct link to the Royal Court on Tharkad was instantly established via ComStar’s HPG network.

The real time feed revealed the familiar faces of the Steiner family gathered together on their icy capital planet. Most were minor scions or distant relations to the royal blood line like Adam Steiner who’s Strikers had recently made a name for themselves during the Clan Invasion. A few however stood out among the crowd. Of course there was Regent Peter Steiner-Davion who was Archon Pro Tem while Melissa was present on New Avalon. At his right were Field Marshal Nondi Steiner, Lyran State Commander, and Duchess of Gallery.

To the left Marshal Iris Steiner, commander of the Lyran Guard, and Duchess of Furillo. Next to her somewhat surprisingly was Ryan Steiner, head of the dissident Free Skye Movement and Duke of Porrima. Lastly Duke Hermann Steiner of Duran was the Archon’s grand uncle and something of the unofficially patriarch of the family being the oldest born in 2968. As one they all bowed with the typical Lyran etiquette towards their ruler “Highness.” As Misha quietly joined her on the left Melissa glanced at Roman to her right as he smiled at his beloved wife and family.

The Archon began her planned address “No doubt you have already heard that the Royal Guard has been reassigned to the FedCom Corps. Lyran soldiers who have chosen to remain with their unit will now serve alongside personnel from the Davion Royal Brigade of Guards as the elite force of our grand alliance. While proud Lyran traditions will now carry on as the premier military contingent of the Archon Prince and the entire Federated Commonwealth their departure has left a void we must now fill. Fortunately another initiative of Project Unity has provided me with the inspiration to restore what some say we have lost.”

She continued after a slight pause “While highly skilled and well equipped the Clans simply can not match our numbers. All our resources, our entire national industry can overwhelm them in spite of their advantages. In order to defeat these invaders we must commit ourselves totally to victory. To that end I have ordered Interstellar Mobilization to begin across the entire Commonwealth. Mechwarriors and Aerospace Pilots in reserve or private service will be assembled into new units for deployment across the realm while Armor and Infantry will also be called up for local defense where necessary.”

Melissa could hear the discord across the stars at the mere suggestion of conscription on a scale not seen since the early days of the Succession Wars. Cutting through the background chatter at Court she resumed “Yes such a massive effort will not be easy or painless and there will be some that say it is beyond our capability. Yet in the years since the last mobilization of 3039 we’ve had time to strengthen our defenses and create new reserves. History shows us that such endeavors can indeed make a difference. We have drawn upon the successes of the Citizen Regiments and the failures of Concentrated Weakness to create this new strategy.”

Smiling she put forth the conclusion of remarks “Today it is with great pride that I announce the formation of a new Lyran Command, the Steiner Huscarls. Drawn from volunteers of the Royal Guard, select members of the Diplomatic Guard, and filled out by loyal Steiner retainers this new formation will take up the duties of the old Guard while serving as the benchmark for the new conscript units to come. I have made arrangements to personally finance the creation of five such BattleMech regiments that will represent the each of the four Steiner owned worlds and Tharkad.”

Looking to her right “I hereby proclaim Field Marshal Roman Steiner first commander of the Huscarls, High Guardian of House Steiner, and Deputy Commander of the LCAF.” A round of applause rang out across the channel to a surprised senior officer who could only say “You honor me Archon.” Melissa looked at him “I intend to do more than just garrison interior worlds. Have your men ready for service as soon as possible.” Returning to attention he saluted “Yes Archon it shall be done.” Quickly thanking the assembly for their time Lady Steiner could once again think about talking to her best friend about the horrible events that were soon to come.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lojtnant
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »

;D Yay an update!  Liked to see Melissa stepping up to the role of Archon.  So what happened to Katrina?  Since Peter is the Archon Pro Tem on Tharkad?  Keep up the writing!

muttley

• Lojtnant
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »

Hope they sent her off to the monastery on Zaniah...
"It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men than we imagined we could be -- and no worse than we feared." Drago Museveni, CY 8451

wolfcannon

• Overste
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2012, 05:18:39 AM »

i hope to have a repeat of her spanking  ;D.
Clan Coyote
Omicron Galaxy

Clan Wolf in Exile
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword

Daniels Avengers
General Jennifer Daniels

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »

;D Yay an update!  Liked to see Melissa stepping up to the role of Archon.  So what happened to Katrina?  Since Peter is the Archon Pro Tem on Tharkad?  Keep up the writing!

Thanks guys. As per canon Katrina Steiner died in early 3040 some 12 years before all of this. Here is the info from Historical War of 3039.

Katrina had suffered from cancer since 3037, and in December of 3038 she learned her condition was terminal. With
roughly a year to live, she chose to spend that time with her daughter and grandchildren. She announced her abdication in
favor of Melissa Steiner-Davion, who succeeded as Archon while Katrina took the title of Archon-Emeritus. The elder Archon continued to serve as military and political advisor to her daughter during the War of 3039, but by the end of the year she was frail and in great discomfort. Archon Katrina Steiner died in her sleep on 4 January 3040, days before the signing of the Exeter Accords that ended the 3039 conflict.

Planning on having part 5 ( 8 ) of chapter 10 up next weekend.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:17:42 PM by Takiro »

Shadow_Wraith

• Lojtnant
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »

:-[  oops.  I meant Katherine S-D.   Eitherway, glad your updating this story!!

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »

Ah Katherine has yet to change her name and take on her Lyran persona. Happens sometime in 3054 i think during the canon timeline. Actually at this time per 20 Year Update she is Regent of the Federated Suns while Peter is Regent of the Lyran Commonwealth.

Gabriel

• General
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »

Drop into the sun works for me
Fear is our most powerful weapon and a Heavy Regiment of Von Rohrs Battlemech's is a very close second.-attributed to Kozo Von Rohrs
Will of Iron,Nerves of Steel,Heart of Gold,Balls of Brass... No wonder I set off metal detectors.Death or Compliance now that's not to much to ask for,is it?

wolfcannon

• Overste
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »

so hanse is keeping her close?
Clan Coyote
Omicron Galaxy

Clan Wolf in Exile
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword

Daniels Avengers
General Jennifer Daniels

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »

You'll have to wait for Chapter 12 to find out! ;)

wolfcannon

• Overste
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »

hmm i smell a fox in the hen house  ::)
Clan Coyote
Omicron Galaxy

Clan Wolf in Exile
Bravo Trinary
Alpha Star
Star Captain James Sword

Daniels Avengers
General Jennifer Daniels

Gabriel

• General
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »

That was beneath you while it is level for Ice Hellion   :o  ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:02:37 AM by Gabriel »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up