OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Marik Civil War  (Read 32936 times)

fabulousorcboy

• Fanjunkare
Re: Third Marik Civil War
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 06:38:03 PM »

Agreed!

I think Isis would be ideal in the "mother of the Messiah" role, not least because it would allow the WOB and/or Sun-Tzu to keep her potential power over the cult they're running to a minimum.  But Takiro seems to have a plot in mind where Isis has (or seizes) more power for herself directly, to which I say YES PLEASE.

Fewer hapless princesses in fiction is a good thing.  So instead, I humbly offered other options, and using a Trinity is a simple and extremely popular way in history to combine all the flavors of multiple popular deities in a polytheistic religion together into a single easy-to-worship package for a unified cult.  (Note: this isn't at all how or why Christianity created or uses its three-aspect Trinity -- for one, in a polytheistic religion, you can customize the specific deities/aspects as needed, even between different worshippers in the same group -- but the existence of a Trinity could still allow the Cult to try to recruit Christians as well as polytheists and syncretics)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:46:35 PM by fabulousorcboy »

DOC_Agren

• Menig
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 08:24:37 PM »

How about this instead of the Cult of Isis, what about The Daughter's Hands

and for the group who wants to bring Joshua in, The Pureblood Marik, want to bring him in to have Thomas son who not tainted by her relation to Liao.  After all do you loyal sons and daughter of Marik/FWL want to live under Liao?  Because that what you are going to get backing her.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:38:03 PM by DOC_Agren »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2021, 06:06:14 AM »

Some good brainstorming gang - my instincts are to go with something like the Master's Legacy. Something Manei Domini inspired with a bad latin name might be appropriate. Let me also put out there the Inevitables which sort of eludes to a destiny which can't be altered in spite of the background story of Hanse's survival.

Right now to me Isis equals Sansa Stark to me. I had envisioned combat over here at the start of the conflict were Liao allies rescue her. Sun Tzu attempts to keep her as isolated from the truth of extremism committed in her name. Ultimately I'd love to see her grow into more than just Victor's play thing.

and for the group who wants to bring Joshua in, The Pureblood Marik, want to bring him in to have Thomas son who not tainted by her relation to Liao.  After all do you loyal sons and daughter of Marik/FWL want to live under Liao?  Because that what you are going to get backing her.

Joshua supporters would be a small strange lot because of his lack of claim, meaning he doesn't directly advance one. I could see such a group existing but not sure what I would name them.

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2021, 08:18:13 AM »

Greeks called her Isis, Egyptians called her Aset use that name if want to stick away from the modern use of the name.
NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin

fabulousorcboy

• Fanjunkare
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2021, 02:10:51 PM »

Some good brainstorming gang - my instincts are to go with something like the Master's Legacy. Something Manei Domini inspired with a bad latin name might be appropriate.

Google Translate gives us "Domini Legatum" for "The Master's Legacy"

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2021, 03:06:46 PM »

Some good brainstorming gang - my instincts are to go with something like the Master's Legacy. Something Manei Domini inspired with a bad latin name might be appropriate.

Google Translate gives us "Domini Legatum" for "The Master's Legacy"

I like that name very much!

What would their insignia be? How is this??
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:38:25 PM by Takiro »

DOC_Agren

• Menig
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »

Joshua supporters would be a small strange lot because of his lack of claim, meaning he doesn't directly advance one. I could see such a group existing but not sure what I would name them.
But they will need a group name to "assemble" to fight for in his name for the claim Pura Sanguis

For the group in Isis name, I can see her being shielded from what hostile actions being done in her name, which is why I looked at the Daughter's Hands or Filiae Manus at first but hopefully she will become aware of these acts.  Hopefully she can seize the reins of power and become more then her canon life but maybe she is more of a Beta then an Alpha personality.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

fabulousorcboy

• Fanjunkare
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »

Is the robed figure supposed to represent Jerome Blake, or just some general messiah-type figure?  I mean, either is fine, but I think that the other cults will probably need a more generic icon if they're going to be part of the team.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2021, 04:27:35 PM »

But they will need a group name to "assemble" to fight for in his name for the claim Pura Sanguis

+1
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:12:20 PM by Ice Hellion »

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2021, 09:58:51 PM »

For the group in Isis name, I can see her being shielded from what hostile actions being done in her name, which is why I looked at the Daughter's Hands or Filiae Manus at first but hopefully she will become aware of these acts.  Hopefully she can seize the reins of power and become more then her canon life but maybe she is more of a Beta then an Alpha personality.

Something simple like a purple hand??

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2021, 10:00:37 PM »

+1

Is it ironic that this Pure Blood faction is backing an heir without any Marik blood?

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2021, 03:46:19 AM »

Is it ironic that this Pure Blood faction is backing an heir without any Marik blood?

For you, yes. But since no one really knows it (if I got it right), they are just pushing the rightful heir to the throne.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

fabulousorcboy

• Fanjunkare
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2021, 08:11:17 AM »

Given the existence of the Black Hand, an anarchist group that started WW1, I'd say a purple hand logo is perfect.

DOC_Agren

• Menig
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »

Something simple like a purple hand??
I like it...

For you, yes. But since no one really knows it (if I got it right), they are just pushing the rightful heir to the throne.
and 1 that will not leave them under the influeance of house Liao

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2021, 11:28:18 PM »

I don't know if I love the purple hand - as a symbol it is fine but as a name it somewhat lacks. How about the Hands of Fate?

For Joshua's followers how about the Nightingales? A small group dedicated to the hope the true sovereign of the realm recovers from his severe illness and returns. It has the nurse angle and the bird angle going for it. Thoughts??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up