OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TtS Jardine and the New Direction  (Read 8445 times)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
TtS Jardine and the New Direction
« on: August 24, 2020, 03:15:00 PM »

So originally I had planned to go right to a 3rd Marik Civil War after the death of the real Thomas Marik on Mars in 3052 following Tukayyid however Touring the Stars Jardine revealed that he was there instead of the Red Planet during that time period. As it is spelled out and makes logical sense that means that I have to make some fundamental changes to Salient Horizon. I.E. the 3rd Marik Civil War will not likely play out as I had planned or will be delayed for a bit.

However, there is an added benefit of which I am becoming more and more intrigued. A Blakist Civil War where two factions vie for control of ComStar clandestine assets as part of the Schism. This War for the Hidden may include battles for Gabriel and Jardine as well as a more factional group of cabals like the Wolverines (aka the Blood), Clinton's Cutthroats, the Manei Domini (which in canon timeline took over everything here), and many more. Love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on factions, events, whatever you like on this developing new direction. ;)

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
Re: TtS Jardine and the New Direction
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 04:13:15 PM »

Why not go for the "real" Thomas Marik trying in the name of Blake to take back what is his to destroy the Clans (and perhaps also because the "false" one could be resisting a little).
With 2 Thomas Marik, some would say that both are false and present their champions (getting back to what you imagined).

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »

I feel like the "fake' Thomas Marik is a puppet on a string at this point in time which is sort of spelled out in TtS Jardine. The "real" Thomas is fine with pulling the strings from a far at this point and while resistance to his clandestine leadership of the Word Of Blake may bring him out of the shadows earlier I don't think we are there yet. The Manei Domini are just not that strong at this point and I feel their entire faction would be still compose of different groups. I'd like to explore some of that here.

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »

I feel like the "fake' Thomas Marik is a puppet on a string at this point in time which is sort of spelled out in TtS Jardine

Then make another faction trying to control it too and someone in the Marik family and/or the Parliament finding it out and launching their own war for the freedom of the people (and/or the Free Worlds League).

Obviously, you will have to mix all these people to make for a good Civil War with lots of treasons and betrayals.

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »

Could do that but we might have to change things a bit. Hmm.....

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »

Could you use your Jeffrey Marik as this?
NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 09:15:46 PM »

How so??

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:24:45 AM »

Dunno just as some sort of trigger
NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »

We could just make the 3rd Marik Civil War part of a greater ComStar Civil War. Jeffrey naturally fits as an alternative from Thomas. The same way Corrine may appeal to some as a native alternative to the real Thomas.

DOC_Agren

• Menig
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 01:51:35 PM »

So the Thomas Marik's fight a war for control of the FWL that spins into the civil war you want with others turning on Thomas and either aligning with the other or a alternative option like Jeffery
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 07:37:01 PM »

Essentially yes. Originally I had killed the real Thomas off on Mars but TtS Jardine could alter that

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »

The more I bat this one around and what I have planned for my story the more I think I will stick with my original plan in spite of canon sources.

The 'Real' Thomas in this case would travel to Mars in order to secure the leadership of the Blood which was eluded to in InterStellar Players if you believe the whole Wolverines hidden there rumor. Since my story is based on that I can elaborate and his decision to travel there can be said to be an alternate event based on what is happening already. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up