OBT Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AU Developers - Please PM Knightmare or MechRat if you need board or permission changes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BTSD The Reboot?!  (Read 43532 times)

masterarminas

• General
Re: BTSD The Reboot?!
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »

Yes, the Periphery (at least in regards to MoC and TC) makes little sense in regard to other canon material.  So, I would make that the divergent part of BattleTech:  Shattered Dawn . . . and completely rewrite canon from the Kerensky Exodus onward.

You already have a detailed background . . . ignore new canon and continue it forward!  That is my vote.

MA

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »

Thanks for your opinion masterarminas!

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »

An angle that makes a lot of sense which I'd like to tackle in the Periphery is Spheroid colonization during the Star League. Granted this happened more in the Rim Worlds and Outworlds than it happened to the Canopians and Taurians but I'd love to delve into the topic as we go. Again these are all great reasons to start with a Reunification War Supplemental which can alter our time line earlier and flesh out the frontier of humanity.

And building new infrastructures in a realistic way...

Space colonization, here I am :D

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5

David CGB

• Kavallerist
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 01:16:53 AM »

Yes, the Periphery (at least in regards to MoC and TC) makes little sense in regard to other canon material.  So, I would make that the divergent part of BattleTech:  Shattered Dawn . . . and completely rewrite canon from the Kerensky Exodus onward.

You already have a detailed background . . . ignore new canon and continue it forward!  That is my vote.

MA
quite right on that response, that would be the only way to go forward

CJvR

• Fanjunkare
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »

One should never try to make sense of FASAnomics, down that path lies madness. Like how a few periphery realms buckling under the burden of unjust taxes levied to build up a few dozen house regiments managed to raise 40 divisions with fleet support to fight in the revolt.

SD is one of my favorite BT-AH & I would love more stuff on it.

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2020, 03:55:13 PM »

Thanks CJvR!

I believe it was 50 BattleMech regiments and I don't think they had warships if we are talking the Periphery BattleMech Divisions.

lrose

• General
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2020, 06:43:09 PM »

No it was 50 Mech Divisions.  The original source material said they were full mech divisions- which I would take to mean 6 mech regiments/3 infantry regiments/3 armor regiments plus supporting elements. 

Liberation of Terra Vol 1 claims these were not full mech divisions but combined arms formations mixing mechs and armor for offensive operations and infantry for defensive operations.  It also claims most of the equipment was RW era and that they had no warships and few military dropships.

Early sources cite at least some warships belong to the hidden fleet - Darts, the Lola IIs.  FM  2765 made these ships part of the public fleets.  (Not sure why they chose to do this).

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »

I always figured the PBMDs were a 3 mech regiment, 3 armor regiment, 3 infantry regiment formation.

Wrangler

• Korporal
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2020, 10:10:08 AM »

I think if you guys have fire in your bellies to get hot writing again with perhaps different timeline based on BattleTech:  Shattered Dawn, you should do it.

Some of you may know me, but I've dabble in helping, but i'm principally maintaining the Battletech Fanon Wiki, which was abandoned by Sarna.net when it offloaded all the old canon. I also work on Sarna as well. 

Lately, this year, I've been trying make strives to preserve the BattleTech fanon as much i can and having new stuff come out would be great. Adding articles highlighting some of the fan projects from Source books, fan stories, and other stuff like Technical Readouts.  I've added couple of the books of  BattleTech:  Shattered Dawn to it.

I do ask if you guys decide to Revise the  BattleTech:  Shattered Dawn AU, please differentiate if from the original.  It will make it less confusion for people wanting check out your stuff out.

Bradshaw

• General
  • Expect it most when you expect it least
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »

Wrangler whats the website I'd be interested in looking at it, Im familiar with sarna.net I use it almost daily for either research or just perusing
NEVER trust a man who scratches his chin

Wrangler

• Korporal
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 07:54:47 PM »

Wrangler whats the website I'd be interested in looking at it, Im familiar with sarna.net I use it almost daily for either research or just perusing
This the website for the Battletech fanon Wiki site.
The website divided by categories with TROs, Source Books, AU, by author, and so forth.

Ive been trying clean it up and organize it I am slowly adding lost and new fan stuff.

It will be interesting see NEw Shattered Dawn come out btw.

Bradshaw

• General
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »

Agreed, I helped a tiny bit on some of the old stuff as I'm a real life friend of Takiro and have been playing BT together on and off again for 30 years now. He's definitely the loremaster in our relationship I'm more like the Khan I have thing on my mind and thats WAR!!  ;) (inside joke as when playing Civilization together I was always the war minister and Tak was always for the diplomatic solution)

Takiro

• General
  • For the Last Cameron!
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2020, 10:26:19 AM »

Hey, Wrangler you don't have all our existing BTSD library which includes the 3rd edition of fanbook 1. You can find everything here.

https://www.ourbattletech.com/downloads/

Bradshaw

• General
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 12:29:17 PM »

This the website for the Battletech fanon Wiki site.

Nice site

Ice Hellion

• Protector of the Taurian Concordat
  • KU Player
  • General
  • Beware of the all-seeing eye: Ice Hellion
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »

He's definitely the loremaster in our relationship I'm more like the Khan I have thing on my mind and thats WAR!!  ;) (inside joke as when playing Civilization together I was always the war minister and Tak was always for the diplomatic solution)

And I am the Jester :P

"In turn they tested each Clan namesake
in trial against the Ice Hellion's mettle.
Each chased the Ice Hellion, hunting it down.
All failed to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said, "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance (Clan Ice Hellion) Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1 - 5
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up